As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The White Rabbit Project] You Know I Wouldn't Do Anything Weird To Myself

Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
edited December 2016 in Debate and/or Discourse
1481279865_white-rabbit-project.jpg

The White Rabbit Project is a new Mythbuster spin-off show that stars the Discovery's shows Build Team: Grant Imahara, Tory Belleci and Kari Byron. In the show, they explore topics such as superpowers, heists, crazy WWII weapons, and more. The show was released on December 9 on Netflix and has 10 episodes for the first season.

So... let's discuss it. What do we think of it? Love it, hate it? Will it scratch that inch in your brain that Mythbusters left behind?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohb5k3_vQcE

Grunt's Ghosts on

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    That thumbnail sold me, gonna watch immediately, thank you

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Loving it so far. They've definitely got kinks to work out but Godspeed you crazy kids.

It's not like Mythbusters was perfect when it started.

This show is at its best when the build team is fucking around together. They have great chemistry and when they have fun it's fun to watch.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I've only gotten into the first episode, but it seems like they were made out of order. When Tori is explaining the premise of the show, he says "Like always, we rate the six things..." which made me have to look to see what episode I had clicked.

I... I like the show, but it was 100% not what I was expecting. I had figured it was going to be crazy challenge build show, where they say something like "I want to be Electro from the comics!" then proceed to build something that can get them as close to that in real life. Grant building the Freezing Gun was what I was expecting, although I did like Kari fucking with Tori with the mind control device (and it bugging out because of the wine spilling on it.)

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    That is one HELL of a preview image.

• Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    I like it so far. Could use somebody to change the science into metric those. Perhaps a dry britisk Narrator?

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.