As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Options for Standing at My Desk

witch_iewitch_ie Registered User regular
I work from home and have a mahogany desk that I love. On that desk, I have both my work station (aka monitor, docking station, keyboard, and mouse) and my play station (aka awesome monitor, keyboard, and mouse for gaming). While I'm working, I would like to sometimes be able to stand without having to move my equipment to a different location, so I'm looking at adjustable desktop risers to find one that will fit the space I have. I've looked at some of them on Amazon, but wanted to ask if anyone has found a solution to this that they love that will allow me to keep my desk, and be able to stand occasionally while working my computer.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Something like this?

Monitor Stand thing from off of Amazon

edit: or do you mean raising your work surface too, and not just the screens?

Xaquin on
  • Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    Our team got Ergotron Workfit T models a couple years ago, and I love it.
    http://www.ergotron.com/en-us/products/product-details/33-397#/
    Quickly and easily adjustable to either sit or stand, and enough space/weight limit to put a couple monitors on it.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Something like this?

Monitor Stand thing from off of Amazon

edit: or do you mean raising your work surface too, and not just the screens?

You can get something similar to this that also has a keyboard tray and can raise your keyboard/mouse. It's really the second best thing to getting a new desk that's actually designed to go from sit to stand.

I'd be wary of any of the desktop sit to stands which is what it sounds like you are looking for. Most of them are pretty bad ergonomically speaking as they are rarely good while you are both sitting and standing (they tend to make your workstation too tall while sitting unless you purposely lower your actual desk's height).

LostNinja on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    If you want to go cheap to try it out then you could look at Oristand. It's cardboard and collapsible, so it's easy to set up or take down. Reasonably sturdy for what it is.

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Daenris wrote: »
    Our team got Ergotron Workfit T models a couple years ago, and I love it.
    http://www.ergotron.com/en-us/products/product-details/33-397#/
    Quickly and easily adjustable to either sit or stand, and enough space/weight limit to put a couple monitors on it.

I used to have one of these and would definitely recommend it, but they're pretty expensive. I think ball park like four, five hundred.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I think they were about 300-350 max when we ordered them through CDW though not sure how big our institutional discount is.

Edit: though just checked there and yeah, they're like 440. Still worth it imo if I needed to buy one for home, but depends on the budget.

Daenris on