As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2016: You'll go down in history...

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

A package!
    x2A6UJMl.jpg

A lovely item inside!
    3tjNf06l.jpg

Amazon needs to check their printer alignment. U23ZnE5l.jpg

Shovel Knight! I had heard good stuff about this game but never really looked into it. Awesome!
    tZFYYsxl.jpg

This one your favorites, @AbsoluteZero? Thanks very much!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Shovel Knight is amazing. I own a couple different versions. Most recently I bought the PS4 version mainly because it came with an actual manual and I really want to support that because manuals were/are awesome.

Steam: offday
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif
    A package!
    x2A6UJMl.jpg

A lovely item inside!
    3tjNf06l.jpg

Shovel Knight! I had heard good stuff about this game but never really looked into it. Awesome!
    tZFYYsxl.jpg

Easily one of my favorite games of the last few years, and I thought your Wii U could use some more love. Shovel Knight is a love letter to classic games. Plus it still has new DLC content coming out, the new campaign Spectre of Torment will be out soon, and Plague of Shadows is already available.. and a third campaign is planned for the future as well. I believe all that stuff is free with the retail version, so in a way, it's the gift that keeps on giving! I really hope you enjoy it. Don't know if your kiddos are gamers, but Shovel Knight might be something you could enjoy with them as well. I know I would have lost my shit if Shovel Knight came out when I was around the age of your boys.

Super disappointed with that Amazon print job. It was supposed to say "Hopefully you haven't STRUCK THE EARTH yet, and are ready to DIG IN. Merry Shovelmas!"

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Yes, other developers need to take note of how yacht club games does dlc. It's crazy that they are still coming out with dlc for this game and it's all free.

Steam: offday
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I wanted to assemble my gifts into one box with a note, but the Amazon shipping on some of the items wouldn't have made it here for me to safely ensure everything got there on time. Know that the gifts were heavily meditated upon, O Nameless One.

• SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

So Package #1, Codename STORM arrived! On the heels of an actual storm bringing an extremely unusual heavy snowfall and sub-zero Arctic chill to the Vancouver area. What have you done, Santa? I had to put on a toque to pick this up! With ear flaps!

FFo7kbOm.jpg

Ha ha, it's even a package from Blizzard. Santa really tempted the weather gods!

Mje29Cwm.jpg

Package is duly inspected and accepted with great love, even if it is a bit too small for sits.

FesPekEm.jpg

D'awww, it's an azure whelpling! Santa, your note indicated that you managed to pick the one major MMO I don't play, but actually, I played WoW for many years and definitely had this guy following my character around from time to time. He's adorbs!

5yf8zmsm.jpg

And Giles is very happy with his present as well! Huzzah for bags!

Thanks so much, Santa @Bursar! I look forward to the arrival of Package #2, codename CHILLSMITH with both jolly anticipation (prezzies!) and trepidation (what kind of weather will it summon?)!

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif
    A package!
    x2A6UJMl.jpg

A lovely item inside!
    3tjNf06l.jpg

tZFYYsxl.jpg

Easily one of my favorite games of the last few years, and I thought your Wii U could use some more love. Shovel Knight is a love letter to classic games. Plus it still has new DLC content coming out, the new campaign Spectre of Torment will be out soon, and Plague of Shadows is already available.. and a third campaign is planned for the future as well. I believe all that stuff is free with the retail version, so in a way, it's the gift that keeps on giving! I really hope you enjoy it. Don't know if your kiddos are gamers, but Shovel Knight might be something you could enjoy with them as well. I know I would have lost my shit if Shovel Knight came out when I was around the age of your boys.

Super disappointed with that Amazon print job. It was supposed to say "Hopefully you haven't STRUCK THE EARTH yet, and are ready to DIG IN. Merry Shovelmas!"

That's awesome! Good thing I picked up a 128gb thumb drive for the WiiU then to download all this dlc! I had already filled the included storage and almost a 16gb so I decided to go big.

The kids just finished Yoshi's Wooly World so this will be a great option for them. I got them Skylanders trap team for Christmas, but it hasn't been as popular so Shovel Knight might be the new hotness. It's so hard to guess what they'll enjoy. I guess it's the breadth of options these days compared to the NES and playing one or two games for months because that's all you had.

That's really awesome they are including free dlc instead of the standard season pass most games do!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    @Proxy the Elf are you still active? Your post history stops mid-November.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Proxy the Elf sent me a message like a day ago. It's cool.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

So Package #1, Codename STORM arrived! On the heels of an actual storm bringing an extremely unusual heavy snowfall and sub-zero Arctic chill to the Vancouver area. What have you done, Santa? I had to put on a toque to pick this up! With ear flaps!

FFo7kbOm.jpg

Ha ha, it's even a package from Blizzard. Santa really tempted the weather gods!

Mje29Cwm.jpg

Package is duly inspected and accepted with great love, even if it is a bit too small for sits.

FesPekEm.jpg

D'awww, it's an azure whelpling! Santa, your note indicated that you managed to pick the one major MMO I don't play, but actually, I played WoW for many years and definitely had this guy following my character around from time to time. He's adorbs!

5yf8zmsm.jpg

And Giles is very happy with his present as well! Huzzah for bags!

Thanks so much, Santa @Bursar! I look forward to the arrival of Package #2, codename CHILLSMITH with both jolly anticipation (prezzies!) and trepidation (what kind of weather will it summon?)!

Hooray, it reached you! The postal service for my Santee presents this year has been underwhelming, so I'm glad it got to you without being rained, snowed, sleeted, or otherwise soaked.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Good News Santa!

Turns out the package that I thought I never received was delivered to my apt office, only I never got any sort of notification or note at my door.

This week's been crazy, but I'll be able to grab it tomorrow morning and will of course post my pictures!

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Whisper to me those three special words:
    Out for delivery.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

PARCEL ARRIVED!!!! And boy is there a lot of stuff!!!
    Hmmm stuff rattling around.... God I hope it isn't broken D:
    w6jl1m4.jpg?1

Upon opening the parcel, this was the first thing that slid out! Now I get the Krampus mount message from earlier, terrifying indeed!
    9Ei4Xty.jpg

TERRYS CHOCCIES! I love these things and so does the wife! One has already been consumed. I've had to hide the other from her!
    s459Sox.jpg

Ooooh, an American staple; Salt water taffy! AND some delicious peppermint balls! I do like me some christmas balls!
    rkTmJGm.jpg

A puzzle! I haven't started this yet because I need to sleep soon for work but I promise to update with progress on this!
    w7bITlJ.jpg

And last but probably my most favourite from all this amazing loot is this fantastic collection! I've always been fascinated with the series as I read a lot about it online from Americans. However, it's never been a well known thing here in the UK, at least not locally. I can't wait toget stuck in to this!!
    vHFZiMc.jpg

There was a lovely note too but I don't share personal messages, that's for me :p

LAstly, the entire amazing haul!
    gy3DVED.jpg

I have a real name for my Santa but no forum name, REVEAL THYSELF OH GENEROUS ONE!

I don't mean to diss anyone's gift, but guys, you don't even know salt water taffy until you have Shriver's.
    2lbswtt.png

From the TRUE Jersey beach of Ocean City.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    The taffy and the puzzle are trademarks, so they're a total giveaway, but I won't spoil it and allow the Santa to reveal himself on his own terms.

All taffy is new to me so this is great! Seriously, probably the most culturally different Secret Santa gifting I've ever received! Literally, all of this is new to me :D

Tracking says delivered! I am in work! Aaaaaaah I want to be home now please!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

w6jl1m4.jpg?1

Upon opening the parcel, this was the first thing that slid out! Now I get the Krampus mount message from earlier, terrifying indeed!
    9Ei4Xty.jpg

TERRYS CHOCCIES! I love these things and so does the wife! One has already been consumed. I've had to hide the other from her!
    s459Sox.jpg

Ooooh, an American staple; Salt water taffy! AND some delicious peppermint balls! I do like me some christmas balls!
    rkTmJGm.jpg

A puzzle! I haven't started this yet because I need to sleep soon for work but I promise to update with progress on this!
    w7bITlJ.jpg

And last but probably my most favourite from all this amazing loot is this fantastic collection! I've always been fascinated with the series as I read a lot about it online from Americans. However, it's never been a well known thing here in the UK, at least not locally. I can't wait toget stuck in to this!!
    vHFZiMc.jpg

There was a lovely note too but I don't share personal messages, that's for me :p

gy3DVED.jpg

I have a real name for my Santa but no forum name, REVEAL THYSELF OH GENEROUS ONE!

It was me, Classy. It was me all along.
    You may recognize my avatar from the note.

Glad you liked what I stuffed in the box. And I hope that whatever they charged you to get it out of customs wasn't too onerous.

see317 wrote: »
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

w6jl1m4.jpg?1

9Ei4Xty.jpg

s459Sox.jpg

rkTmJGm.jpg

w7bITlJ.jpg

vHFZiMc.jpg

gy3DVED.jpg

Glad you liked what I stuffed in the box. And I hope that whatever they charged you to get it out of customs wasn't too onerous.

You freaking nailed it! And the customs thing was nothing! I got a taste of American cuisine amd culture here, can't put a price on that! :P

see317 wrote: »
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

w6jl1m4.jpg?1

9Ei4Xty.jpg

s459Sox.jpg

rkTmJGm.jpg

w7bITlJ.jpg

vHFZiMc.jpg

gy3DVED.jpg

Well there's a theory out of the window. I was pretty sure you were my Santa. You posted about your Santee's package clearing customs at like exactly the moment that my tracking updated to say the same.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Santee your package should be at my house today. Meaning I'll have it wrapped and ready to go on Monday.

edited December 2016
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

Tracking does not lie! A package is indeed waiting for me at home. A package from American Amazon? We do have a local Amazon here in the UK as well... but who am I to doubt Santa's ways?

A11AFF35-109C-4E74-A2B9-9B3C6962FE17_zpspwqymy4h.jpg

Upon opening the goodies pour forth. Two unwrapped super cute doggos are spotted and immediately claimed by the Little Miss Jams with much excited squealing. They have been named Lilly and Lucy.

5E434758-972A-4556-B30E-E1AF427DDD2E_zpsyz4mhnhh.jpg

C049D995-B6F3-4045-A19E-03E09015C8B3_zpsjcvnbewy.jpg

51B06A89-9A01-4DAE-BE1C-36712095F678_zpsmbrsfrxi.jpg

Hmm, we seem to be doing this out of order. That's what happens when kids get involved. Let's try and get this back on track.

2833321E-ABB1-44E8-BB17-9D452B88A403_zpsh1mnxruk.jpg

Whatever it is is sure heavy.

29D1F2A1-DBD4-44DB-AEFC-2FAA00E9ECCF_zpsh7feeipk.jpg

Ooh, I've heard of Saga. And this is a massive hardback collection as well. Very nice.

38357DB1-4C25-4010-BA6C-5A0C7152F0B1_zpshxp2cmrx.jpg

F27A57A1-3907-4ED4-BFA8-0D5B2D11424A_zpsnxe5ze4d.jpg

An awesome looking card game! Perfect for the Christmas gatherings.

81AF6B28-D81B-43D2-BC5C-680261DE6A21_zps17mmoqth.jpg

C87981EB-E06E-4AFD-B2BD-300D82605776_zpsksfarw3f.jpg

I've heard of this as well! A chunky looking fantasy Novel. Perfect for winter evening snuggling up. Looking forward to this.

An excellent haul! Thank you very much mystery Santa. Not many clues to go on but I'll have a wee go at reverse stalking before calling out for you to reveal yourself.

Looking back over the pictures I'm amused by how much domestic Christmas chaos is captured in the background.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Saga really is the best.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    A11AFF35-109C-4E74-A2B9-9B3C6962FE17_zpspwqymy4h.jpg

I spy with my little eye a nice collection of holiday Lego. Nice!

Saga really is the best.

Just finished chapter 1 and things are looking good for me agreeing with you there!
    I spy with my little eye a nice collection of holiday Lego. Nice!

We may have the full Winter Village collection, with the new Christmas train waiting under the tree. We probably won't have time and space to build them all this year but the kids love them and it makes for a nice calming activity on over excited Christmas season evenings, as well as family tradition in the making.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Yessss more inductees to the Rothfuss cult

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular

My Dad was telling me about that book last year, and then again a few weeks ago. I've put it on hold at our Library, but now I'm seeing mentions of it all over the place.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »

My Dad was telling me about that book last year, and then again a few weeks ago. I've put it on hold at our Library, but now I'm seeing mentions of it all over the place.

I saw Patrick's panel at PAX and bought the first book after making it back home and then promptly read through all of the books in the series I could get my hands on

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

I saw Patrick's panel at PAX and bought the first book after making it back home and then promptly read through all of the books in the series I could get my hands on

He's still working on the infamous book 3. It's not ASOIAF levels yet but it's very much on people's most wanted list.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Didn't they just announce that he's doing some TV series with the Hamilton guy?

So in terms of being too busy to write his book/do his job, now he has more things to do.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Didn't they just announce that he's doing some TV series with the Hamilton guy?

So in terms of being too busy to write his book/do his job, now he has more things to do.

Yeah - Lin Manuel Miranda (Hamilton guy) was tweeting about how his next goal is a film / TV thing of the Kingkiller Chronicles. :D

Much excite!

edited December 2016
    Maybe he could, you know, finish writing it first before starting a TV series so the TV series doesn't need to go off and start making things up as they run out of material.................

edit: Also, I finally figured out what to get for my santee. So for all of you who haven't already had santa revealed, be prepared.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    Sudden memory sparks. This is the book that spawned this strip?

1247464133_Q5635-2100x20000.jpg

Naughty.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    It is, yes.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I was already going to read it soon. Now I'm going to read it next.

camo_sig2.png
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Technically the second book spawned that strip.

• Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    @spookymuffin Proxy is never late, nor is he early, he posts precisely when he means to.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular

He's still working on the infamous book 3. It's not ASOIAF levels yet but it's very much on people's most wanted list.

Maybe not for the unwashed masses, but this series is WAY better than ASOIAF as far as I'm concerned. I refuse to get giddy about the next book, though. Robert Jordan already dis-abused me of that notion...

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    It's funny to note a distinct lack of The Expanse books show up, but I figure if you know Sci-Fi at all you've been reading them for a few years now, so it's certainly less of a "secret series." ;P

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    It's funny to note a distinct lack of The Expanse books show up, but I figure if you know Sci-Fi at all you've been reading them for a few years now, so it's certainly less of a "secret series." ;P

It's kind of a gamble to send books though. I mean, there's the chance your santee doesn't like to read (I don't know if we have anyone who still falls into the "Books are gay" camp, but...) or may not have time to sit down with a good book (let alone five or six good books).
    If you have a santee who says they do like to read in their signup, there's a chance they've already read it already. Especially if it's a well known series like The Expanse (which got a lot of fans when SyFy put out their series).

Generally, it's much safer (also easier to wrap, and cheaper to ship) to send a gift card to Amazon and a list of books you recommend.