As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Giant Bomb] Would you vape Hedgehog?

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i mean at most they'd make a few coy statements it wouldn't really affect it either way

liEt3nH.png
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    but if Doom is GOTY shouldn't it be red smoke?

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    white smoke is ten characters. top 10 is 10 games

follow the money

jCyyTSo.png
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    white smoke is ten characters. top 10 is 10 games

follow the money

You know what else is 10 characters?

MARIO MAKER

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Mario Maker 3DS GotY 2016

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Remember the Beastcast before Austin's move to Vice was officially announced, and they basically had to keep being cagey about it the entire episode?

It'll probably be like that.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Wait, did Austin ever finish his dissertation? Or was that someone else who emailed into the Beastcast who needed to get encouraged every week?

steam_sig.png

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I don't think Austin ever finished his dissertation. I feel like that went south sometime in the middle of his time at GB and it quietly disappeared.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    The new GB video player sure seems like a mess. my mouse doesn't work in it and it keeps breaking after 30-40s and making me refresh the page.

not a fan.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    IIRC, it's more for people on mobile.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I imagine they'll work the bugs out. Software is hard

Wish they'd let me use the old one until then, since I can't watch their videos until they fix it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    premium videos are out but technically you can still watch all the hot youtube takes!

liEt3nH.png
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Beastcast:
    Congrats to Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel *Joke*

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Wish they'd let me use the old one until then, since I can't watch their videos until they fix it.
    Are you able to download the video and then watch in VLC?

camo_sig2.png
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Danny O'Dwyer just put out the trailer for his Doom series for patrons

and holy shit guys

sounds like it'll be public in about an hour

Ceno on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Man, sucks to hear about Dan's crazy rent situation.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and it turns out Dan's landlord was John Drake all this time.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

What happened? I saw him on twitter asking if there were any real state lawyers, but I don't think I've heard him talk about it.

edited December 2016
    Dan decided to move before having (or not realizing he needed) concrete plans for getting out of his lease, so he's basically on the hook for $16,000 if he can't find a way out of it, or someone to rent it.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »

What happened? I saw him on twitter asking if there were any real state lawyers, but I don't think I've heard him talk about it.

He can't get out of his lease, he can't sublet, and he has been unsuccessful so far in finding someone to take over his lease. There's still 5 digits of rent money in the months left on his contract, but his plan is to move to New York this month.

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular

He can't get out of his lease, he can't sublet, and he has been unsuccessful so far in finding someone to take over his lease. There's still 5 digits of rent money in the months left on his contract, but his plan is to move to New York this month.

Which really, just highlights that as endearing as Dan's life perspective can be, there are real costs to not learning how to adult.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Regarding PSN download speeds, I had an issue with them for a bit, where my typical download speed while booted dropped from around 2-3 MB/s to a few KB. It still downloaded fine in sleep mode.
    The way I solved mine; Boot from off to safe mode by holding in the power button on the console until it beeps twice. While in safe mode, I checked for updates, and it found one that for some reason wasn't showing up otherwise. I downloaded and installed that, turned the system off and on again, and my download speed was back up.

No idea if this is the same issue other folks are having, but it's worth a shot.

Which really, just highlights that as endearing as Dan's life perspective can be, there are real costs to not learning how to adult.

What makes you think this won't all work itself out, in that Dan Ryckert-ian way we've all come to expect?

Like I bet Dan somehow finds a pot of gold in his new apartment.

steam_sig.png

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular

What makes you think this won't all work itself out, in that Dan Ryckert-ian way we've all come to expect?

And I bet Dan develops some sort of chronic disorder from his diet. Who knows, we could both be right!

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy

And I bet Dan develops some sort of chronic disorder from his diet. Who knows, we could both be right!

Dan is already pre diabetic.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Space Trucker is... wow. UPF delivers.

[edit] I'll never tire of watching Alex play drums. Man.

Glal on
    UPF:
    Jason with the spot on video producing

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Wow so far dead rising 4 is impressing me, bizzarely enough with its direction and writing of all things.

• VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    I don't think Austin ever finished his dissertation. I feel like that went south sometime in the middle of his time at GB and it quietly disappeared.

I imagine it's pretty tough to find the time to work on a dissertation while also being in charge of starting up and running a website. Hope he does get to finish it some time. I'd hate to see Professor Killah get in trouble for false advertisement.
    Prohass wrote: »
    Wow so far dead rising 4 is impressing me, bizzarely enough with its direction and writing of all things.

I was pretty bummed to hear all the stuff Brad had to say about it in the QL. Seemed like they had gotten rid of all the stuff I found interesting from the first game and made it way more generic to hit a larger audience. Except for the selfie stuff. That was pure gold.

steam_sig.png
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    He's not wrong with a lot of what he said, it just doesn't really bother me as much, I was actually one of the weirdos that only really got into the series with the third entry

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Zombie selfies were in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    have to download premium videos and watch them in VLC.

this fucking sucks.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    The best part about the selfies is that they managed to even fit them into interacting with NPCs in the dumbest (best) way possible

I have the most disagreement with the GB guys about Nidhogg 2. It looks horrible.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I think it looks fantastic, like an 80s satire cartoon come to life in glorious, horrifying detail. <3
    I wasn't sold on the still shots, just because of how different it is, but seeing it in motion it totally works for me.

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I hope they try another game of Fiasco this year
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-TpMUL_HT8

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    I hope they try another game of Fiasco this year
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-TpMUL_HT8

They teased it super hard on the last Beastcast Austin was on. I'm pretty sure it's happening.

This discussion has been closed.