As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Jon Su[chat]o

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i watched this trevor noah daily show interview with tomi lahren
    maybe... maybe i should give trevor noah's daily show a chance. . .

Meh, his wit isn't half as sharp as other left-leaning comedy news shows.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpyferiOOzg
    Constant jabs without substance.

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Oh man, xanga

sig.gif
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100.

rRwz9.gif
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »
    The Ender wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I'm lost? Pass? Like I'm the whitest white guy who lives in a suburb and pays for cable.

'pass' as in 'trying to pass for their gender'

I don't mean to drag this out but I'm kind of curious. I'm not sure I understand this use of "passing" in the context of the video. It was (what I would guess to be) a girl that preach identified as a guy based on mild androgyny (though it's p clear when you see the video imo). That seems like garden variety mixing people up, like I do every few weeks or so when I catch a glimpse of a fey gal that reminds me of Linku. Is there something else I'm missing?

Well, here is what the apology looks like:
    Preacher wrote:
    She looked like a man. I'm sorry from the screen cap I got it wrong I didn't know it was a woman, but that hair is awful that I'm not sorry about, it looks terrible.

Wow what an apology! Doubling down on the person not passing for their gender & doubling down on how he thinks the hair is awful.

The remorse is truly soaked in sincerity.

EDIT: Like, there is not even a component of this apology where one owns up to a mistake. Responsibility is instead projected onto the screencap.

idk, if she were here I think common decency would require an apology to her for getting it wrong, even if it was an honest mistake

But she isn't here, and I'm not sure I see how it requires an apology to you or Pony instead

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    everyone just apologize to me and let's move on

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    bright hair colors, tattoos, piercings etc are interesting to me because i know if someone has those things there is another depth of possible attraction. they are alluring. and while someone doesn't modify their body to be an object for your romanticizing or lust, lots of people seem to know/be comfortable with the idea that they are a constituent part of a certain aesthetic people find attractive.

the fact that i find someone attractive who i otherwise wouldn't if they have cyan hair or if they have a small tattoo on their collarbone makes me feel like an especially dumb ape.

Wouldn't that make you a particularly smart ape because you're adding an additional layer to your perception of what is attractive.

idk.

i think back to being 12 years old and seeing girls with black nail polish and being like O.O does that mean she touches penis O.O

that part of my brain sees dark nail polish and pink hair and tattoos and tongue rings and projects a layer of whatever

brains are complicated

Oh. Hm. I can't uh.

That is not a thing I am familiar with. Interesting.

steam_sig.png
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    I had an unscheduled nap attack and now I'm unsettled and dunno what I'm doing with my evening

sig.gif
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

I think a lot of people have selective memory about Jon Stewart's run. A lot of Stewart's jokes were substanceless (turtle Mitch McConnell for example) and many of them fell flat.

It has to be really, really hard to write new jokes on a daily basis about current events. So I don't really fault either Noah or Stewart when they hit some duds.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtAAikJNboY

goddamn i was like 20 when this album came out and i was in a relationship where the girl hit me

and i was liek g-goddamn ben gibbard

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

I'm sorry I dipped my balls in your hummus :(

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Battle Brothers seems like a game I want to play when it isn't early access

• mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    moving

complete

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    I saw the postal service live a few years ago

People in the audience were losing their shit like it was the band they grew up with and i didn't get it?

Like they were fine but I didn't realise they had such an intense following

Postal service peeled back my lil teen brain and taught me how to really feel sad about love so I could make some particularly poignant xanga posts.

Hit me right at the end of high school

the beep boops and the adult feels hoo boy was I ever about it

plus such great heights is objective incredible

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

I think a lot of people have selective memory about Jon Stewart's run. A lot of Stewart's jokes were substanceless (turtle Mitch McConnell for example) and many of them fell flat.

It has to be really, really hard to write new jokes on a daily basis about current events. So I don't really fault either Noah or Stewart when they hit some duds.

jon stewart had a sort of passion that i don't think noah projects

not to say noah doesn't also care about issues of the day or whatever, but his delivery is very different

he's a lot more laid back and incisive than stewart, so i think people looking for the uproariously hilarious, and somewhat frantic, takedowns of whatever issue are missing that

you look so defeated lying there in your new twin sized bed
    with a single pillow underneath your single head

gibbard chan..

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

I am also sorry feral dipped his balls in your hummus

but i like trevor noah and i honestly just don't watch the daily show as much as i used to mostly by coincidence

the only apology i get is one that is never needed

Also, this is one of my favorite songs in one of my favorite genres, namely male-female duets about dysfunctional relationships!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiFLQklABUg

• SealSeal Registered User regular
    I sent a rover to Moho, which is a slippery little bastard of a planet thanks to its small size and high orbital velocity. It's also very sunny.

I sent it there to gather information to advance the cause and principles of science, thereby enriching all of Kerbal kind do some sweet jumps.
    p0xjwitbq42f.jpg

not to say noah doesn't also care about issues of the day or whatever, but his delivery is very different

he's a lot more laid back and incisive than stewart, so i think people looking for the uproariously hilarious, and somewhat frantic, takedowns of whatever issue are missing that

I might be reading too much into this, but I think Noah has more detachment because he's not American. He's watching our political process with the same bemusement that we have when, say, some foreign parliament breaks out in a fist fight.

Also, this is one of my favorite songs in one of my favorite genres, namely male-female duets about dysfunctional relationships!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiFLQklABUg

The "charts and graphs" line slays me every time

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I heard covers of most of Postal Service's songs before hearing their actual album.

The two I remember most were Such Great Heights, which had a cover by Iron and Wine that was on the Garden State soundtrack (which I listened to religiously for awhile); and Nothing Better, which my friend arranged for our a cappella group way back in '06. I didn't hear the actual song until much later.

vRyue2p.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    I saw the postal service live a few years ago

People in the audience were losing their shit like it was the band they grew up with and i didn't get it?

Like they were fine but I didn't realise they had such an intense following

Postal service peeled back my lil teen brain and taught me how to really feel sad about love so I could make some particularly poignant xanga posts.

Hit me right at the end of high school

the beep boops and the adult feels hoo boy was I ever about it

plus such great heights is objective incredible

I was like 14 or 15. And just gosh lets get all of these teenage thoughts rolling!

Is it okay to cry to music and walk around the neighborhood late at night???

steam_sig.png
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    1jwSVUY.jpg?1

@visiblehowl you had a solid six years on the throne before dying at the hands of your distant cousin @Wandering! Now your son @Aioua is Emperor.

I might be reading too much into this, but I think Noah has more detachment because he's not American. He's watching our political process with the same bemusement that we have when, say, some foreign parliament breaks out in a fist fight.

yeah, that might be the case

and i don't have any real complaints about his style, i just get why people aren't finding what they're looking for in the daily show anymore

Ctjr6vQl.jpg

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    omg fuck you wandering what did i ever do to you besides try to take your land and murder your family

vRyue2p.png
    I felt like Iron and Wine violated some unspoken rule about a statute of limitations before recording a cover song

It was like we were back in the 50s when one song might be recorded by four or five different artists within a span of a few years

It was a savage era

• The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Battle Brothers seems like a game I want to play when it isn't early access

It is a very, very good game. I've been playing it through most of its development history.

I think the best comparison is Mount & Blade; it's basically M&B but with tactical turn based battles instead of real time first person battles.

With Love and Courage
    this box of chocolates is only like 1500 calories total

i can't do too much damage with that

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I felt like Iron and Wine violated some unspoken rule about a statute of limitations before recording a cover song

It was like we were back in the 50s when one song might be recorded by four or five different artists within a span of a few years

It was a savage era

Pat Boone? Savage?

Wandering has a weak claim on the Byzantine Empire that he had raised a giant army to try and press. He's going to lose the war, but at least he managed to take out that lunatic emperor with him???

Not that Aioua is much better, since he's a homosexual syphilitic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNm2_Wth1sE

oh man, what sarah said. plans dropped almost exactly when my dad died. the lyrics were so piercing to me. i was 17 and i heard

As I stared at my shoes
    In the ICU
    That reeked of piss and 409

and i was like, yes! my strongest memory of those horrible hospital stays and lseeping in the waiting room was the terrible, reeking smell on the ICU that wasn't really covered up by the chemicals

As each descending peak
    On the LCD
    Took you a little farther away from me
    Away from me

sigh

sigh

Man, the Garden State soundtrack introduced me to so many great artists.

I liked Iron and Wine as well as The Shins at the time, although I don't listen to them much anymore. I still listen to Nick Drake, though, and Imogen Heap (half of Frou Frou, who did Let Go) is one of my favorite musicians.

vRyue2p.png
    Didn't black artists have their careers ruined and pat Boone was a famous example of a ruiner

sig.gif
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Wandering has a weak claim on the Byzantine Empire that he had raised a giant army to try and press. He's going to lose the war, but at least he managed to take out that lunatic emperor with him???

Not that Aioua is much better, since he's a homosexual syphilitic.

some of my best friends etc

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    simon you bigot

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNm2_Wth1sE

oh man, what sarah said. plans dropped almost exactly when my dad died. the lyrics were so piercing to me. i was 17 and i heard

As I stared at my shoes
    In the ICU
    That reeked of piss and 409

and i was like, yes! my strongest memory of those horrible hospital stays and lseeping in the waiting room was the terrible, reeking smell on the ICU that wasn't really covered up by the chemicals

As each descending peak
    On the LCD
    Took you a little farther away from me
    Away from me

sigh

sigh

:bro:

vRyue2p.png
This discussion has been closed.