As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

That's right, more Fallen London [chat]

BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left UnfinishedRegistered User regular
edited December 2016 in Debate and/or Discourse
*scurries off to copypasta Jacob's OP*

Fallen London, available on Android/iOS or at fallenlondon.com, is a free text-based comedy/horror choose-your-own-adventure/RPG by Failbetter Games, set in the same world as their Sunless Sea. One night in the 1860s, London was stolen by bats - yes, bats - and transported miles belowground to the Neath, a vast subterranean cavern with its own ecosystem, continents, saltwater ocean...and monsters. Now it is 1894 and life goes on much as it always has, with a few small changes. Death is less permanent. Hell is next door, and smiling devils ride through the streets of London in brass carriages. Poets and bohemians slip into the fog of a new drug that lets them literally escape into dreams. Vast shadowy powers - the Palace, the Parliament, the Church, the Anarchists, the nations of the Surface, and other, stranger things - wage clandestine wars for control of the city.

Into this steps a nameless, faceless stranger. SPOILER ALERT IT'S YOU
M2Tm0oc.png

You choose your name, cameo picture, gender (or no gender), preferred title of address (Sir, Madam, my Lord, my Lady, Citizen, etc) and decide whether you are more sneaky, fighty, intelligent, or persuasive. Then the game turns you loose on the city of London and says good luck.
RaJsMDB.png

What do you do? Well, at first, you just try to survive and make your way in the world. As you play, you'll uncover, and make choices about, your character's backstory, their motivations, and their goals for the future. Some characters might want to achieve artistic success, becoming the most well-regarded poet or playwright of the day. Others might want to go into the Church, or politics. You can become a professor, a policeman, a champion prize fighter, or a private eye. You'll probably end up being a couple of those things anyway. And as you advance in whatever your chosen field is, you'll begin learning the hidden truths of the setting, about what's really going on, and decide what you're going to do about it.

The game is 99% text, and there's a lot of it - something like 2 million words - and it's terrific, atmospheric stuff. A few sentences at a time, it paints an evocative picture of a strange, beautiful, terrifying world that lives on in the memory as vividly as if you'd experienced it in 4K max graphics.

Oh! And you don't have to do it all alone. You can interact with other players through notes and cards, enlisting their help in tough problems, sending gifts, tending to each other's wounds, or just sitting down to a nice game of chess. If you play, let me know, and I'll add you to the list!

FORUM/FALLEN LONDON
A Kobold's Kobold - akoboldskobold
amateurhour - amateurhour
Arch - Dr_Bugs
BeNarwhal - BeNarwhal
Blameless Cleric - Blameless Cleric
Bogart - Daemonomania
BSOB - Bsob
Calica - Clara Macintyre
Casual Eddy - casualeddy
cB557 - cB557
Chanus - Eduardo (it's actually "Chanus", apparently. Weirdo.)
credeiki - credeiki
Darkewolfe - Konenut
Delmain - Delmain
desc - desc
Dread Pirate Arbuthnot - Requine
Elki - Elki
Elldren - Elldren
firewaterword - firewaterword
Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud - fuzzycumulonimbo
Gooey - gooeygooeygooey
Hahnsoo1 - Hahnsoo
Haphazard - Haphazard79
Havelock2. 0 - Havelock the Gentleman Thief
kedinik - kedinik
knitdan - Joe Cusick
Jacobkosh - Jacobkosh
Ludious - Ludious
Mayabird - Mayabird
Mazzyx - Mazzyxpa
milski - Garcher
Mortious - Mortious
MrMister - Mr^2
Oats - Phos
OnTheLastCastle - OnTheLastCastle
Orphane - Orphane
P10 - Peeten
PantsB - PantsB
Podly - frank_reynolds
Ringo - Iri Hayes
ronya - Lady Roayn
SniperGuy - SniperGuy210
So It Goes - Sigmund, Esquire
visiblehowl - vh
YamiNoSenshi - YamiNoSenshi
Zampanov - Zampanov

During the month of December, remember to check the advent calendar every day for goodies!

Also I am aware of the broken images and spoilers in this OP. This some second-hand shit, you can't expect perfection, okay?

BeNarwhal on

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    ayy lmao

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    you all dodged a bullet

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    everyone else waits and hurfle durfles an OP together and then hits post

you are one of the few who understand the importance of getting the thread back in operation like a Formula 1 pit crew and fixing the OP in post-production

good job

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    You're all prisoners of your own freemiun mobile games.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I'll get you next time, [chat]get.

next time

*whooooooooooooooosh* *MEEEOOOOWWWRRRRRR*

vRyue2p.png
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

I can stop whenever I want

*watches energy bar timer tick down*

With Love and Courage
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    oh hey a perfect place for me to brag about schooling a buncha you in fallen london chess.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Local news:

Reports of a man with a rifle or similar wandering the streets aiming at cars got five armed police patrols scrambled.
    When they met the man it turned out to be bicycle handlebars that he was carrying. No police case was created, says the entirely unnecessary conclusion.

65d37d882399cc428d6383d2bb0fc520.jpg

A car drove on red, right around the corner from me. The reason the light was red was because the light rail was coming. The light rail managed to brake enough that it didn't fling the car through the storefront of the local spar, which was fortunate for me because then I'd have to walk a couple minutes longer to buy my eggs.

ftOqU21.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    no one remembers the [chat] op anyway

better to keep the wheels rolling

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    simon keeps talking about some [chat] he made but i am totally drawing a blank

tumblr_odgs27mRGI1tszwcio1_500.png

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I just shoveled a bunch of sno--uh, a substance similar to snow.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    0njejjyhv79g.jpg

HMM

HMM INDEED

art.JPG 46.7K
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    so i sometimes like to play a game where i google a semi-complex emotion and just see what google decides are images that relate to that

it is hilariously wrong a lot

this reimagining of ariel came up for "disconcerting" and

i

i disagree

hl6j0vhnpv3m.jpg

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    simon keeps talking about some [chat] he made but i am totally drawing a blank

and to think I named the next Byzantine Emperor after you

*sharpens knife*

another day, another brutal infant murder...

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    oh hey a perfect place for me to brag about schooling a buncha you in fallen london chess.

mhmm

mhmm

https://en.lichess.org/WDzc10E4

vRyue2p.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

The prison rots with time. No one plays LoL or STO anymore!!

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2016
    This has been my day so far

a3olcw93m9at.jpg
    mw5i6u2gsjgo.jpg
    udioo6wgl7mi.jpg
    euvkvhb1ieu0.jpg
    i5zmr980meen.jpg
    asnvpyshj88w.jpg

Organichu on
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    you can't just post such filth kana

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I just shoveled a bunch of sno--uh, a substance similar to snow.

I ate it!

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Can I get a HBO Now subscription and marathon through all of Westworld?

I am wondering about doing that or waiting until it is out on Blu-ray.

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

mhmm

mhmm

https://en.lichess.org/WDzc10E4

I am down in the future for sure but am half-working right now!

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    so i sometimes like to play a game where i google a semi-complex emotion and just see what google decides are images that relate to that

it is hilariously wrong a lot

this reimagining of ariel came up for "disconcerting" and

i

i disagree

hl6j0vhnpv3m.jpg

I'm literally wearing a punk Ariel t-shirt right now

she has piercings and a side shave and a full sleeve tattoo of sebastian

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Krathoon wrote: »

yes I just did this and it was fantastic. you can get a month for free so get on it that show is magic.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    everyone else waits and hurfle durfles an OP together and then hits post

you are one of the few who understand the importance of getting the thread back in operation like a Formula 1 pit crew and fixing the OP in post-production

good job

Creating a real and important-looking OP is the finest example of narcissism - y'all ain't here for the first post, y'all are here for the next 3990ish.

another image that came up for disconcerting was shirtless taylor lautner in the rain

hmm

• KanaKana Registered User regular

You can but for some reason you can't just do it online, you've gotta do it through like a roku or some other device like that

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    @BeNarwhal can you add me? I'm Requine

Chu we have the same kettle

also the same whiskey

it is tasty

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Linus: Sure Charlie Brown, I can tell you what Christmas is all about. Lights please?

And there were in the same country shepherds, abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them! And they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, “Fear not! For, behold, I bring you tidings o great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ, the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.” And suddenly, there was with the angel a multitude of the Heavenly Host praising God, and saying, “Glory to God in the Highest, and on Earth peace, and good will toward men.

That’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.

:-) I had a piece of pumpkin pie with my wife and we satisfied an annual Christmas tradition.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

also the same whiskey

it is tasty

s-should i try to combine them

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal can you add me? I'm Requine

I have to feed Nargirl first, but then yes

Yes I can

Kana wrote: »

You can but for some reason you can't just do it online, you've gotta do it through like a roku or some other device like that

Yeah I think I signed up w/ google play but I can watch stuff online on my pc and laptop so it's all good.

I have also been watching the leftovers and man that show is fucked.

100% agreed

tumblr_ohv9qtbrGv1urmckio1_500.jpg

edited December 2016
    my cousin's husband's dog got drowned by a roo so I support that time magazine cover.

firewaterword on
    Linus: Sure Charlie Brown, I can tell you what Christmas is all about. Lights please?

And there were in the same country shepherds, abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them! And they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, “Fear not! For, behold, I bring you tidings o great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ, the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.” And suddenly, there was with the angel a multitude of the Heavenly Host praising God, and saying, “Glory to God in the Highest, and on Earth peace, and good will toward men.

That’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.

:-) I had a piece of pumpkin pie with my wife and we satisfied an annual Christmas tradition.

You announced the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to some shepherds?

vRyue2p.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I wanna play more Lichess. I'm out of practice and the games I've played with chat so far have been great.

Organichu wrote: »

also the same whiskey

it is tasty

s-should i try to combine them

I used the kettle to make lemon ginger tea

I added whiskey and honey

this is my winter drink

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
This discussion has been closed.