As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Jon Su[chat]o

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    As someone with pink hair (except now it's not really pink hair because the pink has faded and my hair has grown out and so now it's like half strawberry blonde half black hair) I am maybe a little bit sensitive to 'hahahaha that hair is so WEIRD let's point and sneer'.

I mean I'll admit the fact that the hair was part dreads part not made me scratch my head a bit. Was that a conscious style choice, or are dreads just hard to maintain? I dunno anything about dreads really.

Regardless tho I gave her hair a little mental thumbs up when I saw it

This has been another exciting edition of wandering talks about hair thank you

When I see a lady with an unusual hair color I always want to tell them it looks cool and also rad. But I don't want to be creepy so I don't.

Querry wants me to dye my hair like neon orange

Much like the noble peacock, I must be colorful to attract mates

If you do, I will tell you it looks cool and rad.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Feral wrote: »
    What did I miss

Oh

FROGS

HOW DO THEY WORK

It's quite simple actually, when a mother frog and a father frog love each other very much, they do some weird wrestling shit called "amplexus" and <CENSORED>

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    As someone with pink hair (except now it's not really pink hair because the pink has faded and my hair has grown out and so now it's like half strawberry blonde half black hair) I am maybe a little bit sensitive to 'hahahaha that hair is so WEIRD let's point and sneer'.

I mean I'll admit the fact that the hair was part dreads part not made me scratch my head a bit. Was that a conscious style choice, or are dreads just hard to maintain? I dunno anything about dreads really.

When I see a lady with an unusual hair color I always want to tell them it looks cool and also rad. But I don't want to be creepy so I don't.

If this is the case, I wonder what her motivation is...

vRyue2p.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    My cat has come between me and the laptop. This makes typing difficult.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I like weird hair colors. They're cool. Especially when you get a good subtle blue green seafoam thing going on.

Dreads on white people generally I find to be off putting.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

I probably won't, since I'd have to bleach it

But I'd like to do weird colors, can get away with it (#gradstudentexpectations) and like what's the worst that could happen, I already have a girlfriend. Plus all dying hair does is make me look gayer, so.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    What did I miss

Oh

FROGS

HOW DO THEY WORK

they levitate in a sufficiently strong magnetic field, that's how

aRkpc.gif
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    A FOXTROT ABOVE MY HEAD
    A SOCK HOP BENEATH MY BED
    A DISCO BALL IS JUST HANGING BY A THREAD

steam_sig.png

See if she can become so sexually attracted to me that the fucking never stops, duh

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Considering the limited perspective of the people taking time to comment on how they weren't watching the video, the response was banal and uncharitable and speaks to a sad habit of reflexively limiting one's exposure to new ideas and perspectives, but I don't think it was transphobic or even gendered per se.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i am always jealous of people with ridiculous hair colours because i am a cog in the machine and can't express myself in any way

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    anywho I just wanted to share neat film trivia with chat but now I'm gonna go do something else. Seeya guys.

well fwiw now i'm having a minor existential crisis over fucking frogs so your efforts were not entirely wasted

A lot of kinksters will tell you that animals can't consent to fucking

a lot of those kinksters wear leather

almost all of them get real mad when you present these two facts adjacently

I mean

either you're trying to interrupt my boner or you're defending why you're balls deep in a pig and either way I'll be miffed

ftOqU21.png
    Ok time to... learn neural nets or bugs or catch bugs in neural nets or something

Be good to each other?

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

See if she can become so sexually attracted to me that the fucking never stops, duh

...carry on then

vRyue2p.png
    I could never dye my hair a fun color because of my job. And @wafflesmagee would probably beat me up.

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I like weird hair colors. They're cool. Especially when you get a good subtle blue green seafoam thing going on.

Dreads on white people generally I find to be off putting.

A friend made a really thoughtful post about white people dreads that basically boiled down to 'are they playing Rasta? if y, Problematic. if n, is probs alright'

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016

But I'd like to do weird colors, can get away with it (#gradstudentexpectations) and like what's the worst that could happen, I already have a girlfriend. Plus all dying hair does is make me look gayer, so.

Once my wife got out of a client-facing role, she dyed it a very deep red. It's kinda faded into a very dark brown, but in the sunlight it still look fantastic.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited December 2016

Do it now before you are a government contractor who goes to meetings with stuffy people!

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
    All I know is like. Acontender for best sexings I ever made was with a person with white person dreads. I think I may have even been sober. So they can't all be bad right?

steam_sig.png
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    That desert rain frog Feral posted earlier represents my husband--when he is sad, we are like "oh no, you are beeping like that frog".

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    seize the cat in a bear hug, feral. this is a gesture of affection it will surely appreciate

aRkpc.gif
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    even casual friday is a struggle because like 95% of my tshirts are either punk or metal related

and i'll be fucking damned if i'm ever buying a polo i'll tell you hwat

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    purple hair is awesome

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I'm lost? Pass? Like I'm the whitest white guy who lives in a suburb and pays for cable.

'pass' as in 'trying to pass for their gender'

I don't mean to drag this out but I'm kind of curious. I'm not sure I understand this use of "passing" in the context of the video. It was (what I would guess to be) a girl that preach identified as a guy based on mild androgyny (though it's p clear when you see the video imo). That seems like garden variety mixing people up, like I do every few weeks or so when I catch a glimpse of a fey gal that reminds me of Linku. Is there something else I'm missing?

The real tragedy of today is that Everytime I went outside it smelled like I just shoved my head into a bale of hay leftover from a petting zoo floor because the slaughterhouse in greeley was apparently burning off some blood today and we were downwind.

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    A FOXTROT ABOVE MY HEAD

I love you but also I hate you

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    a dude with white guy dreads and a twirly mustache once fucked my ex at a nachspiel we were all at

he's a super nice dude though

ftOqU21.png
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    the real tragedy is that you didn't have hot chocolate, sniperguy

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    What did I miss

Oh

FROGS

HOW DO THEY WORK

they levitate in a sufficiently strong magnetic field, that's how

MAGNETS

HOW DO THEY WORK

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I was just trying to dish on California via hairstyle choices

I apologize for being insensitive (about qualities other than being Californian)

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    ronya wrote: »
    seize the cat in a bear hug, feral. this is a gesture of affection it will surely appreciate

he's actually the cuddliest of our cats so he does like to be held for short periods of time

• YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
    Look just kiss and make out already.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    bright hair colors, tattoos, piercings etc are interesting to me because i know if someone has those things there is another depth of possible attraction. they are alluring. and while someone doesn't modify their body to be an object for your romanticizing or lust, lots of people seem to know/be comfortable with the idea that they are a constituent part of a certain aesthetic people find attractive.

the fact that i find someone attractive who i otherwise wouldn't if they have cyan hair or if they have a small tattoo on their collarbone makes me feel like an especially dumb ape.

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    hey chat. I had to ... commute ... today.

yuck!

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    tyrannus wrote: »
    the real tragedy is that you didn't have hot chocolate, sniperguy

I mean that could still happen but what

I actually kind of like Fireflies

but only because it reminds me of a low-rent Postal Service

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    also can I please just say bay area traffic is toxic hell everyone should go somewhere else

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    MrMister wrote: »
    A FOXTROT ABOVE MY HEAD

I love you but also I hate you

I'm done I promise. I am certain it is in other heads now.

steam_sig.png
    with worse lyrics

but the beeps and boops are alright

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    well i just made a shitload of hummus

should last a few days

Allegedly a voice of reason.
This discussion has been closed.