As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    I took a Man Rodi and made a Landman Rodi
    eod5jkuxkbri.png
    nx4omil7bmwn.jpg
    m85dr7scem5g.jpg
    bdw8me56zxs9.jpg
    lf246un2foz3.jpg

I added new pictures and I love this color scheme despite some painting issues.

• KongoKongo Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    At the current good exchange rate and combining it with other stuff in my order, my Psycho Zaku should come in around $80 or so from Japan-- not so bad. I'm super excited. The HG kit was already pretty awesome, but the MG should be really be amazing. Especially after adding the turned aluminum thrusters that HQO or one of the other usual suspects will inevitably release for it...

Kongo on
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Does it transform into...what was it, Fortress Mode?

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Do we know what that atlas kit is supposed to come out

I'm itching to build but looking over my Amazon wishlist even the kits I was gung ho about grabbing are looking lackluster

I was so sad to find out like every detail on that valvrave kit with the giant yellow arms was a sticker

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Not gunpla but

tumblr_oi4gm0d2GO1qb00mjo1_1280.jpg

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    For my future in laws family there is a big google sheet of what people want for christmas, to make gift buying easier. Threw mine up there including an amazon wishlist entitled "robits". Future father in law: "Did he mean to ask for....transformer...things?" Oh yes he certainly did.

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Not gunpla but

I can't even be sure if this is lego or not.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    There is a Swordfish model from Bandai. It's a few years old though, and tends to go for inflated prices on eBay.

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Cowboy Bebop merch for the Japanese market is ridiculously rare, it is known

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Not gunpla but

It is Lego and looks like it was built with legal building methods. However that back end seems like it would be super fragile.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Are there more pictures of that Swordfish?
    I need to know if the wings fold back, or if the engine baffles move...

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Finally finished building this guy

RtK27OFl.jpg
    n79TJwml.jpg

9LyfVjEl.jpg

so much plastic. Already did a full MG worth of decaling on just the regular RX Gundam under all that armor. Now it looks like I've not even started. ;P

Oh brilliant
  • LogicReasonLogicReason Registered User regular
    Finished my next kit. Went with the Build Fighters Ez-SR Team kit, made this guy (with the shield from another of the versions in the kit)

6u2ep07fuirv.jpg

I think I'm getting better at the assembly and building of them. Also, I think I like suits with shoulder guns.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Finished my next kit. Went with the Build Fighters Ez-SR Team kit, made this guy (with the shield from another of the versions in the kit)

6u2ep07fuirv.jpg

I think I'm getting better at the assembly and building of them. Also, I think I like suits with shoulder guns.

If you've still got the runners for this guy, they have all the parts to make the regular Ez-8s machine gun on them.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Sure do, just didn't know if I wanted to add /another/ gun to the suit. Also, I need to figure out some sort of display setup. Hmm.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Not gunpla but

It is Lego and looks like it was built with legal building methods. However that back end seems like it would be super fragile.

The tip of the gun barrel is two pieces cut and glued.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Not gunpla but

No that is a real technic piece. it could legally be there by putting a lego rod through the cone into the pin. I've done that before.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Not gunpla but

No that is a real technic piece. it could legally be there by putting a lego rod through the cone into the pin. I've done that before.

The pin has been modified, though.

Not gunpla but

The pin has been modified, though.

Has it?
    It looks like one of these: http://brickassistance.com/en/home/8320-lego-technic-pin-34-dark-bluish-gray.html

I did not know that 3/4 pins existed, I only have halves and full pins in all my models!

Brave Commander, because Flags
    vlptx3opltde.jpg
    ny8cp81fp2r8.jpg
    qztlflungvw2.jpg
    lfgua8tvknde.jpg

Man I love this cannon fodder suit the most of all. I should get one.

Just got the email from HLJ that the HG Hashmal and MG Psycho Zaku are in my private warehouse. Yeesh, suddenly the box to ship my current batch of stuff has gotten a lot bigger thanks to these two things...

vlptx3opltde.jpg
    ny8cp81fp2r8.jpg
    qztlflungvw2.jpg
    lfgua8tvknde.jpg

Cannon fodder?! That's the pride of the AEU and Union you're talkin about, pal!

But yes, Flags and GNXs for all

• InxInx Registered User regular
    Man, I used to build Zoids back in high school (circa 2000, 2001 or so). I only recently was reminded of them, when I had to clear out my old room at my parents' house.

I may pick up one of them newfangled HMM Zoids. Are there any particular Zoids that would be friendly in my case? I'm not unfamiliar with models, and I've done a bit of Warhammer 40k stuff as well, but it's been a good decade or more since I did something like this.

I was actually looking into getting a shadowfox just the other day! The new zoids seem pretty cool

edited December 2016
    vlptx3opltde.jpg
    ny8cp81fp2r8.jpg
    qztlflungvw2.jpg
    lfgua8tvknde.jpg

Cannon fodder?! That's the pride of the AEU and Union you're talkin about, pal!

But yes, Flags and GNXs for all

Can we talk a bit about nations? You know the European Union? What will it be called in the future? Oh, Advanced European Union. Of course.

Man 00 fricken ruled.

[edit] Also I just bought a bit of a Christmas present for myself that is quite relevant to this thread. See you in a couple months when it gets here!

IronKnuckle's Ghost on
    edited December 2016
    I'm have a lot of the original Zoids and nearly all of the HMM kits. The HMM Zoids are pretty awesome-- way more advanced than the original Zoids in design and construction, although without motorization. Being Kotobukiya kits, the parts count is generally higher than Bandai kits. For anyone wanting to try one out without the potential to get buried under a daunting project, I would recommend any of the Molga kits. For something a little more advanced, any of the Command Wolves or a Cannon Tortoise will do.

Kongo on
    Cannon Tortoise you say...

X22wmuF.jpg
  • InxInx Registered User regular
    Also, what's the best place to buy these things? HLJ seems to have a short list of Zoids, unless I'm looking wrong.

I see plenty on Amazon, but I don't know how those prices compare elsewhere

• HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Shiiiit, my local hobby store has Transient Glacier in. Shiiiit.....

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
    turtleant wrote: »

Well, it's no wardick, but it's pretty much what you would expect from a robot called Cannon Tortoise.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    I see plenty on Amazon, but I don't know how those prices compare elsewhere

In the US, Amazon Prime can be a solid place to get kits with the markup often being no more than $10, which is often what it'd cost to ship from HLJ. But! It varies wildly depending on what happens to be in US circulation at the time. Older or less common kits can have crazy markup, to the point where it works out much cheaper to order off HLJ and pay for the higher shipping.

In the UK, Amazon is terrible for gunpla, and HLJ is the only really viable route... but paying for the fancier shipping means definitely incurring a customs charge here. Taken to using the cheap 'up to 30 days' shipping to avoid that. Someday my Banshee will get here. :<

Oh brilliant
    see317 wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »

Well, it's no wardick, but it's pretty much what you would expect from a robot called Cannon Tortoise.

Man, if I didn't probably have several gundam kits coming as Christmas presents already I'd probably get that.

Also my Transient Glacier preorder from like 6 months ago is going to ship soon.

X22wmuF.jpg
    So, while I work on my next kit (RX-93 Nu Gundam), I had a thought.. are there any good providers of spaceship models (aside from Star Wars I guess)? Japan's had some pretty neat designs come out of anime, and I wouldn't mind something cool looking to have on a shelf.

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Shiiiit, my local hobby store has Transient Glacier in. Shiiiit.....

FWIW check reviews and see for yourself first. It's still a HG, the stickers aren't as shiny which dulls the sparkly bits, and it needs a stand (which it comes with) to look cool.

Send help I think I'm in love.

3CLB6Wv.jpg

I didn't even know it came with the funnels when I bought it!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    why do they call them funnels anyway

BahamutZERO.gif
    According to the wiki (yeah, there's a wiki for just about everything), it's appearently because early models looked a bit like funnels.

This discussion has been closed.