As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I bought this one
    14.jpg

It's still in the box as I really don't have the heart to do anything with it anymore

I feel like that could be a really awesome gunpla model if only it had a bunch more guns on it.

I just want to see Heavy Arms taking it's pet gun dino for a walk.

• Options
    KongoKongo Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, I remember the tail straightening out and I think the pilot goes into a lying position to shoot.

Yes indeedy, you are correct. In fact, I even have that feature in my web comic too (hey, I don't get to talk about this 15 year old project much so bear with me)...
    zoids_com_page_3_by_bang_doll_ssi-d387nn0.jpg
    zoids_com_page_4_by_bang_doll_ssi-d387not.jpg

The interesting thing about this is you'll notice my Gun Sniper's body looks different than the Kotobukiya model. That's because mine is based on the original motorized Tomy Zoid. This was long before HMM was doing Zoids. The anime pretty much just went their own way with the Gun Sniper design for NC (which Kotobukiya later based theirs on). But since my comic connected the two storylines (which are thousands of years apart), mine looked like something more old school than what appeared in NC... because it was.

A side note about Leena is that she started with a clunky Dibison at the beginning of the show. After she went shopping and got the Gun Sniper with all the weapons, she would inevitably fire the whole wad at the beginning of the match and then be useless as Bit and the Liger Zero would clean up the rest.

Probably the HMM kit in my collection I'm most looking forward to building/ dreading is the Gojulas... Yes, that's a Zoids Godzilla (in the British Zoids comic from the 80's, they even called it Zoidzilla lol).

19.jpg

The box for this thing is pretty big...

Kongo on
  • Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    Eyeing a Mechatro WeGo kit. I've seen the boxes at my HobbyTown and never gave it a thought, but when I was in Japan, several stores had them assembled and in funny poses and with other kits/figures, and I kind of really want one now? Was considering one of the 1/35 two-packs, but I think I want the added detail of the 1/20.

Has anyone built one before?

Yeah, it's a pretty nice little kit. There's a decent review that pretty much echos my thoughts...

• Options
    On the subject of custom Zoids, this was one of my more involved ones from 2001. Taking an unassuming Hel Cat (seen in the bottom left) and making it into something more hardcore...

cz6s7d6v17ua.jpeg

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Where is a good place to pick up new Zoid models? HLJ?

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Kongo wrote: »
    Renzo wrote: »
    Eyeing a Mechatro WeGo kit. I've seen the boxes at my HobbyTown and never gave it a thought, but when I was in Japan, several stores had them assembled and in funny poses and with other kits/figures, and I kind of really want one now? Was considering one of the 1/35 two-packs, but I think I want the added detail of the 1/20.

Has anyone built one before?

Yeah, it's a pretty nice little kit. There's a decent review that pretty much echos my thoughts...

Very cool, thanks for the link.

• Options
    Yeah, although it's a good idea to shop around jic when you find a Zoid you like. Once in a while Amazon and some ebay sellers can be competitive, but for the most part HLJ works pretty well. Especially now with the good current exchange rate.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    The best thing about Leena getting that gunsniper is that I'm pretty sure she never once tried to use the sniper rifle in the tail.

Also the actual sniper character constantly giving her shit about it when she showed up.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I would buy Gunpla quality Dino-Trucks.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Well, I might be very poor after Christmas. This baby caught my eye.

kbyza-003_3_1446780846.jpg?v=1446780846

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    The Hayate Liger... It'd be nice if Kotobukiya would release that as an actual kit in scale with the other Zoids (1/72) instead of a pre-assembled in 1/100. It's pretty nice overall (I have one) and it's in scale with MG Gundam stuff-- it's just annoying that it's not in scale with all the HMM and Tomy Zoids. There's always the original Tomy motorized version from years ago in 1/72, but it's not very high on detail. There's also a resin conversion kit for the HMM Liger Zero. But you just know as soon as enough people buy that, Kotobukiya will go ahead and release an HMM version anyway.

My fav is the Mugen Liger. Here's the 1/100 version from the same collection:

FIGURE-017214_09.jpg

Same deal as the Hayate. Available as the old Tomy motorized version or as a resin conversion for the HMM Liger Zero, but alas not as complete HMM kit.

BTW, for anybody who wants to check out these resin conversions, some of the best ones are made by Tsun. Beware, this stuff can really drain your funds (I speak from experience)...

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Well, I might be very poor after Christmas. This baby caught my eye.

kbyza-003_3_1446780846.jpg?v=1446780846

KITTY!

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Dang zoids got very cool since I built that tomy liger zero as a teen

• Options
    Finally got around to putting the 1/72 G-System Kshatriya up on Youtube... Complete with fun-filled music from 0079.

https://youtu.be/wHAUQNBjm8o

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Finished Transient Glacier.

Ostentatious, edgelord/lady as shit, enough clear plastic to build an SD, and with a big dopey spear and talons on the feets.

Glorious, and a great build. Grand total of 5 stickers. Pics in due course.

• Options
    Aaand that 1/350 Prinz Eugen commission that I started in 2015, went through my wild health ride, and finally completed last month...

https://youtu.be/xpIAkPwKrtE

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Jeezy creezy

That's impressive!

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Always so impressive to see scale weathering that looks so realistic. That's awesome!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    To stray even further slightly off topic from Zoids, there was a third party Transformer that was released last year that a lot of people thought looked a lot like the Zoids Liger.

uMguWEi.jpg?1

Maybe not spiky enough, but it's fairly close.

• Options
    Thanks for the kind words, guys. I'm gonna use the same water process to someday do a diorama with an amphibious MS...

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Hey GunPla thread, I figured y'all would be best people to ask.

What's a good glue for tiny plastic repair?

I was gifted the Figma Ryuko and her Scissor Blade handle broke at the corner here.

m09vhu2otjpt.png

It's a rather small bit.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Got started on the first of my latest haul tonight.

rbvcac66t6xg.jpg
    8njh1rzahka8.jpg
    tv8i69bgolw2.jpg

I've been wanting to grab a Graze Ein for a while now and I love everything about this tall spideresque boy.

• Options
    GotLoveGotLove It's a shame, she really liked his waggly eyebrows. Many Britons find this amusing.Registered User regular
    Got this little guy finished during the week and he just sort of ended up like this. I need to finish the weapons but I don't think I'll ever use them because I love this pose so much. It's a really nice model, I definitely agree on the recommendation as a first kit.

My Barbatos Lupos and Hazel 2A arrived today as well so plenty to keep me entertained over Christmas.

yWnaJPol.jpg

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Yukira wrote: »
    Hey GunPla thread, I figured y'all would be best people to ask.

What's a good glue for tiny plastic repair?

I was gifted the Figma Ryuko and her Scissor Blade handle broke at the corner here.

m09vhu2otjpt.png

It's a rather small bit.

Depends really on the plastic.

If it's similar to the plastics used in model kits, model glue might give you a bit of a fix but the amount of stress you put on the part may overcome the plastic-to-plastic bonding that the model glue does (basically melts the plastics a bit so they form back together as it sets and cures).

There's some other types of model glue that work differently than that, which might work, but with a mix of still learning about different glues and plastics and not knowing the kind of plastic Figma used for their accessories it's hard to make a firm suggestion about what to use. The downside of trying out model glue is that it *could* damage the plastic as well, given the way it works, if you're not too careful. There's been times I've applied too much to a piece on a kit to do a repair and it just ate away at the part. Still works okay, but you get sort of scratch marks and pock marks from where it ate away the surface of the plastic.

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    I appreciate the info and will keep that in mind.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Figma stuff mostly uses a more rubbery type of ABS plastic so the usual model glues often won't work. Super glue is generally your best bet...

Kongo on
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Figma stuff mostly uses a more rubbery type of ABS plastic so the usual model glues often won't work. Super glue is generally your best bet...

Cyanoacrylate (superglue) will probably give you the strongest bond with the least amount of plastic deformation there.

• Options
    LogicReasonLogicReason Registered User regular
    Finished my RX-93 tonight. Tried taking a better picture using my camera.

e9bkzoz9gzv7.jpg

I really need to work up the nerves to try panel lining these guys.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Apparently Bandai is thinking of expanding their direct sales overseas and are looking for feedback before doing so,through the use of this survey: https://p-bandai.jp/enquete/1000004100/

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    +1 from me. That survey is delightfully Japanese. "Do you get character information from app push notifications" :tell_me_more:

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    +1 from me. That survey is delightfully Japanese. "Do you get character information from app push notifications" :tell_me_more:

N.... Yes?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

N.... Yes?

Ray, when someone asks if you get character information from app push notifications, you say YES!

• Options
    LogicReasonLogicReason Registered User regular
    Built this guy last night. The Graze is a pretty fast build.

tjnem2gogk4t.jpg

• Options

Cyanoacrylate (superglue) will probably give you the strongest bond with the least amount of plastic deformation there.

I really do appreciate this.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    oh my god
    papagguy-1144th-scale-high-grade-model-kit-gundam-build.jpg
    oh my god
    oh. my. god.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    someone pointed out that its basically reverse of the Ms. Pacman style of cartoon character gendering.

The default is assumed female, while the male version has a dang top hat and moustache.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I still have to get the lil green Petit Beargguy with the guitar

• Options
    Gatsby wrote: »
    I still have to get the lil green Petit Beargguy with the guitar

*slow smile*

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    There's also a purple one with a drum.

X22wmuF.jpg
This discussion has been closed.