As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout [Love]

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Where they dump the grey water in town as a bunch of watermelons growing in it

Don't eat those

I know it's both gross and kind of fascinating they are growing out there

I'd be really interested in someone grabbing one of those and taking it to a lab to see just how deadly it ended up being,

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well I have some parts of a basic lab at home and a knowledge of bio chem........

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    I used to dislike melon until I worked on an organic farm.

"Oh, here, that one has a tiny blemish we can't sell that let's take a melon break."

Tasty breakfast melon.

Eeuughhhh.

Nope nope.

The texture of melon is upsetting to me. And I just don't care for the taste, honestly.

Now, melon popsicles, on the other hand.

I dunno how the melon in Singapore is

but back in the States melon is usually bad because it's been refrigerated and shipped cross country.

Fresh melon is pretty nice.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Watermelon and muskmelon are both good and way easier to find good than people are making it sound. Honeydew can be good but is much more often bland and tasteless.

I haven't had any other melons.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I used to dislike melon until I worked on an organic farm.

"Oh, here, that one has a tiny blemish we can't sell that let's take a melon break."

Tasty breakfast melon.

Eeuughhhh.

Nope nope.

The texture of melon is upsetting to me. And I just don't care for the taste, honestly.

Now, melon popsicles, on the other hand.

Hi5 melon is gross and like eating weird wet sand.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Overly ripe watermelon has a pretty bad mouthfeel. I like my fruit a bit more chewy and not that sweet.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, watermelon is good, but it's often too sweet.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    have you tried...putting salt on watermelon?
    Pro Melon Strats

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Pro Melon Strats

Kanji Tatsumi approved!

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Pro Melon Strats

We've salted watermelons forever, but someone once told me that they cut apples into slices, and salt those.
    Salted apples? Weird!

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Pro Melon Strats

We've salted watermelons forever, but someone once told me that they cut apples into slices, and salt those.
    Salted apples? Weird!

You're wanna salt the granny smith apples.

Das where it's at

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I don't know what that tweet means

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Keep salt away from my fruit, please.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Looks like the wrong thread

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »

Looks like the wrong thread

Looks like non-Brits outing themselves in the secret British thread (although tbh, the Brits have been pretty quiet up in here of late)

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

So Sinn Fein is the political wing of the IRA, and they are pretty controversial.

• Options
    Jeremy Corbyn is the Labour leader in the UK, and he has been terrible. This is just another unforced error.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Jeremy is carefully calculating ways to win the election for Theresa May

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Well I have some parts of a basic lab at home and a knowledge of bio chem........

Do you.... do you make meth?

Juggernut on
  • Options
    I couldn't find that lady today, dang it

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

Do you.... do you make meth?

Brainleach is the one who knocks.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    We said that about Trump, so be careful.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    We said that about Trump, so be careful.

Oh, I hope he wins

I want Labour over the Tories

He just won't. I mean, if I'm wrong cool. But I doubt it.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    The following rant concerns subjects of stalking and workplace harassment. Wheeee.
    So a few years back, there was a coworker of mine who was pretty clearly interested in me, towards whom I did not return the interest. What I think happened was, she got me going about a bunch of my nerdy crap, and interpreted that as me Paying Attention To Her, when in fact I'd chat about my D&D characters to a garbage can for a few hours if it's aperture reminded me of a human face displaying interest. I tried to be direct about turning her down, but leaned hard on the "no workplace romance" angle as my polite excuse. She was coming from a bad divorce, and facing pretty intense pressure from her family and religious community to find a new replacement father for her kid ASAP, and I worried that a harder rejection would have a more catastrophic impact to her self-esteem than getting turned down by my goofy ass merited.

She backed off for a while, but gradually over the following months escalated back to a pretty overt courtship attempt, which culminated in her scheduling a vacation "coincidentally" at the same time and place that I was. She even wrangled a reservation at the same hotel, which she'd overheard me talking about to multiple colleagues, because I am in the habit of choosing between weird little hole-in-the-wall hotels based on which ones have the most compelling "THIS PLACE IS TOTALLY HAUNTED FOR REAL" stories in the yelp reviews.

She did all this presumably in the hopes that we could meet up, go to museums and restaurants and tourist shit together, and I'd discover I was in love with her all along, I guess? In retrospect, there was a non-zero chance of it working. That was an especially lonely time for me, and I could imagine past-me going "Ahhh, fuck it", risking my career, and enduring someone I wasn't attracted to at all just to relax the social pressure and scratch my physical intimacy itch. Which would be such a shitty thing to do, ahhhh, I hate that the possibility exists inside of me!

But then I found a room share a mile closer to the event, cancelled my hotel, and didn't emerge from the Washington State Convention Center for four days except to sleep, because PAX.

Anyway, even though I dodged actually interacting much on that trip, aside from sharing a table for a very awkward bowl of airport clam chowder, it was still weird as hell. So after I got back I had a chat with HR, and some of her duties got adjusted so that we were no longer working on the same projects. Not long after that, she left the company.

Well, I guess she managed to leave without burning too many other bridges, because now my company and her current company are partnering up on some stuff, and she's going to be hanging around my office on a regular basis. My boss knows what's up and has my back, as does his boss, as does the entire HR department, and the managers of the teams she's working with. But that's still way more people than I'd ever want knowing my business like this, without being sheltered behind a ridiculous internet pseudonym. So I don't think there's going to be any dangerous or job-threatening nastiness arising from all this, but I am going to be hella uncomfortable for the next couple months.

So in conclusion, I ask you, Love Thread, why am I apparently so irresistible to creepy as hell women?

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    On the other hand, as far as positive Love Thread news goes, further information emerged about No-Call No-Show Girl from last week, and everything is totally cool. Like, we're not going to try again, but her reason for panicking and failing to keep that appointment is 100% legit, and also not my fault at all. So that's a huge relief.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Glad to hear it man, but even if it had, don't let it rock your confidence. You're great!

• Options
    Yeah, I think it might be time to back off the first crush

I didn't talk to her about my feelings, but I don't think it's a good idea any more

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Cos wrote: »
    Fig-D wrote: »
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Just call everyone dude and be done with it.

Ah, yes, the "California Gambit".

We don't stop at people though. That dog is is dude. My car is a dude. That trash can I just tripped over is a dude. "Like, really dude? Who put you here? I don't blame you, little dude, we're cool, but that other dude? That dude who put you here? He's like, a bad dude, dude. For real."

You can also go the full Philly and just use "jawn"*

*Your mileage will vary wildly outside of Philadelphia.

Also, what's up, love thread? Just hit a year since I met the boyfriend, and Grey Ghost gets to come visit and judge next month. Good times all around!

@Cos I'm going to need to try every single cheesesteak place
    For science

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    love is over

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    RE: Watermelon

if you are every faced with a slightly underripe watermelon, sprinkle some salt on it before you eat it -> eat it -> thank me later

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    salt and underripe mango is also pretty dang great

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Every time I think about being more active on Facebook or trying to make my Facebook look good or anything like that, I realize what I really want to do is delete it.

But NOT having a social media presence makes you untrustworthy!

In closing, fuck it.

Trust me, my social media presence isn't helping that.

truth

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Pro Melon Strats

Salted apples? Weird!

Das where it's at

Yo my boss does this and it...

Like, look, I'm no Andrew Zimmern but I will eat any food once. And I'm very open minded! I like lots of weird stuff! But this was just not good.

E: I mean it was edible but there was no enjoyment.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    love is over
    lJoemzv.jpg ?

Pro Melon Strats

Salted apples? Weird!

Das where it's at

Yo my boss does this and it...

Like, look, I'm no Andrew Zimmern but I will eat any food once. And I'm very open minded! I like lots of weird stuff! But this was just not good.

E: I mean it was edible but there was no enjoyment.

Oh my god why would you salt Granny Smiths they are perfect as-is. The best apple. The only apple I buy. I fucking love Granny Smith apples.

• Options
    I like to sit on the front porch in my rocker, with a whittlin' knife eating a salted granny smith, occasionally firing off a rifle at my no good kin folk down the holler ways.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Salt is like my second favourite food.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Salt is like my second favourite food.

DAMN IT, MARIE

IT'S A MINERAL

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    This is the end of love. There shall be no more. Here lies love. Rip.

Eat at Arby's.

This discussion has been closed.