As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Love Thread! Boobits? Come on in!

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Love thread

I'm in love

With Batman

I just finished the Telltale series and whooooooops guess it's time to throw Batman Begins on for perhaps the millionth time of my life

nA3LAzu.gif

batman loves you back

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Cello wrote: »
    Love thread

I'm in love

With Batman

I just finished the Telltale series and whooooooops guess it's time to throw Batman Begins on for perhaps the millionth time of my life

nA3LAzu.gif

batman loves you back

FINALLY

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    It's okay because I'm in love with the best Batman, Dick Grayson

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Y'all can have your youthful & vibrant Batmen.

I'm going to mumble angrily at children with my favorite Batman.

3808414-2029804812-36872.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I really feel after running into people intent into playing games and bot after bot I feel it's just better I give up
    I have far better mathematical odds meeting extraterrestrial life than I do every meeting someone in person

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Loving Batman seems like a good way to get captured and possibly killed by a supervillain.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    meanwhile i love the batman that gets results

kimidfon3cnt.jpg

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Yeah, Bruce honestly should consider implementing leg pouches if he's really serious about applying himself to this crime fighting career.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Salsa party tomorrow.

Whatever happens, I get to dance with pretty ladies who are better dancers than me.

Gon' be a good 'un.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    tossing this thought out into the thread because it's better than just letting it stew but

a few months back my girlfriend and I were experimenting with an open relationship thing because I'd been in almost exclusively open relationships in the past, so just to try it we both ended up doing the thing with someone else in the same span of a week, and then ended up debriefing and deciding for various reasons that the open thing just wasn't super for us

but every once in a while I definitely find myself getting infatuations of varying degrees (including with the person I hooked up with back in September), and it's like "geez brain no, we have a great thing going, please try to be good at monogamy". none of it's ever crisis levels of bad and I'm not super worried about it, but it's still an annoying thing to have taking up extra brain space

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    So I went and saw Rogue One tonight by myself. Usually I always go see movies stag and I enjoy it but man, there were so many things that popped up that I wanted to point out to somebody and I kept remembering I was there alone. Not being able to share dumb things that make you excited with others kinda sucks but it's not getting me too down cause of this raging Star Wars erection so hey

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Says the guy who unashamedly supports Civil War Tony Stark.

Least Surprising Opinion of 2016.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I am who I am.

• Options
    @Lost Salient, noticing somewhat of a trend can you make any guesses to my other favorite characters in pop culture?

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Secret Britain thread are you guys gonna take that?

At half one in the morning? Sure :P

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Yeah
    I hear from ex every week

She asks "Are we divorced yet? Did you hear from your lawyer yet?"

I'm not answering her tonight.

It has been six months.

Block her number. No good comes from communicating with her. You have a lawyer for that.

I don't really know how to do that
    I just don't answer

Meanwhile, I'm having a debate with myself on asking a lady to a bar for a beer

Becuase it's been six months since I left my wife, I haven't seen her in five, and aside from the thing with her hooking up with a dude who was such a solid bro to me I considered him my brother less than a month after I moved out, I'm pretty much over everything.

Except the thing with my bro
    That's the thing that I can't quite get over

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    love these batman TAS episode posters

hate stayin up all night stressin abt seeing Crushes this weekend

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I am overwhelmingly, excessively, egregiously single and it isn't going to change

31 live at home crippling depression shit job never go out or meet people

I had a girl message me on OKC this morning and am glumly watching it go the way of all dating site exchanges, small talk that fizzles into nothing

Merry Xmas

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I feel for you man but
    I really like the phrase "egregiously single"

• Options
    Beasteh

You have to love yourself first

Focus on the good parts of you, things you're good at

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Secret Britain thread are you guys gonna take that?

At half one in the morning? Sure :P

Aha we've found their weakness--timezones!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Beasteh

You have to love yourself first

Focus on the good parts of you, things you're good at

I'm good at being a piece of shit!!!

(yes I am working on Self Improvement, got an interview in Jan, dragging my carcase to the gym and cutting bad habits)

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    so after being hit by a car and having two limbs shattered my boyfriend has gone ridiculously out of his way to take care of me since all i can do now is sit in lone place for several months

i am pretty lucky.

except for the car thing that was pretty unlucky i guess in retrospect.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Aw yeah! Top marks for a report on building installations and also getting some tax money. YES!

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    so after being hit by a car and having two limbs shattered my boyfriend has gone ridiculously out of his way to take care of me since all i can do now is sit in lone place for several months

i am pretty lucky.

Holy shit hit by a car what

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    God damn, Pink! I hope you recover well and I'm glad you're not dead.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

i am pretty lucky.

yeah he ran a red light and plowed right into me on my bike in the crosswalk

points for him: he stopped and called 911

red card offense: he said "yeah a bike hit my car". sideways at 60 mph somehow but you know details details

joke's on him my wrist broke his windshield

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

i am pretty lucky.

yeah he ran a red light and plowed right into me on my bike in the crosswalk

points for him: he stopped and called 911

red card offense: he said "yeah a bike hit my car". sideways at 60 mph somehow but you know details details

joke's on him my wrist broke his windshield

Jesus Christ

I'm so sorry to hear that happened, but glad you're still here

Same thing happened to a guy I went to high school with a few years back, and he wasn't so lucky

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    one of the sadly fundamental flaws of American motor culture (and increasingly worldwide, I hear) is that we have no idea how to watch for cyclists or motorcyclists

nor is there really any incentive to get good at it

really sorry to hear, Pink

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    Damn, pink

That is awful

Good luck to you, and I hope you have a great recovery

• Options
    edited December 2016
    I cannot find the lady who I wanted to ask out for drinks

How much effort is too much and crosses into desperate weird guy?

What's the accepted protocol for Facebook messenger chatting?

I'm already friends with her on Facebook, but I have never messaged her on it.

I see her a few times a week at work, for about five minutes a pop, pleasant small talk is exchanged, then I go to my next stop.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Says the guy who unashamedly supports Civil War Tony Stark.

Least Surprising Opinion of 2016.

Waaaaait a minute. Comics Civil War Tony Stark or MCU Civil War Tony Stark.

Cuz one of those is horrible and one of those is absolutely correct.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Slow your roll, dude.

This is the person at work who you occasionally interact with, right?

You will get another chance to talk to her, inevitably, and at that point, ask her if she wants to go out for drinks.

I get that you're eager, but I think you'd be better off taking the opportunities presented to you than trying to create your own.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Yes, I should be calm, I suppose

She works at one of the departments whose inventory I manage, yeah

I was about two sentences away from asking her to drinks last week, and I've spent the last week wishing I had

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Well.

I (very begrudgingly) started a new Facebook account because I figured I'd need a place for all my trip photos.

My ex just friended me. That's a negative right? Or is that common procedure? I honestly don't know. mean, I feel kinda petty about it but I have absolutely no desire to have anything to do with that.

This is why I fucking hate Facebook, goddamn.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    block

problem solved!

• Options
    edited December 2016
    I suppose I could just ignore the request all together cause I mean fuck it. She hasn't nor ever did she move in my friend circles so best she can do is call me a piece of shit to people I don't know and man that doesn't bother me one bit.

It honestly just kinda took me off guard. I guess she's being a normal adult person about it but nah man I ain't about that life

Juggernut on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Well.

I (very begrudgingly) started a new Facebook account because I figured I'd need a place for all my trip photos.

My ex just friended me. That's a negative right? Or is that common procedure? I honestly don't know. mean, I feel kinda petty about it but I have absolutely no desire to have anything to do with that.

This is why I fucking hate Facebook, goddamn.

Facebook is shit.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I'm on good terms with like 95% of my exs so maybe YMMV with some other people.

But if an ex wanted to get coffee or something I'd be down.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    Last night I was having a major brain spiders moment. Well, it's been all week, but last night it just get getting worse. Wanting to quit uni, move out of London, essentially shit of the last few years of hard work. The nerd is quite black and white with stuff like this. What are the pros and cons, how to fix things practically etc. It was nice that he was trying, but rationally I know what I need to do and so I mainly just need support and sympathy while I try to calm myself and work through it. I was trying to find a way (over Whatsapp) to explain to his that while I appreciated his practical way of helping, that it wasn't what I needed, and would probably stress me out more. This first message I sent made him think I was ending it, and he was so relieved when the next message showed what I was actually trying to say. And it made me realise...he actually wants to be with me, and would be sad if I ended it. I know that should be obvious, but thanks to some childhood stuff and a shitty ex, I kinda think of myself as a burden that people put up with. So despite me crying my eyes out, something good came from last night. Someone likes me.
    I had an online thing to do for uni today that's 10% of an assignment. Couldn't do it. All the crying. So I've phoned uni and set up an appointment with study support people in the new year to try and work through why assignments make me a crying mess. See if I can break this before the end of my course.

This discussion has been closed.