As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

apologies in advance [chat]

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    "Losing" your soul in a literal sense from mortal sin is definitely not Catholic theology.

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    I do tend to be attracted to people who seem smart

but, like, the end goal is still to rut like animals and become comfortable farting around each other, so I don't think I have pretensions about it?

i mean, intelligence is attractive. and being able to converse with someone else on the same level is obviously important to people.

but people who say they're sapiosexual are often just elitists and snobs.

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    this is why I just say "no dummies" in my dating profile.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Edit: Dumb post.

21stCentury on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I am so glad I just found my wife by being a creeper at work. Dating sites sound like a lot of work.

it's so much work

i don't think i'm going to go back to it. bars 4ever.

. . .until i'm like real lonely in my mid thirties.

You can always just try and find a match on twitch. Find an attractive womans channel and scream at her to take her top off. That's how you get the best ladies.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I tried telling girls I just played video games, read garbage sci fi/fantasy, and went fishing in between.
    Pony wrote: »
    Remember a while back when I mentioned a buddy of mine's girlfriend hated Westworld because she like, outright rejected the premise of robots being people because robots were made by Man and not God and this did not have souls?

And how this was shocking for my friend, a staunch Atheist, to learn about a woman he'd been dating for some time?

Well, it turns out that conversation got really ugly. It seems she believes your soul isn't like, your living essence that is directly linked to your vital signs. No, it's more like the concept of "divine grace", a God-granted essence that is given by the Lord but can be lost (and redeemed) by an individual's choices and actions.

This means she believes that "mortal sinners" (ie those who commit a mortal sin, the worst sins of all) lose their soul and are basically not people until such time as they confess their sins and redeem themselves in the eyes of the Lord.

This isn't that outlandish a theology, really. It's honestly just like, hardline Catholicism? But it shocked the fuck out of my friend, especially when they got into who she considered mortal sinners.

Started out with like, rapists and pedophiles. Ok, sure, I guess. But then it also included gay people, trans people, and in a truly shocking turn for him, "miscegenetics" (people who marry outside their race aka "race traitors").

Sooooo, needless to say, they broke up.

Holy fuck. How did this not come out beforehand?

Well they're both white and they have white friends, so

When would it?

I asked my wife once about one of her mom's friends.

"You know Nancy basically believes poor people are poor because they are lazy or mentally disadvantaged, except the white ones who need charity to escape a bad situation?"

"No, she's a good person. You misheard."

"Yeah, I misheard her twice and then again when she clarify the position to someone who was just concerned she hated white poors also"

Basically white people be good at ignoring our racist friends.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I am so glad I just found my wife by being a creeper at work. Dating sites sound like a lot of work.

it's so much work

You can always just try and find a match on twitch. Find an attractive womans channel and scream at her to take her top off. That's how you get the best ladies.

what if i told you i have done this before.

well not in that manner but I did definitely end up doing it with a chatroom lady.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    The other things that I often see on dating profiles (other than sapiosexual):
    * Myers-Briggs crap.
    * Parallel Parking
    * "partner in crime"
    * hiking and kayaking (both together)
    * Florence and the Machine.
    * "I'll listen to anything, music-wise..." but here's a list of the music that I'll actually listen to.

...parallel parking?

Is that secretly slang for something or...?
    I don't know! I'm really hoping it's code for something.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OkCupid/comments/1prdwc/parallel_parking_metaphor_am_i_missing_it/
    It's... yet another front for the patriarchy? The need to dispel the patriarchal image that women are bad at driving?

THE HELL?

Burn it all down.
    I can't parallel park at all, I would be proud of it too if I could.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Julius wrote: »

but, like, the end goal is still to rut like animals and become comfortable farting around each other, so I don't think I have pretensions about it?

i mean, intelligence is attractive. and being able to converse with someone else on the same level is obviously important to people.

Yeah there are people who cannot converse on my level and people on whose level I cannot converse and it's sort of not fun to have dinner with them. Bus stop conversation at most

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Edit: Dumb post.

Well this reads like somebody tried too hard to be edgey and only knows what furries are from a particularly dumb episode of SVU.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    [REDACTED]

nope.avi

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Steam

Steam

Why does it say that the current network usage is zero bytes per second

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

it's so much work

well not in that manner but I did definitely end up doing it with a chatroom lady.

Due

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Fire-Water, i edited that out because, well.... its gross and dumb.

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

it's so much work

Due

*shrug*

i'm not proud of who I am but I ain't ashamed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    "Losing" your soul in a literal sense from mortal sin is definitely not Catholic theology.

That, and miscegenation never came up in all my Catholic education.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    I'm going to bed shortly, so I shall leave with the gift that keeps on giving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qCpoH4VO9Y

Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    This dude has the worst luck with dating tho

It's like the world is out to turn him into some fedora-clad shithead, every woman he's met for two years has broken up with him because of religious reasons.

Either because he was a dickhead about it (which to be fair sometimes he is, he's got some Dawkins tendencies) or because it turns out like this.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I'm listening to Queen to purge my ears of some random garbage piano track overlayed with toddler talking that was playing in cafeteria.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I'm a stellaurosapphosapiosexual.

I only date intelligent gold star lesbians.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Intelligence is attractive, but then again plenty of things are attractive and building your profile around a single aspect is probably dumb.

I mean I guess it's more highbrow than rude-titty-sexual, but it's no less narrow a focus.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Kneel wrote: »

oh dang that is a band i have not heard in many many years

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »
    Six wrote: »
    I'm a sapiosexual

*smug*

It means I'm only attracted to intelligent people

oh my god these people genuinely infuriate me

after my stroke, when I was struggling with neurological difficulties and had a lot of insecurities about feeling mentally disabled

listening to smug dipshits say they're only attracted to "intelligent" people

oh my god, I wanted to jam them into a wood chipper feet first

my ideal date is completing the sunday crossword puzzle, in pen, and then cooking a little something you've never heard of

then we'll have a lively conversation over drinks, specifically a type of alcohol that I've read encyclopedias about

ideally our conversation will confirm our mutual smugness over our intelligence.

57209742.jpg

Eight letter word for boner

turgidity

that's nine letters, vowels

No, four vowels.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Fire-Water, i edited that out because, well.... its gross and dumb.

you are correct and too late!

nah but I will go back and put that link out of its mercy for the good of those who come after us.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options

It's like the world is out to turn him into some fedora-clad shithead, every woman he's met for two years has broken up with him because of religious reasons.

Either because he was a dickhead about it (which to be fair sometimes he is, he's got some Dawkins tendencies) or because it turns out like this.

as an observer it would seem that he's got some fedorable tendencies that are attracting a certain fedoraligned typed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Intelligence is attractive, but then again plenty of things are attractive and building your profile around a single aspect is probably dumb.

I mean I guess it's more highbrow than rude-titty-sexual, but it's no less narrow a focus.

fuck

I forgot about rude titties

forget sapiosexualism what was I thinking

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Even though I parallel park every day, I still avoid it in the wild if I can. I'd rather walk than damage my car.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

If I'm making babies them babies better be smart enough to fend for themselves I tell your hwat

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a

Yeah there are people who cannot converse on my level and people on whose level I cannot converse and it's sort of not fun to have dinner with them. Bus stop conversation at most

weird, I can converse with most anyone

perhaps you should

get on my level

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    People getting to learn how much you hate racism within a week of knowing you: yet another advantage of being an SJW cuck.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular

as an observer it would seem that he's got some fedorable tendencies that are attracting a certain fedoraligned typed.

Holy shit, "fedorable"

That's going in the lexicon

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    @visiblehowl I sense this chess match may last another fortnight, at least

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    Kneel wrote: »

oh dang that is a band i have not heard in many many years

But progressively awesome. And I still love 'Sorry you're not a winner'.

Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    People getting to learn how much you hate racism within a week of knowing you: yet another advantage of being an SJW cuck.

That's one thing i can never be called, at least.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    a

weird, I can converse with most anyone

perhaps you should

get on my level

No u come down to mine

It's nice here

sig.gif
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Home. I survived traffic.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    @visiblehowl I sense this chess match may last another fortnight, at least

No vh this is the calm before he unleashes the hounds of war

Deploy everything quick and go hard in the paint

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I'm sexually attracted to people who will scream into the dark to the tune of the abyssal plainsongs in our heads with me.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Even though I parallel park every day, I still avoid it in the wild if I can. I'd rather walk than damage my car.

yeah parallel parking isn't much of a badge of honor. but it is a badge of a person who will do something that's more difficulty than necessary for self-gratification.

kind of like the guy who takes up two parking spaces with their vehicle because screw everyone else right? except wait where was I going with this don't be either person.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »

If I'm making babies them babies better be smart enough to fend for themselves I tell your hwat

But if you date somebody with rude titties they can scare off predators and shelter the babies from weather.

I ate an engineer
This discussion has been closed.