As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Saturday, December 10, 2016 - Dawn

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2016 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Saturday, December 10, 2016 - Dawn

Dawn

Dawn

http://campcomic.com/comic/381

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Brian looks so happy with his fort. Why can't they just let him be? :(

Man, this going to get ugly, isn't it?

The tone is so fitting though.
    You know the silence before the storm? When everything gets real quiet, a strong wind comes through, you hear thunder and then rain starts pouring? That's the sensation I get.

Or in a Western, the brief bit before the shootout between the sheriff and the outlaw.

briguy on
  • Options
    kram1032kram1032 Registered User regular
    Yeah what ever follows won't be pretty.
    That was one of the sneakiest cats yet, I think. Almost missed it.

• Options
    poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    Maybe Brian might finally get control of the beast?

• Options
    WestIndianAgoutiWestIndianAgouti Registered User regular
    So I assume that he was building a fort in order to find a sense of solitude? Maybe a place where he can just be alone for a while and think about life....I admire that. Can't be easy dealing with a speech issue and bullies in a modern world that demands perfection and conformity. Being different can get you shunned from the inner circle of wider society, or even killed these days, man...Just look at Syrian refugee kids for Christ's sake. Those three fellas who want to do Brian harm are a bunch of little pricks. Targeting people based on a trait. Bastards. I hope their next field trip destination is Neverland Ranch.

• Options
    Kairos615Kairos615 Registered User regular
    Katie and Adam, you guys are playing my heart like some kind of bizarre instrument. I mean, all those valves, and the chambers, it must've been a tricky thing to learn. And the aorta, like, what do you even do with that?

• Options
    Jr. Mithrandir Jr. Mithrandir Registered User regular
    None of these Dracos have any great sense of self-preservation.

• Options
    None of these Dracos have any great sense of self-preservation.

Right?
    I know it's 3 on 1, but against Brian, it's like some guppies taking on a shark.
    Randall may have the limb length advantage, but look at him. If Brian gets a hold of him, he'll snap him like a twig.

• Options
    SkizzSkizz Registered User regular
    I am guessing the red eyes mean Brian sees the world through rose coloured glasses and everything is happy happy joy joy in Brian's head.

• Options
    UnwieldyUnwieldy Registered User regular
    I'm having flashbacks to the time that I got into a fight in 6th grade. I was as tall as the teacher and my parents had been warning them about this kid for 3 years. I told them that I could have done more to him. Didn't even get detention.

• Options
    cubbylostboycubbylostboy Registered User regular
    Maybe we're looking at this the wrong way. Maybe Brian still turns the other cheek in this confrontation and someone sees it from the house and decides he needs to go to camp because he doesn't pulverize the three.

Yeah, It might be a long shot, but Brian is awesome and deserves the benefit of the doubt for now methinks.

• Options
    Maybe we're looking at this the wrong way. Maybe Brian still turns the other cheek in this confrontation and someone sees it from the house and decides he needs to go to camp because he doesn't pulverize the three.

Yeah, It might be a long shot, but Brian is awesome and deserves the benefit of the doubt for now methinks.

That was one of the theories I had. I still think it's a long shot, but Brian refusing to fight and getting sent away because of it is such an excellent subversion of expectations. His uncontrollable anger being the result of being abandoned rather than the cause is interesting.

• Options
    WestIndianAgoutiWestIndianAgouti Registered User regular

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one, amigo. I think that all indications so far have built up to an expectedly violent crescendo, delivered by none other than our beloved gentle giant. I've always thought about the possibility that maybe, just maybe, things take a turn for the worse and he accidentally kills one of them in the process of a fit of rage, or maybe self defense or something of that nature....I now it's an extremely dark prospect to wrap our collective heads around, but there have always been elements of these stories that were never exactly "kid friendly"......Just a theory....

• Options
    Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    with the title I got this song right back in my head (Dawn of million souls). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_z4LTWvpOY

and for Brian; just "let it go"

• Options
    nosiwodanosiwoda Registered User regular
    HODOR.

• Options
    Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    Having been bullied since grammar school and in Junior and standard high school it escalated to broken bones, concussions, stab wounds. . . I honestly feel sorry for Brian for what I think he's going to unleash, I'm hoping against hope that there's some intervention now if not in the past than in the future, because when you stack the odds against your victim (3 on 1, tied up and holding a weapon) you deserve what you get. Brian doesn't. He deserves his peace.
    All sorts of torn up over this.

• Options
    Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    I get the feeling that Brian is going to unleash unholy hell on the three flashback kids, then get all the blame and get into loads of through, even though he was just defending himself.

Then, it'll cut back to now and stick boy, who SO deserves an absolute thrashing, will get off scott free, because Brian has grown since then and knows that violence doesn't solve anything.

• Options
    AbelhawkAbelhawk Registered User regular
    Red Eyes Mode activated.
    Uh oh.

• Options
    The GorchThe Gorch Registered User regular
    Keep your eyes on the real prize, Brian.

• Options
    Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    Brian knows he could kill these guys and the rest of the camp would never know it. So what is he going to do?

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    Red eyes at morning, campers take warning.

• Options
    Eric_WVGGEric_WVGG Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Has anyone else noticed that past-Brian’s nose goes down flat, then bumps, but present-Brian’s nose has two bumps?

I find it fascinating that there has been no parent-conflict in this arc. My bet is that he’s a runaway.

Eric_WVGG on
  • Options
    Eric_WVGG wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that past-Brian’s nose goes down flat, then bumps, but present-Brian’s nose has two bumps?

I find it fascinating that there has been no parent-conflict in this arc. My bet is that he’s a runaway.

Oh yeah. My personal speculation from the first flash back in this arc is that he's going to get punched in the past and it's going to break his nose.