As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All I want for Noblegarden is two DPS legendaries. [SE++ WoW]

• Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    I got you a present, WoW thread (it's logs): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tXkmQcChxPDL61B3/

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    it's better than bad

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if I'd say it's good

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    it's better than bad
    I'm not sure if I'd say it's good

XoxI6cm.png

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I got you a present, WoW thread (it's logs): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tXkmQcChxPDL61B3/

Alright 259K. Getting a little better!

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I ordered stuff for my secret Shambler, but there was no way to synch up delivery dates. So you'll get some stuff on Thursday or Friday and then more stuff on the 22nd.

Not listed among your gifts: 1% of what I spent was donated to the SPCA, to save this very kitty

90732.jpg

She says 'mlem'

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I was hoping to check out the logs to see where our problems were, but apparently they don't really track avoidable damage for the Helya fight.

Worth noting is the lowest ilevel group to ever beat heroic helya is a whole .8 below our own

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I'm so glad we ended when we did last night. About 2 minutes later I got a splitting headache.

steam_sig.png
  • SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    I wish I could check my characters logs, but I don't think they track "That time I killed a harpy real fast."

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/788780-upcoming-ptr-legendary-changes/

TL, DR: Output legendaries are getting nerfed. So, turns out that making super RNG tier bonuses was a terrible idea. They said it in a Q&A, ideally, all Legendaries should be utility ones.

EDIT: On stuff, killed M Nynth yesterday, this is much easier than beating our heads on the H Odyn wall for two weeks.

TryCatcher on
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I am still mad that I didn't notice I was still in my ele gear half the night.

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I mean the devilsaur bite did more st damage then my ring but sure nerf it I guess

icGJy2C.png
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    My guarm parse is garbage but better then I've done so I'll take it

icGJy2C.png
    They put way too much damage on procs and potions and legendaries this time around. Those should be making a difference of 5-10%, not like 40-50%.

When mirren pointed out that his ruby did more damage than his fireball I got irrationally angry and I don't even dps.

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    The ruby is notorious for being way too good, it's even bis for melee specs that have a spell to proc it. It's even more broken with the nightbane chest that makes it do 30% more damage, or if you get one with a big titanforge

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    TryCatcher wrote: »

TL, DR: Output legendaries are getting nerfed. So, turns out that making super RNG tier bonuses was a terrible idea. They said it in a Q&A, ideally, all Legendaries should be utility ones.

EDIT: On stuff, killed M Nynth yesterday, this is much easier than beating our heads on the H Odyn wall for two weeks.

Ugh, I wish we had enough people show up for it ><

• ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    The ruby is notorious for being way too good, it's even bis for melee specs that have a spell to proc it. It's even more broken with the nightbane chest that makes it do 30% more damage, or if you get one with a big titanforge

The ruby is totally bugged or something. There's really weird/bizarre stuff happening there.

Like, the proc does ~400k for me (more like 397k, but whatever).
    That damage can be increased by abilities that raise my damage by a % (So Bestial wrath increases it by 46% if its active when it explodes)
    It can crit. (This also stacks with the previous effect, allowing it to hit for ~700k)

But every now and then, with no particular rhyme or reason, i'll see it hit for 1 single instance of 1.2million. And that's not just to a single target, that's every target in the AoE. Sometimes it jumps to 800k. As near as I can tell this ISNT when the proc doubles up. I do occasionally see that happen, but it just does 400k back to back.

It may not necessarily be why it's considered the best, but im sure it's not helping matters.

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

I don't know how short we wound up for it, but I'm sorry for not joining in.

I will absolutely be there to tackle it on progression night next week.

Also, I will not be coming to raid this Thursday because Star Wars.

steam_sig.png
    Dys wrote: »

It was at least 4 people

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    ToV is pretty shit, huh?

How far apart time-wise do Odyn's spears happen in his fight, by the way?

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Disagree. "Just let me pick the best Legendary" doesn't solve this particular problem; there shouldn't be one or two Legendaries that are far and away the best one in all situations. With the way these items are in 7.1, if we add such a system, everyone will just pick the best 2 for their spec and the rest will still suck. We'd rather that none of them sucked.

And just to be clear: something like what you (and others) are describing here is not off the table. Ion even mentioned at BlizzCon that we may end up doing something along those lines in a later patch. It just doesn't solve this problem.

oh ya think?

you fucking think that's the case?

• iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular

It was at least 4 people

Yeah, I think Eits said they needed almost another groups worth of dps. I feel a little bad about it, if I had one of the dps leggos my DPS goes up 60-100k and I would probably feel like I wouldn't actually be as quite a drain on a mythic en run or h-tov.

edited December 2016

8 seconds i think.
    Or did you mean the phase 3 tankbusters?
    I don't remember on those.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png

8 seconds i think.

Not long enough.

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular

Ruby is indeed ridiculous in particulous, but my other trinket also does almost as much damage as Fireball. So does 2x Potion of Grace

mkc.png
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Got the class hall mission for Corgnelius today. Awww yiss

8 seconds i think.

Not long enough.

I'm only asking because, thinking about it at work today, I'm now half convinced that the Odyn fight was built the way it is to make the shield neck and stun ring legendaries more valuable.

There is constant raid damage with enough time between explosions for Prydaz to go off for that to be really beneficial over the length of the fight.

There are stunnable adds that need to be bursted down, and boy howdy does the movement speed bonus from that proc help me run between the runes as melee.

I do realize that this is reaching waaaaay into the conspiracy theory zone, but it sounds slightly plausible to me.

I am really not looking forward to the patch that makes my secondary stats suck and the patch that makes my only legendary bad.

I will be fucking useless at that point.

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Start stockpiling higher item level gear, even if it's "bad" - I doubt it'll be that difficult to make up gaps in effective performance

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    iguanacus wrote: »

It was at least 4 people

Yeah, I think Eits said they needed almost another groups worth of dps. I feel a little bad about it, if I had one of the dps leggos my DPS goes up 60-100k and I would probably feel like I wouldn't actually be as quite a drain on a mythic en run or h-tov.

We were missing a fair number of our regulars like Pip, Huntera, Dys, and Zenyatoo. If the stars align in terms of scheduling we will probably have enough......

BahamutZERO.gif
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    oozes would go down 2-3 seconds before tentacle slam and people couldn't get there in time

and then orbs would get stacked on melee and 2 shot people

I think I like Helya less than heroic Odyn

8 seconds i think.

Not long enough.

I'm only asking because, thinking about it at work today, I'm now half convinced that the Odyn fight was built the way it is to make the shield neck and stun ring legendaries more valuable.

There is constant raid damage with enough time between explosions for Prydaz to go off for that to be really beneficial over the length of the fight.

There are stunnable adds that need to be bursted down, and boy howdy does the movement speed bonus from that proc help me run between the runes as melee.

I do realize that this is reaching waaaaay into the conspiracy theory zone, but it sounds slightly plausible to me.

I know for holy pallies the abilities in phase 1 and to a lesser extent phase 2 line up really well with my cooldowns.

Every raid wide aoe in phase 1 I have some combination of judgment boosted (from my leggo ring) Light of Dawn + Hammer of Light/Holy Prism available, and since everyone is taking damage even my nonsmart heals aren't wasted.
    The fight's long enough I can get at least one Tyr's Wisdom and an Aura Mastery in and have them available for Phase 2 and again at the end of phase 3.

It's not quite as clean in phase 2 since we typically burn them before horn or shield finishes casting, but spears mean its nearly as efficient.

Actually last week our DPS was better than our first kill, so we got phase 2 a little bit sooner and my AM didn't come off CD right when he used Rune Blast like it used to.

steam_sig.png
    Nullzone wrote: »
    Start stockpiling higher item level gear, even if it's "bad" - I doubt it'll be that difficult to make up gaps in effective performance

No see I'm an arms Warrior. Right now I have gloves that give 15 rage when I use Mortal Strike, meaning I always have enough rage to actually use abilities, the other good one will sometimes proc and allow execute with no rage at any health %. Getting rid of those means we lose a ton of damage.

And Arms stacks mastery, which makes the target of your Collosal Smash take more damage from you for its duration. With CS up and with a 3 powered up MS I can crit a raid boss for around 1.2 million. I did over 2 million last night in a mythic

your OP legendary is being brought in line and the rest of the spec is (theoretically) being buffed as a result

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    By the way, it appears that the Secret of the Axes quest for the Arms Warrior hidden artifact appearance is up. Just got it on my other warrior.

your OP legendary is being brought in line and the rest of the spec is (theoretically) being buffed as a result

I'll believe it when I see it

well i did put theoretically as a parenthetical for a reason, but it's still going to be a good legendary, just not ridiculously OP like it is now. hell, it'll probably still be the best legendary for arms, just not by such a huge gap, and it is still directly going to increase your DPS more than prydaz, sephuz, aggramar's stride, etc. reducing the power level of all the best legendaries is absolutely the right call, the difference in strength between person A who won the lottery and person B who did not is way, way too big. believe me you would have a much different emotion regarding the proposed legendary changes if you only had sephuz and prydaz

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    So by all accounts, heroic helya is in fact more difficult than any boss in mythic EN

This discussion has been closed.