As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Jon Su[chat]o

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    As someone with pink hair (except now it's not really pink hair because the pink has faded and my hair has grown out and so now it's like half strawberry blonde half black hair) I am maybe a little bit sensitive to 'hahahaha that hair is so WEIRD let's point and sneer'.

I mean I'll admit the fact that the hair was part dreads part not made me scratch my head a bit. Was that a conscious style choice, or are dreads just hard to maintain? I dunno anything about dreads really.

Regardless tho I gave her hair a little mental thumbs up when I saw it

This has been another exciting edition of wandering talks about hair thank you

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Fun fact bugs aren't real I've been lying the whole time

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    The Ender wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Oh also it's one thing to be like "I'm not gonna watch that video" but y'all didn't have to get weirdly hateful about it

Is bad hair like super hateful? I thought white people with dreads was also racially insensitive, like cultural appropriation?

Preacher, just fucking stop man.

You mis-read someone who was doing their best to pass and now you're basically doubling down after declaring, 'LOL NOPE THEY SURE DIDN'T PASS!'

It's really gross! Maybe you could just apologize and drop it instead?

He really didn't do this, at all. He apologized for not noticing they passed... which has very little to do with whether or not he thinks their hair looks bad.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Tav wrote: »
    Y'know what is fked up tho

Washington state has fireflies, like the east coast

But they don't light up at all wtf

I don't think AZ has any either

My flicker buddies qq

THEN THEY'RE JUST FLIES

No actually they are beetles

SCIENCE IS BULLSHIT
    I think the only other occupation in which you can be so scientifically pedantic about terminology other than entomologist is being a botanist.

In other words, you chose well, @Arch. You get to lord over everyone else with pedantic terminology, like a God-Bug-King among Men.

The Royal Motto: "Well, actually..."

EDIT: In case this isn't clear, I think this is the BEST THING EVER.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    shutup and let me tell you about my homemade kombucha and how I soak my dreads in hemp oil and cat shit
    Also how vaccinations cause autism.

wow dude
    The vaccine-autism thing is so last year. Apparently, it's all "GMOs are bad, rawr" lately.

Anti-vaxx and anti-GMO are just two of many crusades that right wing anti-science nutjobs are constantly pushing.

That's both sides (are bad vote republican) that push them. Anti gmo is more left wing than right though, I've never heard right wing being anti gmo.

Anti-vax and anti-GMO sentiment are pretty evenly distributed across the political spectrum.

Example: http://www.realclearscience.com/journal_club/2015/07/01/where_conservatives__liberals_stand_on_science.html

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm lost? Pass? Like I'm the whitest white guy who lives in a suburb and pays for cable.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Ahem.

ID GET A THOUSAND HUGS
    FROM TEN THOUSAND LIGHTNING BUGS
    AS THEY TRIED TO TEACH ME HOW TO DANCE

steam_sig.png
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    As someone with pink hair (except now it's not really pink hair because the pink has faded and my hair has grown out and so now it's like half strawberry blonde half black hair) I am maybe a little bit sensitive to 'hahahaha that hair is so WEIRD let's point and sneer'.

I mean I'll admit the fact that the hair was part dreads part not made me scratch my head a bit. Was that a conscious style choice, or are dreads just hard to maintain? I dunno anything about dreads really.

When I see a lady with an unusual hair color I always want to tell them it looks cool and also rad. But I don't want to be creepy so I don't.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    A yell issues forth from my kitchen:

"COME ON, MOLASSES!"

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    that hair made me think of crust punks

crust punks are the worst

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

When I see a lady with an unusual hair color I always want to tell them it looks cool and also rad. But I don't want to be creepy so I don't.

I usually just say "Nice purple!" or "Nice pink!" and leave it at that.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    TFW you get to close 10,000 tabs of documentation, stackoverflow answers, and increasingly desperate google searches related to some problem you were trying to solve

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular

Is that people who make really bad pies? Because I'll be honest, a good crust is hard.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    shutup and let me tell you about my homemade kombucha and how I soak my dreads in hemp oil and cat shit
    Also how vaccinations cause autism.

wow dude
    The vaccine-autism thing is so last year. Apparently, it's all "GMOs are bad, rawr" lately.

Anti-vaxx and anti-GMO are just two of many crusades that right wing anti-science nutjobs are constantly pushing.

That's both sides (are bad vote republican) that push them. Anti gmo is more left wing than right though, I've never heard right wing being anti gmo.

Anti-vax and anti-GMO sentiment are pretty evenly distributed across the political spectrum.

Example: http://www.realclearscience.com/journal_club/2015/07/01/where_conservatives__liberals_stand_on_science.html

This is exactly why I phrased it the way I did. :P

vRyue2p.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

the respectul way is to shout YO! TECHNICOLOR LADY! HEY! HEEEEEY!

ftOqU21.png
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    i bought it because i must buy things to give my life meaning
    it reminds me of mount and blade in a "it's interesting but then i got bored"
    i feel like the contract system needs to be tweaked so you get more interesting contracts and feel like you have more going on than slowly grinding up money by bouncing around doing contracts

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I'm no expert. I'm pretty bad a social cues and norms. But I think this is... wrong?

TEN MILLION FIREFLIES LIT UP THE WORLD WHILE I FELL ASLEEP

CAUSE THEY FILL THE OPEN AIR
    AND LEAVE TEARDROPS EVERYWHERE

steam_sig.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    On the one hand I just had to open a carecredit and put almost a grand on it.

On the other hand they used a laser in my mouth and I can pay it off interest free over 24 months.

So not quite as bad as I expected. Still hurts though. Literally, as my mouth is all swollen and sore now.

Was someone talking about Magicians? I reaaaaaally want to see season 2.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

I'm no expert. I'm pretty bad a social cues and norms. But I think this is... wrong?

no no trust me

ftOqU21.png

you'd think me DUE but I'd just stop and stare

Is that people who make really bad pies? Because I'll be honest, a good crust is hard.

scene.jpg

• The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Oh also it's one thing to be like "I'm not gonna watch that video" but y'all didn't have to get weirdly hateful about it

have you tried posting any video on these forums? Someone will always comment how the preview image or person looks stupid.

context kind of matters
    I can shit on that hair. I wore a ponytail in my mid 20s

like, ha ha, I bet you had body dysphoria when you were in your 20s too, right?

someone posting a video with a trans person in the preview window and then a significant chunk of [chat] proving eager call them ugly is kind of depressing to me

With Love and Courage
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I feel like there's this odd desire in games to get the "punitive" nature of old school games that never quite works right. It seems like a combination of substituting artificial difficulty (your numbers suck, the enemy numbers don't,) with harsh consequences that just doesn't mesh well for me compared to older games. Or maybe it's that punitive difficulty felt much more rewarding when I was playing a very limited number of games and now that I can play plenty of games, picking up games where I won't enter an hours-long failure state is a better option than gitting gud at something where you can lose, but still have hours before you hit a game over.

I ate an engineer
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    anywho I just wanted to share neat film trivia with chat but now I'm gonna go do something else. Seeya guys.

well fwiw now i'm having a minor existential crisis over fucking frogs so your efforts were not entirely wasted

A lot of kinksters will tell you that animals can't consent to fucking

a lot of those kinksters wear leather

almost all of them get real mad when you present these two facts adjacently

Wait the people who did Fireflies are the people who did Good Time with Carly Rae Jepsen?

I wouldn't have called that one.

I ate an engineer
    someone posting a video with a trans person in the preview window and then a significant chunk of [chat] proving eager call them ugly is kind of depressing to me

I'm 99% sure that neither Preacher nor TTODewback recognized that person as trans, and their entire reaction was due to the white kid dreads.

Thanks I was worried I was going to have to quote the whole song.

And gosh does it not make sense.

steam_sig.png
    edited December 2016
    milski wrote: »

Wait the people who did Fireflies are the people who did Good Time with Carly Rae Jepsen?

I wouldn't have called that one.

Person, but yes.

YamiNoSenshi on

have you tried posting any video on these forums? Someone will always comment how the preview image or person looks stupid.

context kind of matters

I mean... you can quite clearly tell that most of the people who commented on their appearance didn't realize they were trans, right? You seem more interesting in bashing them than even trying to provide an explanation, and when Preacher apologized you just decided to shit on him more.

I ate an engineer
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

Thanks I was worried I was going to have to quote the whole song.

And gosh does it not make sense.

I was kind of hoping you would.

vRyue2p.png
  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    What did I miss

Oh

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    I'm lost? Pass? Like I'm the whitest white guy who lives in a suburb and pays for cable.

'pass' as in 'trying to pass for their gender'

With Love and Courage

context kind of matters

this isn't what happened at all and you're being disingenuous by claiming it is

someone didn't recognise the person as trans, and apologised after misgendering them

a bunch of people saw some hair they thought looked dumb and passed comment on it like they would if it wasn't a trans person in the video

no one called that person ugly

What did I miss

Oh

FROGS

HOW DO THEY WORK

What did I miss

Oh

Look over here. We're discussing rad hair colors and bad yet catchy synth pop.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

Querry wants me to dye my hair like neon orange

Much like the noble peacock, I must be colorful to attract mates

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    *farts*

This discussion has been closed.