As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Giant Bomb] Would you vape Hedgehog?

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I've always found it odd that everyone just hangs out on GAF instead of their own dedicated web forums on their own site.

Well...rudds posted at gaf before working at gamespot right?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    The lack of Tombstone representation on this week's Bombcast frozen pizza discussion bums me out

Easily the best frozen pizza

My wife and kids like Red Baron thin. When I've got the joint to myself it's regular Tombstone all the way.

camo_sig2.png
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Tombstone sauce tastes weird to me.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I love Tombstone pizzas, but I rarely buy them these days. My wife can't eat them due to her celiac disease. Before she was diagnosed, though, she liked them as much as I did, except she did this really weird thing: she spread ketchup on top of it once it was out of the oven.

I haven't even gotten to their frozen pizza discussion yet!

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Ain't nothing wrong with Mama Celeste pizzas.

Supreme pizzas are actually good.

Even when I enter the realm of crap food tastes, Dan has his esoteric, funky opinions

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Holiday Hitman:
    The Santa outfit allows you to exit the mission via fireplace...

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Plain cheese pizzas only for me

Occasionally pepperoni, like, once a year

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Plain cheese pizzas only for me

Occasionally pepperoni, like, once a year

BROTHER

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I got all the pepperoni genes

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I take my pizza with no cheese and extra pepperoni.

uyvfOQy.png
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Sausage, caramelized onions, and roasted red peppers.
    Or
    Bacon, chicken, and onions, with bbq sauce instead of tomato.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Mushrooms, spinach, sausage

• a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    I love Japanese pizza, corn and everything.

Suck it America.

Number One Tricky
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    It was their chili, cheese, and some sour cream wrapped in a flour tortilla. It briefly returned as the chili cheese burrito which sadly has also vanished.

I still order them from time to time, they aren't listed on the menu but they still make them for me.

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Dan is in full Waluigi regalia for the final MPP and it's pretty great.

• FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    I doubt its the final one, Dan will be back in SF eventually and get them to play MP10. And I bet MP11 will be out sometime in 2017 for the Switch.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    From what I hear, they could easily play both in like an hour. Maybe make it a UPF segment

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Foomy wrote: »
    I doubt its the final one, Dan will be back in SF eventually and get them to play MP10. And I bet MP11 will be out sometime in 2017 for the Switch.
    Sounds like they're doing Mario Party 10 tomorrow.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    Mario Party Party 10 will be played live tomorrow. WOO!

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Live Quicklook, no less. :biggrin:

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Man, Mario Party 9. It was like they were just getting into the game and then it was over. It was almost like a Mario Party appetizer.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Man, Mario Party 9. It was like they were just getting into the game and then it was over. It was almost like a Mario Party appetizer.

Tomorrow's is going to be even shorter, if they don't do multiple rounds. They're tuned to go 20-25 minutes.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    That's sad, if Mario Party 9 had a 50-turn format, it actually looks like a half-way enjoyable game I would have liked to watch them play for 3 hours.

Also, from today's Beastcast, I want to hear Vinny doing "Monster Truck Announcer in his everyday life" as often as it can be arranged.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/the-community-2016-game-of-the-year-voting-starts-/1100-5527/

Community voting has begun.

I only had 6 games to contribute, since I didn't play 10.
    1. Doom
    2. Overwatch
    3. Titanfall 2
    4. Dark Souls III
    5. No Man's Sky
    6. Super Mario Run

• RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Quick Look: Mario Party 10 is up!

And yes, it is the official Mario Party Party 10.

NNID: Rehab0
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    I voted!
    Pretty good year you guys:
    1- Forza Horizon 3
    2 - Uncharted 4
    3 - Titanfall 2
    4 - The Division
    5- Overwatch
    6 - Deus Ex: Manking Divided
    7 - Mafia III
    8 - Hitman
    9 - MLB The Show 16
    10 - Doom
    Honorable Mension: Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbone in 2015 but the PC port hit in 2016)

Other good games:
    Civ 6
    Stellaris
    Gears 4
    Superhot
    Xcom 2
    Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak
    Abzu

2016 you guys, would play again

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    1. Stardew Valley
    2. Dark Souls III
    3. Overwatch
    4. Hitman

Might be the saddest year for me ever.

Bah, the ones I vote for on GB are never 1:1 with my own personal list because mine includes games not released in 2016

I'll still submit one later today though, I'm pretty positive FFXV will be top of that list for me

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I pretty much only played

Overwatch
    Dishonored 2
    Superhot
    Quadrilateral Cowboy
    Civilization 6
    Dark Souls 3

but they were all great.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I have Rise of the Tomb Raider on my list, and it counts because the PC version I played came out in 2016. That nuance won't be reflected in their database though so whatever.

I'm still planning on doing small writeups for each of the games on my list, I like doing that every year even if no one reads them. It's fun to go back and think about that stuff.

I still have Dishonored 2 to go through, it might get a spot somewhere if it keeps up this level of quality.

Aistan on
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Holy shit! Mario Party Party 10 spoiler:
    JEFF WON! :o

NNID: Rehab0
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »
    Holy shit! Mario Party Party 10 spoiler:
    JEFF WON! :o
    Nobody wins.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, I bet that
    Jeff doesn't feel like he won anything.

Anyway, I haven't watched a Mario Party Party thing since....whichever one they did with a live audience? That was fun.

SteevL on
  • a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    1. Stardew Valley
    2. Dark Souls III
    3. Overwatch
    4. Hitman

Might be the saddest year for me ever.

My top 10 list of 2016 games I played...

1. Doom

Ummm... Guess I accidentally put a 0 in "top 1 list".

Number One Tricky
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    @SteevL not at all! Just watch those last 5 minutes.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Of the games that are eligible for Giant Bomb's Community Pick for GOTY, I have played 53

Of those 53, I enjoyed 29

Of those 29, I have made a list of ten

Here are UnbreakableVow's Ten Best Games That Actually Released for the First Time in 2016, Which is Different From My Actual Game of the Year List (in ascending order)

10. Ratchet and Clank
    9. Dragon Quest Builders
    8. Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
    7. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
    6. Forza Horizon 3
    5. MLB The Show 16
    4. Overwatch
    3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    2. Pokémon Go
    1. Final Fantasy XV

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Welp the UPF got me to pick up Astroneers. Its a fun little game and pretty cool for just being alpha! I think I might need to be a bit high to maximize my enjoyment of it.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    Good gravy

I played... seven games maybe?

Basically it was a great year to be an unbeliever, because left and right things were shattering my preconceptions

I'm one of the few that always held hope for FFXV, though it feels nice to be vindicated

But Pokémon Go? That looked shallow and stupid, and, well, it is, but it also impacted my life like no other game ever. Wandering around downtown and seeing others playing, teaming up with strangers to take over local gyms, going to Facebook meetups for a game? The very first night I was out and saw the crowds my first thought was "this is awesome, but this bubble will burst." And it did. But it was a pretty amazing experience while it lasted

Uncharted 4? I was so fucking done with Uncharted. I was not hyped at all for the fourth one, even after those "amazing" press conference showings (the stuff they showed is the WORST stuff in the game, IMO). But it absolutely delivers on its story and gives a pretty fantastic ending to that series

Overwatch was a game I thought I'd admire from afar. The short films were cool but I didn't think that gameplay was my style at all. And like most shooters, I'm not great at it, but I never stop having fun with it when I play it, which is key

Horizon 3? I've never liked previous Forza games, except for seeing a bit of a spark when I dabbled in the first Horizon. Once I sat myself down and faced the harsh reality of "Burnout is dead, EA has killed it, but these guys are trying to bring some of that vision to this," I really ended up enjoying it. Driving on the left side of the road is still weird though

DQ Builders might be the biggest one because hoo boy do I fucking LOATHE Minecraft. It's amazing how much better games can get when you have a sense of purpose! When you're not just let loose and told to "make your own fun." Square Enix understood the score - I'm the customer, how about I pay them $60 and they'll make the fun for me instead. And they did, and it rules. The framerate could be a little better, there are some weird dips, but overall this is an incredibly solid game in a genre I previously couldn't stand. They did it last year with DQ Heroes, as well. Maybe they should make a Dragon Quest Dark Souls game so I can finally enjoy one of those

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Every game that surprised you I was terribly disappointed in. So I disagree!

Pokemon go is shallow and stupid. Uncharted 4 is another nathan drake has incredibly strong hands between setpieces and enemies with too much hp boring. Overwatch is balanced in classic blizzard fashion and makes me feel awful whenever i play 10 times more than i ever feel great. Horizon 3 ruined the Horizon series by totally breaking PI balance in a world with incredibly boring tracks compared to Horizon 2.

Horizon 3 is the first Forza title to ever burn me, a person who bought an XB1 only to play Forza games and played hundreds of hours of Horizon 2. It's maybe my disappointment of the generation so far.

aeNqQM9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.