As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Jon Su[chat]o

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I'm so close to restoring the Roman Empire but my Threat level hit 99% after taking Sicily and it has basically taken all of Mim's reign for it to cool down. Looks like Veehowl might be the first Augustus!

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Oh my god only one free stall but there's no lock

Oh god

Soon my butt will be forcing my hand

me and @DasUberEdward discussed this the other day

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Hah! I bought the book store apartments.

Feels good to have three cards and not to be depending on that kind widow. Also less awkward with my array dalliances.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Hah! I bought the book store apartments.

Feels good to have three cards and not to be depending on that kind widow. Also less awkward with my array dalliances.

I bought the apartment over the gambling house because I liked the sound of being right above all that money changing hands

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Guys, I'm finally reading the rulebook for Apocalypse World 2nd Edition.

One of the characters is called The Gunlugger. He has a couple moves that are interesting. One is called "Fuck This Shit". It's a move to basically get the hell out of dodge.

The other move is called "NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH" and really, does it matter what the rulebook says? I think this one explains itself.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Guys, I'm finally reading the rulebook for Apocalypse World 2nd Edition.

One of the characters is called The Gunlugger. He has a couple moves that are interesting. One is called "Fuck This Shit". It's a move to basically get the hell out of dodge.

The other move is called "NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH" and really, does it matter what the rulebook says? I think this one explains itself.

Apocalypse World is my favourite TRPG for a reason!

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    The other stall freed up so crisis 1 averted

But the second stall had a strand of pubic hair on the seat. The guy who was in here even nodded politely at me on his way out! Horrific

But I got rid of it and now am experiencing sweet release

This is why you only shit at home.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Orfon replace show us your Ahegao

can we not make this hentai [chat] please? I'd like to have one after this.

Fair enough? you up for hots tonight?

@bloodyroarxx Sure, at around 9-ish EST.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    My CK2 character in Simon's game is eerily accurate, particularly in the lechery, lunacy, and prolificacy departments.

vRyue2p.png
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    I think ChatFortress might need to be retired. At least until DFHack is fully up to date (there is an alpha for the current DF version).

Alas, it was not the goblin hordes but the slow insidious death by FPS. The population is back up to around 110 (and is capped) and FPS is in the 25-30 range. Which is just into the range of being annoying to play.

I've tried turning of temperature calculations and have looked around for some of the obvious possible causes but haven't found anything. Maybe DFHack will help.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    My Fallen London character is mostly running around trying to solve mysteries any way he can.

There haven't been a lot of mysteries lately.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I'm so close to restoring the Roman Empire but my Threat level hit 99% after taking Sicily and it has basically taken all of Mim's reign for it to cool down. Looks like Veehowl might be the first Augustus!

Yay Imperial Irredentism

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    shryke wrote: »

But the second stall had a strand of pubic hair on the seat. The guy who was in here even nodded politely at me on his way out! Horrific

This luxurious life without chronic stomach issues

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I think ChatFortress might need to be retired. At least until DFHack is fully up to date (there is an alpha for the current DF version).

Alas, it was not the goblin hordes but the slow insidious death by FPS. The population is back up to around 110 (and is capped) and FPS is in the 25-30 range. Which is just into the range of being annoying to play.

I've tried turning of temperature calculations and have looked around for some of the obvious possible causes but haven't found anything. Maybe DFHack will help.

Twas a glorious idea, brought low by the limitations of man.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    so there's a bunch of little things in Hollywood-produced TV and film from the 60's-onwards that sometimes strike people as sorta unrealistic and weird

like that weird dialtone that shows up when someone hangs up on someone else in a movie, even though phones don't actually work like that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUIiUXvnkUQ

well it turns out, phones actually did work like that at one time... in California

and there's actually a whole bunch of little things you might think of as dumb Hollywood things that turns out are just due to California writers being ignorant Californians just assuming that the rest of the world operates like California does

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    what are video previews that totally keep you from pressing play for 500, Alex

Bless your heart.
    another example of weird Californianism: Frog ribbits.

Frogs go ribbit, right? Well, they do in TV and film, at least.

They also do in real life!

...in California, anyway

Pony wrote: »

...in California, anyway

They do in washington state as well, at least during the summer, fucking things are loud too.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    so there's a bunch of little things in Hollywood-produced TV and film from the 60's-onwards that sometimes strike people as sorta unrealistic and weird

like that weird dialtone that shows up when someone hangs up on someone else in a movie, even though phones don't actually work like that?

well it turns out, phones actually did work like that at one time... in California

and there's actually a whole bunch of little things you might think of as dumb Hollywood things that turns out are just due to California writers being ignorant Californians just assuming that the rest of the world operates like California does

wait, analog phones don't usually report a dial tone after you hang up?

wait, frogs don't ribbit?

what?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    TTODewback wrote: »

wut

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

it's only because I happened to remember tom scott's videos have that particular font and THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW otherwise yeah I would not click

ftOqU21.png
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

I assume this is why car chases are so common in movies and nobody seems to care

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png

Yeah seriously that hair is just a war crime.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Frogs on the island go ribbit, @Pony .

Well, kind of.

Guess it's more like 'rrirrrrritttt'.

With Love and Courage
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    if that video preview turns you away you've got some ~prejudice~

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Yeah seriously that hair is just a war crime.

the "surfer in the front, Berkeley in the back" is a bold look

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    sometimes someone's hair is just too cool for people to handle

some of y'all are p judgey on haircuts

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Tried on my suit and it fits alright.

Was worried cause I gotta wear it this weekend and been stress eating recently

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    shutup and let me tell you about my homemade kombucha and how I soak my dreads in hemp oil and cat shit
    Also how vaccinations cause autism.

Bless your heart.
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »

This luxurious life without chronic stomach issues

My ass is better scheduled then a head of state.

Bad dye job, white boy dreads, and he looks like someone that has to legally tell you he moved in to the neighborhood.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    sometimes someone's hair is just too cool for people to handle

good thing this isn't one of those times

shutup and let me tell you about my homemade kombucha and how I soak my dreads in hemp oil and cat shit
    Also how vaccinations cause autism.

wow dude

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Everyone should watch this its from No Clip which is Danny O'Dwyer previously of gamespots new venture

Its part 1/3 of a documentary on Doom 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS6SBnccxMA

some of y'all are p judgey on haircuts

Guilty. Like if that guy showed up as my dentist for the day I'd nope out of there so fast.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

...in California, anyway

They do in Colorado and parts of the West in the US.

The cicadas in summer thing is a US thing as well.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I'm now listening to archives of frog noises and my mind is fucking blown

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
This discussion has been closed.