As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. [MOVIES]

19495969798100»

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    They've consistently been outdoing Pixar for a few years now.

Inside Out tho

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    some of pixar's recent movies like brave and the good dinosaur kind of feel more in the style of the disney canon, while disney has made some pixar-feeling films like wreck it ralph and zootopia

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I saw Bolt last week on a whim and I was shocked at how good it was. Way better than it has any right to be.

Byron Howard is a good director, Bolt Tangled and Zootopia is a pretty alright resume.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    skinkbaaskinkbaa Registered User regular
    mosssnack wrote: »
    skinkbaa wrote: »
    I saw Misery for the first time and wow what a movie.

I was one the edge of my seat for the entire movie. Great performances by Caan and Bates.

Hell yeah. Misery was the first King book I ever read when I was like 14. Absolutely gripping. Though I do remember getting a little bored reading through the chapters of the book he was writing.

I picked up the book from a thrift store a few months ago but it was in pretty ratty condition. Do you recommend reading it?

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

I was one the edge of my seat for the entire movie. Great performances by Caan and Bates.

Hell yeah. Misery was the first King book I ever read when I was like 14. Absolutely gripping. Though I do remember getting a little bored reading through the chapters of the book he was writing.

I picked up the book from a thrift store a few months ago but it was in pretty ratty condition. Do you recommend reading it?

Misery is the creepiest Stephan King novel because it's all completely plausible.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    oh man I just found out Moana's dad was voiced by Jango Fett

I knew I recognized him

His singing voice played George Washington in Hamilton!

That was Christopher Jackson?

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular

Be warned that it's worse than the movie wrt the punishments Annie doles out.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Tangled was a ton of fun, and it has one of my favorite villain songs ever

Buuut it's also kinda safe, I like it more than I respect it

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Tangled had an uncomfortably real portrayal of an abusive parent relationship at least

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Shorty wrote: »
    oh man I just found out Moana's dad was voiced by Jango Fett

I knew I recognized him

His singing voice played George Washington in Hamilton!

That was Christopher Jackson?

yep

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    SPINE SPINE SPINE

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Fishman wrote: »
    SPINE SPINE SPINE

It is yours but it soon will be mine.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    There has to be some weird mental trick contained within Fred Claus, because now that it's been mentioned, I not only recall it, but recall that every 5-6 years I would see it on TV or something and get totally sucked into it, sing it's praises for a weekish, then promptly forget it's existence for no reason , like it just vanishes. and I'm old, so like at least 3-4 times this has happened!

I may have even seen it in theatres? Wtf this is like Berenstein bearsing me now.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Did Moana exist publcally when Zootopia was out

It was shown along with all the other disney parodies at one point

That it was being made was announced at least as far back as 2014, and we saw what the main characters looked like by October 2015.

Frozen I actually found kinda disappointing in retrospect. Moana was quite good, no substantive complaints over quality but no real impetus to go back and rewatch it either. Zootopia's still my movie of the year.

SabreMau on
This discussion has been closed.