As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bohemia Interactive presents DayZ 1.0 or: Wait, It's Actually Out of Early Access?

• Options
    Ash of YewAsh of Yew Registered User regular
    It's really a game where you have to be willing to make your own fun so you can put up with the shit. I used to be able to enjoy the mod solo but the sa really benefits playing with friends.

And if those friends aren't feeling it then it drags you down too like a certain WOMBAT sometimes hahaha

A buddy of mine put it pretty well. DayZ is tons of running/nothing so its plenty of time to think/complain about what you aren't enjoying. Thats why a fun group probably makes all the difference so you have something else to focus on.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    yeah, but my gaming time is so limited lately, and I have such a massive fucking library of games begging to be played, that playing a game that requires me to make my own fun to put up with the shit is asking a lot from me.

I mean... I could be playing Stardew Valley right now, not slowly, slowly starving to death and running for two hours only to find a can of tuna and accidentally drop my axe.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Haha yeah I understand that. I actually have a hard time recommending dayz to a lot of my friends because of the time investment alone. I don't really like to get on myself if I don't have more than an hour. Hell I literally spend 20 minutes for a good spawn some times.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I know y'all aren't big Zmijovka fans, but does anyone want one, the Czech gardener-mercenary my mom knows brought an extra one

• Options
    I got nothing against them but I'm not sure I'd get much use out of one in Hawaii :P

• Options
    I just realized I've been slowly building a real-life collection of all items in the game

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    .61 is now on Stable.

https://forums.dayz.com/topic/235745-stable-update-061136770/

Thinking of looking for a private hive server this time around.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Think it was a little premature but I'll be happy to not have my character constantly wipe and actually be able to stash barrels again. Switched my version.

Gonna restart our pogo base when we decide on a server. We got top Vsoves working on that.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    We started playing on The Chipotle Bandits (192.210.232.53:2402) private server. Since there's no western spawns a pogo base makes less sense, so we started one near Altar instead.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    A very merry Christmas

I heard if you've been a good bandit Santa will leave something in your barrel

• Options
    I was gonna check if the barrels were ok today, but when I got in the area I saw a guy running by me in an open field. So of course I had to shoot at him, and missed all 7 rounds from my repeater even though I had the drop on him (guess I shoulda got closer). Then he returned fire, and after 2-3 misses, knocked me out/killed me in a single shot.

I like our base, but I really dislike the lack of loot options in the surrounding area. In general I'm hating what they've done to spawns, it just feels like a drag to loot up since doing so on the coast is all but pointless and the smaller towns closest to the spawns are all direct paths to either the middle of the map or the NW. It feels way too constricting, like you're just going to be following high traffic routes with no good loot unless you really go out of your way.

I dunno, just doesn't make playing solo very appealing.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    .61 feels good man. Zombies are a moderate threat. Wolves are a threat unlike any we have faced. They are f'd up.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Shhh don't mention wolves around @vsove

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Ash of Yew wrote: »
    Shhh don't mention wolves around @vsove

bitter over something? or phobia town?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    He's a self proclaimed expert on being eaten by wolves, and I think at this point we've all got first hand evidence of it being the truth.

• Options
    Ash of Yew wrote: »
    He's a self proclaimed expert on being eaten by wolves, and I think at this point we've all got first hand evidence of it being the truth.

I've been eaten by a lot of wolves in my time, it's true.

Also, don't log out in a building surrounded by wolves, because you will die.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    Checked our barrels, all but the outhouse barrel are still there. Not too surprised about that one. Refreshed them all.

The one at altar itself is also still there.

• Options
    Vsove spotted a base when we were going to Tisy up north. It was about 6 or so tents and a barrel, with a fair amount of good stuff. We took what we could back to the base.

It was around 039, 005. Just east of Tisy town.

• Options
    We now have all the Winchester ammo (150ish rounds).

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Recap of 2016's development: https://forums.dayz.com/topic/235809-2016-in-review/

Just noticed the UI and camera angle changes in their gifs
    https://media.giphy.com/media/YTZj2B7081Bny/giphy.gif

*barfff* fucken stamina bars are the worst way to implement it, I knew they were going to do it. Also not a fan of more UI, and also don't see the point of all these camera tweaks.
    I made a post to hicks in the thread asking about all those things, though I doubt I'll get a response.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    If no one makes a new DayZero after mods are enabled, I will

• Options
    If no one makes a new DayZero after mods are enabled, I will

Are you going to include having to relog to put on clothes and not being able to split/combine shotgun shells/ammo? =P

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Have you guys checked out Miscreated at all?

It's basically a hilariously blatant DayZ ripoff but the dev team of like 9 dudes seem to have made a more stable, playable, feature-having version of DayZ in like a year and a half while Bohemia has like 100 people working on the SA for like for years and...

Well...

• Options
    The fact that they copied everything down to the underlying damage model kinda put me off, but I watched a few people streaming it and it seems like a game in which you can have good fun

• Options
    I've taken over Platy's job of friendly firing.

• Options
    HamuelHamuel voted most likely to clip through the ground Registered User regular
    It has been pretty fun experiencing the game lately with some fresh eyes. It was adorable to hear about their coastal loot trap schemes.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Persistence wipe on the 25 for our server

I'll probably try to log out with one of our barrels in my hands the night before if I'm not too lazy. Though with a wipe, finding new barrels will be pretty easy any ways.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    I can also log out with one of the barrels if ya can show me where they are

And congratulations to Hammy for going full-on Terminator and killing four dudes after the rest of us died

• Options
    HamuelHamuel voted most likely to clip through the ground Registered User regular
    I can also log out with one of the barrels if ya can show me where they are

And congratulations to Hammy for going full-on Terminator and killing four dudes after the rest of us died

But then I got gunned down by a shirtless dude with an invisible SMG, so... DayZ happens.

• Options
    So, persistence is resetting tomorrow at 10AM EST, like Bor's post says above. We have four barrels. Can each of you guys empty out a barrel and hold one in your hands?

Rhino wants me to tell you that he's muling a few large backpacks back from Tisy that we can use.

• Options
    Saved some stuff and logged out with the grossest-looking of the barrels

• Options
    I procrastinated too long and totally forgot it was also maintenance night so didn't manage to get one.

• Options
    I got my barrel.

Gonna put it back today.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    I lost the barrel I was carrying due to misinterpreting some of Bor's instructions and then being knocked out for an hour

At least Hammy got the gear, including Bor's cowboy hat and sword

• Options
    Here's the rules for the server we've been playing: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ebOcaDEhF3Mp3ApskQG4PYbm6kgBBAnURplDU77xX8M/edit

Doing the sway "glitch" is considered an offense, which I think is kind of silly since how are you going to enforce that. Also, the shooting through walls seems iffy if they regard regular penetration a thing. Most of the rules seem good though, but I'd hate to get punished for some grey zone scenario.

• Options
    I was stalking four guys in the woods east of novy again today. Had a mosin with a PU scope and some ammo. They got into a skirmish with another group and killed them. One guy was looting a corpse when I shot him, but immediately after, his three buddies emerged in the woods out of nowhere right in front of me. I tried to get up and run, but my character was fucking anchored to a tree or something, and I couldn't move.

tl;dr fuck trees

• Options
  • Options
    Last night we killed something like 14 people. Rhino, Hammy, Vsove and I staying alive the whole time until the last 2. It was pretty much the best we've done in probably like a year I bet or even longer =P

• Options
    Aw, I wish I'd been there

I had to chuckle because the description for Conan Exiles advertises "bloodthirsty cannibals"