As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Jon Su[chat]o

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I'm going to the lights at the zoo

Tragically I'm assuming zero fireflies due both to season but also potentially geography, as outlined previously

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    hey chat. I had to ... commute ... today.

yuck!
    In the Bay Area, no less. :bro:

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    well i just made a shitload of hummus

should last a few days

i'm gonna dip my balls in it!

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    the real tragedy is that you didn't have hot chocolate, sniperguy

I mean that could still happen but what

get it done

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

should last a few days

i'm gonna dip my balls in it!

it's good and creamy

perfect for balls

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

should last a few days

*steeples fingers, leans over desk*

tell me

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    also i have this giant box of assorted godiva chocolates from a vendor at work and like

this is not going to end well

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    bright hair colors, tattoos, piercings etc are interesting to me because i know if someone has those things there is another depth of possible attraction. they are alluring. and while someone doesn't modify their body to be an object for your romanticizing or lust, lots of people seem to know/be comfortable with the idea that they are a constituent part of a certain aesthetic people find attractive.

the fact that i find someone attractive who i otherwise wouldn't if they have cyan hair or if they have a small tattoo on their collarbone makes me feel like an especially dumb ape.

Wouldn't that make you a particularly smart ape because you're adding an additional layer to your perception of what is attractive.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i watched this trevor noah daily show interview with tomi lahren
    maybe... maybe i should give trevor noah's daily show a chance. . .

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    People can make hummus? It doesn't just come in a disappointingly sized container from whole foods?

• Options
    maybe i'll just watch the interviews

• Options
    P10 wrote: »

I'm a millennial so we don't believe in labels.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    hey chat. I had to ... commute ... today.

yuck!
    In the Bay Area, no less. :bro:

I haven't been down 101 in rush hour for a while. man that was a new fresh hell!

(then I drove back an hour later and worked from home don't feel too bad for me)

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I did get a cold stone gift card from a student today, that was very nice and unexpected. I don't actually know where there is a cold stone and finding one might be dangerous to my health in the long run.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    People can make hummus? It doesn't just come in a disappointingly sized container from whole foods?

iknowright?

wizardry

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    also i have this giant box of assorted godiva chocolates from a vendor at work and like

What is the potential interaction between these chocolates and ferals balls

• Options

he's not so bad

she is particularly stupid though

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    yes arch

people who are obsessive tend to make their own hummus

• Options

exothermic

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I saw the postal service live a few years ago

People in the audience were losing their shit like it was the band they grew up with and i didn't get it?

Like they were fine but I didn't realise they had such an intense following

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    I feel like there's this odd desire in games to get the "punitive" nature of old school games that never quite works right. It seems like a combination of substituting artificial difficulty (your numbers suck, the enemy numbers don't,) with harsh consequences that just doesn't mesh well for me compared to older games. Or maybe it's that punitive difficulty felt much more rewarding when I was playing a very limited number of games and now that I can play plenty of games, picking up games where I won't enter an hours-long failure state is a better option than gitting gud at something where you can lose, but still have hours before you hit a game over.

E t r i a n O d y s s e y B o i s

• Options

well i could go for like stacking maybe

• Options
    the thing about hummus is

i could make it before you get back from whole foods

• Options

iknowright?

wizardry

It's gotta be wizards because it's like

That container is big looking how were there only like five carrots worth of hummus in there

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    MrMister wrote: »
    The Ender wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I'm lost? Pass? Like I'm the whitest white guy who lives in a suburb and pays for cable.

'pass' as in 'trying to pass for their gender'

I don't mean to drag this out but I'm kind of curious. I'm not sure I understand this use of "passing" in the context of the video. It was (what I would guess to be) a girl that preach identified as a guy based on mild androgyny (though it's p clear when you see the video imo). That seems like garden variety mixing people up, like I do every few weeks or so when I catch a glimpse of a fey gal that reminds me of Linku. Is there something else I'm missing?

Well, here is what the apology looks like:
    Preacher wrote:
    She looked like a man. I'm sorry from the screen cap I got it wrong I didn't know it was a woman, but that hair is awful that I'm not sorry about, it looks terrible.

Wow what an apology! Doubling down on the person not passing for their gender & doubling down on how he thinks the hair is awful.

The remorse is truly soaked in sincerity.

EDIT: Like, there is not even a component of this apology where one owns up to a mistake. Responsibility is instead projected onto the screencap.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    hey is the north east a frozen wasteland? I need to pack properly.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    bright hair colors, tattoos, piercings etc are interesting to me because i know if someone has those things there is another depth of possible attraction. they are alluring. and while someone doesn't modify their body to be an object for your romanticizing or lust, lots of people seem to know/be comfortable with the idea that they are a constituent part of a certain aesthetic people find attractive.

the fact that i find someone attractive who i otherwise wouldn't if they have cyan hair or if they have a small tattoo on their collarbone makes me feel like an especially dumb ape.

Wouldn't that make you a particularly smart ape because you're adding an additional layer to your perception of what is attractive.

idk.

i think back to being 12 years old and seeing girls with black nail polish and being like O.O does that mean she touches penis O.O

that part of my brain sees dark nail polish and pink hair and tattoos and tongue rings and projects a layer of whatever

brains are complicated

• Options
    the thing about hummus is

i could make it before you get back from whole foods

first you boil the water

then you put in the noodles

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    I actually kind of like Fireflies

but only because it reminds me of a low-rent Postal Service

It is that so hard

the beeps and boops are aight but then the words and then my split reaction causes intense inner conflict

• Options

should last a few days

tell me

nothing fancy

chickpeas, tahini, lemon, garlic, paprika, olive oil, s&p

• Options
    specifically hot paprika

which just tastes like paprika

• Options

i contain multitudes

• Options

should last a few days

tell me

nothing fancy

...Standard & Poor?

how expensive is this hummus!?

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

People in the audience were losing their shit like it was the band they grew up with and i didn't get it?

i think part of it was there being just that one iconic album

you could find other solo (or occasional duo collab) tracks from ben gibbard separate from death cab, but that specific electronic composition was really only specifically found on give up

so it got a bit of a cult following

• Options

Postal service peeled back my lil teen brain and taught me how to really feel sad about love so I could make some particularly poignant xanga posts.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

should last a few days

tell me

nothing fancy

...Standard & Poor?

how expensive is this hummus!?

feral if you have to ask

• Options

you could find other solo (or occasional duo collab) tracks from ben gibbard separate from death cab, but that specific electronic composition was really only specifically found on give up

Yeah, basically this.

It was the best parts of Death Cab plus beep-boop and that tickles me in a place where I usually only get tickled by Chanus's chocolates.

• Options

i contain millennials

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I'm lost? Pass? Like I'm the whitest white guy who lives in a suburb and pays for cable.

'pass' as in 'trying to pass for their gender'

I don't mean to drag this out but I'm kind of curious. I'm not sure I understand this use of "passing" in the context of the video. It was (what I would guess to be) a girl that preach identified as a guy based on mild androgyny (though it's p clear when you see the video imo). That seems like garden variety mixing people up, like I do every few weeks or so when I catch a glimpse of a fey gal that reminds me of Linku. Is there something else I'm missing?

Well, here is what the apology looks like:
    Preacher wrote:
    She looked like a man. I'm sorry from the screen cap I got it wrong I didn't know it was a woman, but that hair is awful that I'm not sorry about, it looks terrible.

Wow what an apology! Doubling down on the person not passing for their gender & doubling down on how he thinks the hair is awful.

The remorse is truly soaked in sincerity.

EDIT: Like, there is not even a component of this apology where one owns up to a mistake. Responsibility is instead projected onto the screencap.

The apology comes across as more sincere than your desire to see any sort of improvement in Preacher.

If you don't read it uncharitably, it is as follows:

I apologize for not realizing the person is a girl; I thought they looked like a guy.

I am not apologizing for criticizing their hair (which Pony also said was shitty to do) because I think their hair is shitty.

That's a far cry from the hate you're projecting onto Preach.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

I guess it just totally passed me by

Like I knew the album and the band and stuff but didn't realise the cult following until I was there

This discussion has been closed.