As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Giant Bomb] Would you vape Hedgehog?

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    I think it looks fantastic, like an 80s satire cartoon come to life in glorious, horrifying detail. <3
    I wasn't sold on the still shots, just because of how different it is, but seeing it in motion it totally works for me.

I didn't like the art style at all when I first saw the trailer for Nidhogg 2 a few months ago, but after seeing it for a while longer, I think I'm OK with it. We'll always have the original...which I wish I played more often.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I love how Vinny reacted to Dan daring him to do something in this mailbag

Dan nonsense getting shut down on the East coast is going to be good

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    The art style isn't great but I'll get over it, I have more problems with the animation looking like a mess, none of that snappy action that seems key to nidhogg.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Did Dan daring people to do stuff ever work

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Only Jason, but even then it was when he actually wanted to do it already, like drinking that bottle of bbq sauce.

Besides, Dan doesn't seem to be in the financial position where he can be making his trademark 5 dollar bets all willy nilly.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I love how Vinny reacted to Dan daring him to do something in this mailbag

Dan nonsense getting shut down on the East coast is going to be good

jeff's "good luck out there" comment while dan was playing with packing foam or whatever was perfect.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    So on UPF after Dan closed the game, he moved to steam to another game on the list but they wrapped up the show.

I spotted the name, this was the game that would have been played if they did not close the show.

Fighting game 2016?

https://youtu.be/abT2l9Zs4DY

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Did Dan daring people to do stuff ever work

Didn't he get Jason to drink like a bottle of hot sauce or something for $5?

edit: whoops beated

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Only Jason, but even then it was when he actually wanted to do it already, like drinking that bottle of bbq sauce.

Besides, Dan doesn't seem to be in the financial position where he can be making his trademark 5 dollar bets all willy nilly.

"Brad! I bet you five dollars you won't pay off my lease! Come on, 5 bucks!"

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    So on UPF after Dan closed the game, he moved to steam to another game on the list but they wrapped up the show.

I spotted the name, this was the game that would have been played if they did not close the show.

Fighting game 2016?

https://youtu.be/abT2l9Zs4DY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti0cl545FrU

"I don't have any questions, do you?"

All three simultaneously, "No."

"Versus?" "Versus."

uyvfOQy.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Was assembling my own personal GotY list and it was pretty easy (there's still some finangling about specific order, but I think everything is close to where it needs to be) except for No Man's Sky. I put like 80 hours into that game (podcast fodder ho!), so I can't say I dislike it, but it was profoundly repetitive and failed to live up to how the studio portrayed it... yet I don't feel like it's a middle of the road game either. I genuinely do not know where to stick this thing.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    If it's a top 10 list, the 10 spot?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    If it's a top 10 list, the 10 spot?

It's a ranking of all the new releases I played this year, from best to worst.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I can't really do my GOTY list until the year is actually over

I'm still doing side quests in FFXV (finished main story), I still have Shantae to play, and Super Mario Run comes out next week

Everything must be considered, though I have a pretty locked idea of what my #1 is

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I have a lot of trouble remembering what I played this year, much less what actually came out this year.

Darkest Dungeon doesn't help.

I keep a spreadsheet.

Because I'm a dork.

I already have one set up for 2017 with the games I'm interested in.

Because I'm a huge dork

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I keep a spreadsheet.

Because I'm a dork.

I already have one set up for 2017 with the games I'm interested in.

Because I'm a huge dork

Spreadsheet bros unite

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Man the Waypoint twitter account I guess that's Danika needs to stop just relinking random articles, 8 articles in the last 24 hours all from 2015 or before.

Just decided its better to unfollow it then have it clogging my timeline. But as a whole I feel like Waypoint just isn't for me I appreciate the long from writing but the topics never seem to interest me and man that sucks cause I wanna support Austin and Patrick.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    The awesome thing about Steam is I can just check my history and I'm set. Some things stand out:

1. Apparently I'm a dudebro. I played so much FIFA and COD this past year I'm a bit ashamed.
    2. FF14 is an awesome game and I've logged SO many hours. No regrets.

I also played a lot of retro games (GC, SNES and PS1 era) so it's tough for me to put a 2016 GOTY list. The only games I kinda want to play (but won't buy at full price) before the GOTY podcast are Firewatch, Uncharted 4 and....COD:IW.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Waypoint hasn't impressed me at all really. I want to like it because Austin is great, but I think in his current role he can't actually do the things I liked about him. I'm sure he's an excellent lead editor, but that's not going to bring me to content.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    I mean, waypoint is exactly like the rest of vice, for better or worse

(mostly worse)

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    These are the games I played this year
    • Lego Avengers
    • Arslan: The Warriors of Legend
    • Firewatch
    • Tom Clancy's The Division
    • Ratchet & Clank
    • Stranger of Sword City
    • Battleborn
    • Stellaris
    • Overwatch
    • Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book
    • Civilization VI
    • Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
    • Titanfall 2
    • Let It Die

The only ones I can say I was 100% happy with are and my order is
    1. Titanfall 2 (my GotY)
    2. Lego Avengers
    3. Overwatch
    4. Ratchet and Clank

There are some games I want to play Doom, Deus Ex, Watch Dogs, Gears 4 and FF15 but they have to wait till I can afford them.

bloodyroarxx on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Waypoint hasn't impressed me at all really. I want to like it because Austin is great, but I think in his current role he can't actually do the things I liked about him. I'm sure he's an excellent lead editor, but that's not going to bring me to content.

I don't love the layout, but Danielle and Patrick's articles are still great.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I feel like I will enjoy 20% of Waypoints articles and most of their live and audio stuff.

Which is decent when I think about it.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    I mean, waypoint is exactly like the rest of vice, for better or worse

(mostly worse)

All I can ever think of with Vice is the Onion's parody of them;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWVNDfDSE44

• KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Vice is that first-year liberal arts student who just discovered pot and social issues and cannot wait to tell the world about it.

Kreutz on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure what people were expecting from Waypoint, but there's a reason I was really unhappy Austin left GB.

• NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    I like Patrick and Austin on the podcast, but I've never been to the website

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Waypoint is a Good Site and I enjoy it

liEt3nH.png
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    the articles and structure look fine for whatever audience vice brings. and even with giant bomb all I ever do is watch videos and listen to podcasts, which I will probably do with waypoint too -edit- if I could ever figure out how to subscribe to them on my phone :T .

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I find Waypoint's website design to be annoying enough to make me not want to go back all by itself.

The content seems okay, especially the Austin stuff. Some of the other stuff is less so. But they've been doing some cool things, I just don't like going there to see them.

Austin should start doing Fast Glances or something.

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I occasionally read the articles on Waypoint that spark my interest, but I primarily just listen to the Podcast. Patrick I'm fine with but I really like Austin and Danielle.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I pretty much just like Austin but I don't hate the others. I check out the articles on Waypoint at least daily but it is probably like 1/5 that I actually click on to read.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I have read the Windjammers article

Because it was posted here

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »
    I occasionally read the articles on Waypoint that spark my interest, but I primarily just listen to the Podcast. Patrick I'm fine with but I really like Austin and Danielle.

Danielle is like the Drew of Waypoint. She plays some cool games and will tell you about then, but she's much more interesting when she gets into her other hobbies and jobs. I could listen to her talk about boxing or her EMT work for days because of her passion for them.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Austin is amazing and he should be producing fun content for giantbomb and not running a giant site that gives him less time to produce his awesome content :(

Patrick. meh. he can produce his content wherever.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Waypoint is an excellent reminder of why I run an adblocker

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    There is a lot of speculative talk happening right now over at NeoGAF that, since Jeff has confirmed they are looking for multiple hires, someone might be leaving and a lot of people are guessing Vinny. Which would essentially kill GB for me, if true.

Ceno on
    Ceno wrote: »
    There is a lot of speculative talk happening right now over at NeoGAF that, since Jeff has confirmed they are looking for multiple hires, someone might be leaving and a lot of people are guessing Vinny. Which would essentially kill GB for me, if true.

They need a full-time engineer for the east coast. Right now Vinny is both basically being the host as well as producer.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Brad is being fired because of his alcoholic cocaine habit

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.