As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

apologies in advance [chat]

19495969798100»

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    People getting to learn how much you hate racism within a week of knowing you: yet another advantage of being an SJW cuck.

That's one thing i can never be called, at least.

you would think so, but no

gay dudes can be called cucks

the word is meaningless

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Intelligence is attractive, but then again plenty of things are attractive and building your profile around a single aspect is probably dumb.

I mean I guess it's more highbrow than rude-titty-sexual, but it's no less narrow a focus.

In my anecdotal experience, people who use the word "sapiosexual" also have a very limited notion of what "intelligence" means, focused on the sorts of pursuits and opinions you'd expect from white middle-class nerds. "I'm a sapiosexual" usually ends up meaning "I only date people who like Firefly and hate football; only people who are atheists or pagans and never Christians."

It's the dating-site version of "sheeple."

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Eddy wrote: »
    Intelligence is attractive, but then again plenty of things are attractive and building your profile around a single aspect is probably dumb.

I mean I guess it's more highbrow than rude-titty-sexual, but it's no less narrow a focus.

If I'm making babies them babies better be smart enough to fend for themselves I tell your hwat

But if you date somebody with rude titties they can scare off predators and shelter the babies from weather.

My sole weakness...

(Women)

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    got a red eye tonight and the prospect of being awake for another 9 hours or more sounds positively dreadful.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I'm sexually attracted to people who will scream into the dark to the tune of the abyssal plainsongs in our heads with me.

i only date people whose meatvoice harmonizes with the abyss-song of Oblivion in a manner pleasing to my soul.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

as a cuck, I find this cultural appropriation problematic

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    People getting to learn how much you hate racism within a week of knowing you: yet another advantage of being an SJW cuck.

You underestimate the abilities of people who think the word "cuck" is a useful insult.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I'm sexually attracted to people who will scream into the dark to the tune of the abyssal plainsongs in our heads with me.

i only date people whose meatvoice harmonizes with the abyss-song of Oblivion in a manner pleasing to my soul.

isn't that what i said

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options

If I'm making babies them babies better be smart enough to fend for themselves I tell your hwat

But if you date somebody with rude titties they can scare off predators and shelter the babies from weather.

Boys, what's my weakness?

(Women!)

Okay then. Do you wanna shoop?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Well, fuck.

The News just spoiled Rogue 1.
    Rogue One Protag Lady's dad is the man who designed the death star.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

isn't that what i said

I thought you were just looking for Natalie Portman circa 2004

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    This dude has the worst luck with dating tho

It's like the world is out to turn him into some fedora-clad shithead, every woman he's met for two years has broken up with him because of religious reasons.

Either because he was a dickhead about it (which to be fair sometimes he is, he's got some Dawkins tendencies) or because it turns out like this.

as an observer it would seem that he's got some fedorable tendencies that are attracting a certain fedoraligned typed.

Yeah sometimes if you keep getting shitty fish, you have to start looking at your bait.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i'm a sentiosexual

attracted to anything that's awake

*smug*

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    I'm a
    Well, fuck.

I'm glad I clicked on this spoiler because that is fucking stupid and I can now brace myself for the stupid when I go see it.

• Options

you would think so, but no

the word is meaningless

I mean, Gay dudes can get cucked.

their partner can cheat on them. I guess it's stretching the english definition a bit maybe? IDK.

• Options
    Well, fuck.

That was in a trailer, I don't consider material in trailers to be spoilers

That's a controversial opinion, but there it is.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Well, fuck.

This is strongly hinted if not outright said in one of the trailers, so the news isn't exactly at fault on this one.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    *looks at bank account*

Hmm yes that's not good for the next few months no more frivolous purchases

*sees Super Mario Run is out*

*sweats*

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    a
    Julius wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    I do tend to be attracted to people who seem smart

but, like, the end goal is still to rut like animals and become comfortable farting around each other, so I don't think I have pretensions about it?

i mean, intelligence is attractive. and being able to converse with someone else on the same level is obviously important to people.

but people who say they're sapiosexual are often just elitists and snobs.

Yeah there are people who cannot converse on my level and people on whose level I cannot converse and it's sort of not fun to have dinner with them. Bus stop conversation at most

weird, I can converse with most anyone

perhaps you should

get on my level

I would, but I'd hurt my knees.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options

You underestimate the abilities of people who think the word "cuck" is a useful insult.

Sounds like you don't know me very well. :razz:

• Options
    Well, fuck.

That was in a trailer, I don't consider material in trailers to be spoilers

That's a controversial opinion, but there it is.

I avoid trailers these days because of how spoilery they are. :/

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Too many people say racist things around me, with the implication that I should agree with them.

I need to update my backstory.

And change my name.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular

isn't that what i said

I thought you were just looking for Natalie Portman circa 2004

[smug]

ha ha ha ha to think i'd be attracted to a hollywood actor

[/smug]

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    It really is a remarkable commentary on those people that "cuck" is the worst imaginable insult for them.

Like the worst thing they can think of is another man fucking your woman, it completely undermines your manliness, so that's what they throw at you.

It says so much about them and their values.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Not dating people who don't like Firefly is just common sense

• Options
    Mortious wrote: »

Too many people say racist things around me, with the implication that I should agree with them.

I need to update my backstory.

And change my name.

Man, you know what they say about New Zealanders, eh?
    it's that they're nice people.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through space at warp 5.7

@21stCentury will create the new thread
    @Trace is backup

This discussion has been closed.