As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's GIFTMAS!

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
edited December 2016 in Social Entropy++
What have you gotten for people so far? What have you received?

Things for people:
jtE0e34.jpg
Brother (gold) Mom (blue)

dBnF2iI.png
Sister in Law

hQY0d91.jpg
Dad

IMfjfeU.png
9Ai1nB9.png
PHuR70D.png
Nephew

3pJDC7Pl.jpg
Work Secret Santa

A couple other SECRET gifts for forumers.

And so far I've received:

jo1VX4z.gif
this cool star wars mug

Tus0RIzl.jpg
this boot I can drink out of

SKhLCJBl.jpg
the awesome nerf hyperfire from @nullzone

What have you guys given/gotten so far? Post ideas because I still don't know what to get for my Fiance and I have NO IDEA WHAT TO GET HER HELP OH GOD FIRE EVERYWHERE

Brolo on

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I am going to buy my wife a set of bluetooth headphones for her work desk

I bought my Satanee some stuff they haven't got yet so no spoilers

I'm not buying any other gifts

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My wife and I are doing Christmas for the kids. I got her a nice anniversary present, which is this weekend, but nothing for Christmas.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I got a box of Omaha Steaks stuff earlier today

4 burger patties
    4 gourmet franks
    4 4oz steaks
    4 Caramel Apple Tarts
    4 stuffed baked potatoes
    24 oz of beef stew

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I got a box of Omaha Steaks stuff earlier today

4 burger patties
    4 gourmet franks
    4 4oz steaks
    4 Caramel Apple Tarts
    4 stuffed baked potatoes
    24 oz of beef stew

And a paaaartriiiidge in a pear tree....

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I'm at the extremely boring stage of my life where everything I want either A) I have already because it's cheap, or B) is super expensive and thus can't really put it on a regular xmas gift.

I think I'm most excited when I just get cash.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Grayson got an electronic piano and Morgan got a Vtech smart watch for their bigger gifts.

Morgan wanted a drone and I wanted to get him one so I could play with it but my wife said no. :(

• Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    Got a neat sugar skull designed glass pipe for my dad, still figuring out something for mom.
    I'm making adorable little 2" painted clay figures of their animal characters for most of my friends.
    Boyfriend is getting that John Cena box and some good wool socks.
    Coworkers are getting baked goods because I've been an emotional mess the last two weeks and I feel bad for letting it seep into work.

I have gotten RB4 for satans and I am itching to unpack it and a TV now that I know I'll have time to keep enjoying the ever loving crap out of it.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'll be the first to admit that I overshopped for the wife, son and niece.

My favorite gifts for the wife this year are that I'm making a custom Lego display of New Kids on the Block complete with minifigs I'm doing decals on myself (I always try to make one gift each year) and a really neat Pepe Le Pew print I think is from the 60s that I'm framing this weekend.

For my son I'm most excited to give him a Parrot Jumping Drone and a 3doodler pen partially because I want to play with them. The niece is getting one of the black friday n3DSs which I think will be a big surprise.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    We got my dad a gift certificate to a photo store, my mom a gift certificate to a spa

I'm making various baked goods for my sister and her boyfriend since she said they'd be happy with that

I got Rachel the Fire Emblem Fates drama CD along with the Phoenix Wright jazz/orchestral cover album

And I'm not really expecting anything. Maybe some gift certificates? I bought some new shoes for myself but those aren't really Christmas presents.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    A friend of mine who came to visit a few weeks back noted my particularly empty liquor cabinet. He said he wanted to make sure I enjoyed my time in the Capital Wasteland, and so he got me:

a 40 of relatively cheap rum
    a shaker with shot measurer
    a stir spoon
    a muddler
    and a 24x36" Nuka Cola poster like this one, which totally works with the vintage/retro sci-fi theme I have going with my wall art in my apartment; I just gotta get a frame for it

I am pretty excited about this stuff, and am going to invest in some good quality mixing ingredients to start learning how to make better cocktails!
    (He also got me a dumb, useless plant, because we have a silly friend tradition where when someone gets a new place, everyone going to the housewarming party buys the same useless plant so we can determine who they care about the most based on which one lives the longest. Last time, I got a series of aloe vera plants. This time it was a "parlour palm tree".)

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    We got my dad a gift certificate to a photo store, my mom a gift certificate to a spa

I'm making various baked goods for my sister and her boyfriend since she said they'd be happy with that

I got Rachel the Fire Emblem Fates drama CD along with the Phoenix Wright jazz/orchestral cover album

And I'm not really expecting anything. Maybe some gift certificates? I bought some new shoes for myself but those aren't really Christmas presents.

My wife and I each have a pair of new sneakers that are going under the tree as Christmas gifts. We went to a going out of business sale and couldn't justify buying them so close to the holidays unless we considered them part of that budget.

I'm pretty excited for them. I'll be 40 in February and under the tree are my first ever pair of Air Jordans. They are flashier than a tubby old fart should probably wear, but I don't care, teenage me would be super impressed.

• Options
    Yeah, I've been meaning to get new shoes for a while now, so it was certainly a worthwhile purchase

And to keep the exciting purchase train rolling, I'm gonna buy another pair of pants for work next!

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I got my eldest $40 in Steam money, some Pokemon cards, a Five Nights at Freddy's (ugh) plush, and a TON of candy.

I got my youngest a voice modulator (which I will regret), some pokemon cards, an appa plush, and a TON of candy.

I got my girlfriend two really great gifts that I won't mention because she knows my forum name and I've been keeping the secret since August!

• Options
    I mean my actual christmas list is like

Two things, really?

A new computer chair that gives good back support and reclines ($200-$300)

And an xbox one elite controller, mainly because it's so much sturdier than a standard controller ($150, though you can get them off eBay for a little cheaper).

That's about it. There are always games I want but I don't really *need* those.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Fiancée got me a laptop and a bunch of plushes. I got her a ring and the photo pass for our disney trip.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I got a sticker so far.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I got my Secret Satan a copy of Dune and a Bad Dragon dildo molded direct from Satan's penis.

Got my pokemon-loving ex roommate an Evee tea mug. Got my other room.mate a hoodie with an octopus on it.

My work secret Santa got a nice scarf, and I bought my whole team fancy nice Christmas mugs as well.

The only gift I've received so far was a 25 gift certificate to cineplex, which I'll put to good use as soon as I beat this fucking cold.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    My sister got me a bronze figure of Avalokiteśvara last year and I'm sure nothing can top that

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    @Sier got me this: https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/421917/encyclopaedia-eorzea-the-world-of-final-fantasy-xiv-book
    It already came in and like hell if I was gonna wait on reading it.

For Sier, I went the cute route and got her a Pumpkaboo plush so she has a pumpkin to put out for Halloween. We don't always have enough space for her to carve a pumpkin each year.
    She ended up picking out a shirt that says "I'm a little spacey."
    Which can be very accurate.

We got @Olorin this adorable Eevee evolution mug.
    She managed to find a Figma Ryuko for me. Now I have the Kill la Kill sisters.

For my brother, Sier and I have a Waluigi amiibo for him. He actually really likes him.

My mom, I'm baking a pumpkin pie. For our dad, my brother and I bought him 2 pounds of good, meat market beef jerky.

For the multitudes of nieces and nephews that Sier and I have, we were able to get them a bunch of nerdy things within their interests.
    A Minecraft book
    A Minecraft plush
    A Thomas the Tank Engine Emily train.
    A Pokemon Handbook
    A Vaporeon Plush
    A holiday Barbie.
    A Diance plush - This is for one of the youngest nieces and my continued subversion of expected gifts to make another nerd.
    And then a 6 month old appropriate picture book.

Granted that's 8 kids, but they scream like 40.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    shutterfly sells these printed waterbottles like this
    tball-water-bottle-amy-renea-shutterfly.jpg

my mother is a big time biker so I got her one with this printed on it(we live in western new york):
    iyzamjX.jpg

I am the best gifter

Jars on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Girlfriend is getting a pair of the Beats Solo 3s to go along with iPhone 7 she got herself, the entire Harry Potter hardcover collection, and the set of Starbucks ceramic holiday mugs (she loves them).

Mom is getting a bluray player and every peanuts bluray I could get my hands on.

Work buddy got a Paul Dini designed Harley Quinn black and white statue and the Batman: The Animated Series Harley Quinn POP that just dropped.

I'm done buying, nothing received yet.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I graduated

My gifts so far are a car and a year of loans paid off

Thank you parents for knowing how compoud intrest would work on a 23 year old bank account

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I got the D&D 5th edition Players Handbook and Monster Manual, and some bomb ass tea as well as all the snacks and some cool enamel pins (I got the Pinny Arcade Lookouts symbol and I love it) from my girlfriend.

I got her a new laptop, some enamel pins, Pokemon Moon and about half a ton of candy.

Got my dad a new toolbox, some beer, some nuts, and a Menards gift card

My mom got Yankee Candles

My sister got some good smelling Bath & Body Works stuff and a gift card

My Brother in law got beer

My Secret Satans got.....GIFTS

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    I bought my family a 10-day vacation at a beach house in South Carolina

I have no idea why they wanted to stay in South Carolina, but hey

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Mom gets a $25 card to Amazon.

Dad gets a $25 card to Lowes so he can buy some special lights.

Brother, who is in the Navy and notoriously hard to shop for, gets a $25 card to Dick's Sporting Goods.

Someday I will have a job that lets me buy something other than gift cards but this is not that job.

Madican on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    So far I have given a copy of the Art of Deus Ex to one of my best friends who is in love with those new games and specifically Adam Jensen. A gift to my satanee (with more to come as soon as I get off my ass), and that's about it. I think if not for Satans I wouldn't really have cause to care about Christmas.

I've recieved the Avatar: The Last Airbender boxset and Dune from The Hanged Man, The usual cash gift from my estranged father and a little something I got for myself today:
    RlutDaUh.jpg
    Also featuring some comics I picked up at Half Price Books

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I got my sister one of these for Christmas and it finally came in today:
    this-is-fine-pluhs-feature.jpg

Shit was a lot less real in July when I backed the kickstarter for it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I bought MY GIRLFRIEND a book and some concert tickets for valentines day. We're also buying new furniture together.

Just pulled the trigger on a wildly overpriced HATCHIMAL for kiddo. 175 bones I'll never get back right there...

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Explain the hatchimal thing to me

I don't understand what the gimmick is

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Totally overshopped this year. Also there are no surprises this year, we each know exactly what we are getting

My wife wanted a new computer I really kinda overspecced it.

I7 processor (we do a lot of large file stuff with photoshop), 32 gb of ram, and a gtx 1070

And she got me a new phone - a OnePlus 3T

*edit

Oh, and most importantly, shes giving me this mug. They ARE good dogs.

Cw7KLzwUAAA4GKo.jpg

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Explain the hatchimal thing to me

I don't understand what the gimmick is

If your kid is bad, you put them into the egg and re-gift them to someone else.

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    My wife and I both bought cars this year, so Christmas is cancelled forever.

Nah, I got her some earrings, my dad a cell phone, my mom an Amazon prime subscription, and my brother a nice coat.

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    My mom will get the new Rolling Stones album and a bunch of relaxing bath oils (she has been going on about some lavender-relaxation tea, and how it helps her sleep, so I'll lean a bit into that), my sister will get a few books off her wishlist!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    My parents are notoriously hard to shop for because my dad constantly buys what he wants and my mom doesn't want anything.

I was still undecided on what to do, until a few days ago when they posted on facebook about getting back into The West Wing and only having the first two seasons.

So, I quickly ordered them the whole series and have been crossing my fingers they didn't get it themselves...

Other than that it's mostly gifts for the nieces and nephews. My extended family wanted to make it kids-only this year, which is fine with us after all the expenses of recently moving.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Got my secret satans gifts sent yesterday, the last of Amy's gifts arrived yesterday in the mail, and we did nearly all of our christmas shopping for friends and family when we were at Disneyland in October.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, I should probably go Xmas shopping on Friday. Pretty sure I am getting my immediate family fun socks, because everybody likes fun socks.

One of our regulars at the bar already gave me an Xbone Elite controller because I mentioned I wanted one for my PC. I really do not deserve anything else.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    My family agreed to stop doing presents this year. Which is good, but I keep getting this momentary panic where I think "shit I haven't done any christmas shopping!" before I remember that I don't need to.

Have bought my new nephew a cuddly toy. Which his parents probably won't let him play with because it is from Africa and therefore does not conform to necessary safety standards, but oh well.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    For my dad I'm pretty set, he's getting a robe and a griddle

For my mom I only have some CDs she specifically asked for and some CDs she used to own and can't find which I'm sure she will like but I want to try and find some sort of thoughtful centerpiece gift, I'm thinking a nice scarf but I have to make sure nobody else got her one

Same for my sister, I got her pokemon but I gave it to her back when the games came out and I would be lame if I let that count, I also got her some earrings but again I feel like I'm missing a good "main" gift, maybe a board game?

Gotta come up with something for the boyfriend too, last year I got him a little plastic bear figure and then painted suspenders on it but I don't have any new ideas for this year and just painting a different model would be lame as heck

2x39jD4.jpg