As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Giant Bomb] Would you vape Hedgehog?

• TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Kreutz wrote: »
    I think it would be awesome if one of the new hires wasn't a dude, if only to shake up the dynamic a bit.

I know it won't happen, but it would be great if they could get Mary Kish to come over from Gamespot full time.

TubularLuggage on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I don't even know who is at Gamespot anymore aside from Mary Kish, and they don't appear to have a staff page on the site.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    LOL...did anyone ever doubt Dan's luck? I seriously need some of Dan's luck in my life.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    LOL...did anyone ever doubt Dan's luck? I seriously need some of Dan's luck in my life.

I'm guessing that means he found someone to pick up his lease?

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    From what Dan has said on previous podcasts he probably talked his way out of it somehow.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Some British person is taking it. He is leaving behind his giant TV to sweeten the deal apparently, and has to pay a few weeks of rent as well after he leaves.

This is from today's bombcast

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Glad things worked out for Dan.

He will be missed on the Bombcast but I'm sure Hitdan will carry on at least.

NNID: Rehab0
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »
    Glad things worked out for Dan.

He will be missed on the Bombcast but I'm sure Hitdan will carry on at least.

And it will be with Vinny this time so it'll be good

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm sorta surprised Demo Derby is staying a GBWest feature, but I guess it makes sense. Dan was just the guy who came up with the idea, and Jeff was the fountain of knowledge. They don't really NEED Dan except for his stories about ignoring some of the stuff on the disc cause it wasn't cool to Kid Dan, or playing some game a lot at Funcoland.

And now that Brad actually cares about playing Hitman right, he refuses to do Hitman Elusive Targets on camera, at least on his own account. Hitman content, if it continues into the new year, will likely involve Vinny somehow? Maybe coaching Dan like that one time? I feel like since the first season ended, Hitman content has sorta understandably tapered off on the site. Elusive Targets are usually messed around with on UPF, and it's Dan being terrible at the game because he doesn't know how to play but thinks he does, or that 4 player ET they did last week.

No Single Agent/Double Agent stuff at all.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    As far as Hitman goes, I would much rather watch Vinny "coach" Dan than watch either Dan or Brad coach each other.

And Demo Derby should absolutely stay with GBWest, so I'm perfectly happy about that.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Personally I'm expecting the GB East Demo Disc Demonstration

liEt3nH.png
    GBEast presents: Crash Bash Bash.

steam_sig.png

GBEast presents the Persona 5 Endurance Run with Vinny, Dan, and Alex.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    They still have Shenmu 2 to do.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    They'll never do it, but I don't think I want a P5 ER without Jeff anyway.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    I'm betting even money that Jeff won't actually like P5. He'll appreciate the style but the ER was the only reason he got super invested in 4 to begin with.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I haven't listened to today's episode yet but it's called Molten Cheese Core

Which was the only great Taco Bell menu item as of late and they got rid of it because they're jerks

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I haven't listened to today's episode yet but it's called Molten Cheese Core

Which was the only great Taco Bell menu item as of late and they got rid of it because they're jerks

I guess you should've bought more.

Yeah, it's something you actively could have saved if you just bought more.

This is why you can't have nice things.

steam_sig.png

I bought like four or five a week! I did my share

• a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Uncle Death for Best New Character.

Too bad the game is not for me. Double whammy of things I don't like, roguelikes and Dark Souls.

Number One Tricky
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    cheesy gordita crunch for life.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    The Taco Bell Chillito is my dark shame menu item that I wish would make a return.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    The Taco Bell Chillito is my dark shame menu item that I wish would make a return.

Is that the same as the frito chili cheese burrito? Because I'd kill a man in front of his own mother for more of those fuckin things

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    It was their chili, cheese, and some sour cream wrapped in a flour tortilla. It briefly returned as the chili cheese burrito which sadly has also vanished.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Mario Party Party 9
    PREMIUM LIVE SHOW ON DEC 15, 2016 10:00 AM

Here we are. Born to be kings....

• Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Jason going on about Haggar on the newest Bombcast made me laugh harder than I've laughed in a good long while. Something about the way he says it just cracks me up.

Brad: I mean, Beast has claws.
    Jason: Haggar's got a fucking pipe!

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Jason going on about Haggar on the newest Bombcast made me laugh harder than I've laughed in a good long while. Something about the way he says it just cracks me up.

Brad: I mean, Beast has claws.
    Jason: Haggar's got a fucking pipe!

I was trying to think about which Capcom character could stand a chance against Stitch, but they didn't even mention him. For shame.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Mario Party Party 9
    PREMIUM LIVE SHOW ON DEC 15, 2016 10:00 AM

Here we are. Born to be kings....

Damn, they are really going for it!

NNID: Rehab0
    The last 2 are significantly shorter than previous mario party games. I think Mario Party 10's longest mode is shorter than most quick looks.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The real question with Mario Party 10 is who is going to be Bowser.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
    It is maybe the least surprising thing in the entire world that Dan managed to have his lease thing work out.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Knight_ wrote: »
    It is maybe the least surprising thing in the entire world that Dan managed to have his lease thing work out.

Not really. He didn't seem super gloaty about it like his other life situations, and he at least had to sweat for a little while, if schadenfreude is your thing.

Some British dude is getting a free TV and couch out of it, too.

steam_sig.png

The lack of Tombstone representation on this week's Bombcast frozen pizza discussion bums me out

Easily the best frozen pizza

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    If you want to brave Neogaf; Vinny answered some questions in the GB thread. It was pretty insightful.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Look, I can appreciate Totinos as much as anyone else in the right circumstances but it is absolute garbage tier when it comes to frozen pizza.

Tombstone is definitely my preference but nowadays if I do get frozen pizza I get the Kirkland brand one's at Costco which are really good.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    vinny's average work week:
    I think I've hit this before but I'll give you my quick and dirty:

Mon - Sorting emails, about 3 hours of meetings (this includes our weekly production meeting, meeting with my boss, and my time to go over West coast production stuff with Drew). Extra time is usually used for trying to prep any games I'll be QLing or hosting for the coming week. We've tried to shift to making Monday more of a prepare your recordings day as once the week starts rolling it can be hard to find time.

Tues - Email and fix broken stuff. In general this is our dedicated recording day, but how successful that is varies. This week I had a lot of catching up to do from being out of the office. For example, it took me around 3 hours just to get my expenses done, and then I had a bunch of studio maintenance to do (clearing space up, cleaning up, making sure software was updated, or wasn't going to update 10 minutes before a recording, etc).

Wed - Email and fix broken stuff. This used to be when we'd have a live show, but now use it as a swing day for recording, meetings, live shows, etc. Today I processed this Sat's best of video from Derek, worked on making a vector version of Giant Bomb's logo in different colors for new merch, tried to figure out what our recording schedule will be like for the next 3 weeks as Alex and Jeff B. figure out holiday plans, got the studio up and running for Blue Bombin', started processing that archive, responded to people on NeoGaf, and... we're current.

Thurs - Email and fix broken stuff. Beastcast day. If we can squeeze something in for the morning we try. Usually prep in the morning, emails, news stories, etc. Spend 30 minutes yelling at the printer. Record around 2pm. Finish around 5:00 when all is said and done. Process and export podcast and anything that was shot.

Friday - Emails and fix broken stuff. Get anything done that was missed during the week. Live show from around 1 or 2pm. Usually done around 4pm. Process and export. Try to archive the week and clear space for the next week.

Usually there are things that pop up throughout the week. Every week there's probably another meeting that gets scheduled in, or a technical change that requires some work, or a piece of gear that breaks, or stuff isn't going to YouTube, budgets that need to be made, making the case for a bigger, badder, Giant Bomb, planning, getting used to the new studio, and that damn printer. Also, sometimes people take a day off, which, no joke, throws this whole thing out the window. Not kidding.

liEt3nH.png
    I've always found it odd that everyone just hangs out on GAF instead of their own dedicated web forums on their own site.

steam_sig.png

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Look, I can appreciate Totinos as much as anyone else in the right circumstances but it is absolute garbage tier when it comes to frozen pizza.

Tombstone is definitely my preference but nowadays if I do get frozen pizza I get the Kirkland brand one's at Costco which are really good.

There's a few newer brands that I rather dig. Don't know if they're available everywhere, but I do dig Screamin' Sicilian and Bigfoot pizzas. The former also has some amazing frozen stromboli.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I've always found it odd that everyone just hangs out on GAF instead of their own dedicated web forums on their own site.

Well, as it is their site, they probably don't want to fuck up that kind of conversation.

This discussion has been closed.