As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Jon Su[chat]o

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I can shit on that hair. I wore a ponytail in my mid 20s

If I can save one person from making the mistakes I did,

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    sometimes someone's hair is just too cool for people to handle

Mike_Score_FOSG.jpg

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Bad dye job, white boy dreads, and he looks like someone that has to legally tell you he moved in to the neighborhood.

she is an engineer and helps run the seattle museum of communications but y'know keep go ahead and misgendering her because you didn't watch the video because you saw her hair and you had a fuckin' stroke

that's super cool

• The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    some of y'all are p judgey on haircuts

Guilty. Like if that guy showed up as my dentist for the day I'd nope out of there so fast.

AHEM

Preacher what the fuck man!?

With Love and Courage
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Guys, I'm finally reading the rulebook for Apocalypse World 2nd Edition.

One of the characters is called The Gunlugger. He has a couple moves that are interesting. One is called "Fuck This Shit". It's a move to basically get the hell out of dodge.

The other move is called "NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH" and really, does it matter what the rulebook says? I think this one explains itself.

Apocalypse World is my favourite TRPG for a reason!

I've never run a game before, but my regular DM has been DMing a LOT lately, so I said I'd like to try running Apocalypse World 2nd (We both backed it) to give him a break, so I'm going to be trying my hand at MCing for the first time probably next week.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Bad dye job, white boy dreads, and he looks like someone that has to legally tell you he moved in to the neighborhood.

Her name is Sarah.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well I said I didn't watch the video clearly.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Seriously though the frogs that lived in the river right by my house growing up made the classic Hollywood ribbit sound

Now I'm discovering a whole new world of frog noises

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.

that's not really an excuse to misgender someone and be judgemental, dude?

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I'm now listening to archives of frog noises and my mind is fucking blown

you mean they don't all just say bud, wei and ser?

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I've seen stuff like this before but I thought that this was more of an outlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBkWhkAZ9ds

No, not exactly an outlier, frogs are just fuckin' weird

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

edited December 2016
    Preacher was warned for this.

that's not really an excuse to misgender someone and be judgemental, dude?

She looked like a man. I'm sorry from the screen cap I got it wrong I didn't know it was a woman, but that hair is awful that I'm not sorry about, it looks terrible.

Tube on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Tav wrote: »

mud

kip

Lithobates clamitans clamitans you're drunk, go home

With Love and Courage
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

mud

kip

Heard u liek

like i explained what the video was about, i prefaced the subject matter and told you why it was watchable and why you maybe should listen to what this person has to say

if you noped the fuck out based on the preview image and then proceeded to then shit on the woman in the preview image because you couldn't trust my judgment or recommendation to actually watch the video and instead trusted your own prejudice

that is 100% your fault

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    loiter with me u damnable reprobates @Havelock2.0 @Podly

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    *slowly backs away from the hole Preacher is digging*
    I never agreed with a word this man said.

Bless your heart.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I've seen stuff like this before but I thought that this was more of an outlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBkWhkAZ9ds

No, not exactly an outlier, frogs are just fuckin' weird

That tiny balloon has a leak somewhere.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »

Yeah, are they sure they didn't just happen to record a member of that species who was only just learning to croak? Because that's pretty much what it sounds like.

vRyue2p.png
    A Geocities-esque website identifies this as the call of the Southern Leopard Frog, which I guess is common in the US southeast:

http://allaboutfrogs.org/files/sounds/sleaprd.wav

If I heard this sound while walking around in nature I was probably just like 'Well, that's a weird bird"

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    does that frog die when it finishes deflating?
    or does it just take a really big gulp of air

Bless your heart.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    if that video preview turns you away you've got some ~prejudice~

prejudice was invented for choosing youtube videos

ftOqU21.png
    like i explained what the video was about, i prefaced the subject matter and told you why it was watchable and why you maybe should listen to what this person has to say

if you noped the fuck out based on the preview image and then proceeded to then shit on the woman in the preview image because you couldn't trust my judgment or recommendation to actually watch the video and instead trusted your own prejudice

that is 100% your fault

Ok jesus pony I didn't want to watch it because I could give a fuck, but that hair is awful.

I mean 90% of videos posted in chat I don't watch for various fucks I don't give. Like anything @arch posts I immediately disregard.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    some of y'all are p judgey on haircuts

it's a youtube video. The treshold is really really low.

ftOqU21.png
    The Ender wrote: »

Yeah, are they sure they didn't just happen to record a member of that species who was only just learning to croak? Because that's pretty much what it sounds like.

its like it is trying to make farty noises with its mouth but just can't quite get there

With Love and Courage
    frogs are too dang loud around here. summer night near a swamp and and you can barely hear yourself think.

Bless your heart.
    edited December 2016
    anywho I just wanted to share neat film trivia with chat but now I'm gonna go do something else. Seeya guys.

Pony on

that is 100% your fault

Ok jesus pony I didn't want to watch it because I could give a fuck, but that hair is awful.

I mean 90% of videos posted in chat I don't watch for various fucks I don't give. Like anything @arch posts I immediately disregard.

whatever dude

i'm done with you on this

and kinda in general

Good, if you get this worked up over a youtube then maybe don't read my posts.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Here, have a good song in which hippie dreads are a topic of discussion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQVNQVvyDWg

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Hrm.

I bet the make-up sex is fantastic.

anywho I just wanted to share neat film trivia with chat but now I'm gonna go do something else. Seeya guys.

well fwiw now i'm having a minor existential crisis over fucking frogs so your efforts were not entirely wasted

TTODewback wrote: »
    frogs are too dang loud around here. summer night near a swamp and and you can barely hear yourself think.

It can be, like near a pond in the spring summer areas its almost mentally deafening. Its weird because the sound doesn't feel that loud, but like you can't focus on thinking.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Hrm.

I dunno wouldn't the make up get everywhere

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    milski was warned for this.

This sad retract-edit.

As soon as you aren't getting immediate backup you drop the facade of being righteous.

Tube on
    I ate an engineer
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Hrm.

:winky:

It was neat

but you are getting way too worked up about some people seeing it and thinking "that doesn't look like something I'd enjoy" and not clicking it

ftOqU21.png
    Hrm.

like a rainbow party

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I'm pretty certain my phone everywhere I've lived (notably never in Cali) had movie-style dial tones when people hung up and also I've always heard frogs that sound like the movies in every state I've lived in

I mean I didn't watch the video but also I guess TIL they don't have frogs or phones in canada

I would pay good money to sit in a swamp and watch another camper just lose it and scream SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP! at his surroundings

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.