As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fear [The Walking Thread]]: Also fear SPOILERS, of which there are many in here!

1103104105106107109»

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    re: Michonne
    Are you talking about the girl she captured? Yeah I'm pretty sure she put a bullet in her. Probably best for her anyway.

• Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Are you talking about the girl she captured? Yeah I'm pretty sure she put a bullet in her. Probably best for her anyway.
    I would think so too....but that's cold. Murdering a captive is different that fighting off some bad guys, or even staging a pre-emptive attack. We saw how much the show debated the pre-emptive attack, and the how they dealt with the consequences of that.

It'd be kinda cheap for Michonne to through that crisis all on her own without showing any of it.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    I would think so too....but that's cold. Murdering a captive is different that fighting off some bad guys, or even staging a pre-emptive attack. We saw how much the show debated the pre-emptive attack, and the how they dealt with the consequences of that.

It'd be kinda cheap for Michonne to through that crisis all on her own without showing any of it.
    Nah if she's with Negan's group she more than likely did something much worse than what Michonne did to her. It sounded like the girl wanted Michonne to kill her. She basically told her to.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Speaking of Michonne, did her captive take her to Negan's real HQ? That road intersection didn't look like the big school building Carl was at.

sig.gif
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Another thing that bugs me. How did Negan know that the bullet was home-made? Especially if, as in the comics, he's a PE teacher. Where the hell did he learn to instantly recognize real vs. home-made bullets at a glance from a few feet away?

sig.gif
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    it definitely looked home made edit: and I'm not a bullet expert

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Now I know what Walking Dead reminds me of, and why I stopped watching it: Hobo With a Shotgun. Both are hopless, nihilistic meat grinders that turn human beings into mulch.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    yyQ9Fv4.jpg

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I feel like a lot of the Walking Dead could be fixed by firing Scott Gimple.

It's hard. Because the ratings will protect him.

And the people running the channel don't give a shit about creative quality, just results.

But it needs someone who knows what they are doing to lead the way. Look at Dexter when Scott Buck got a hold of Dexter. A bad showrunner can tank the whole fucking thing.

Personally, I feel like most problems with TWD can be traced to stretching too much story over too many episodes. Like, goddamn, they -can- make quality shit - we know they can. The premieres and finales are consistently good. Everything drags in the middle of a half-season, though.

Like, in the next arc, I fully expect a character's journey which spanned the whole of a page to be drawn out over an entire episode.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    I feel like a lot of the Walking Dead could be fixed by firing Scott Gimple.

It's hard. Because the ratings will protect him.

And the people running the channel don't give a shit about creative quality, just results.

But it needs someone who knows what they are doing to lead the way. Look at Dexter when Scott Buck got a hold of Dexter. A bad showrunner can tank the whole fucking thing.

Personally, I feel like most problems with TWD can be traced to stretching too much story over too many episodes. Like, goddamn, they -can- make quality shit - we know they can. The premieres and finales are consistently good. Everything drags in the middle of a half-season, though.

Like, in the next arc, I fully expect a character's journey which spanned the whole of a page to be drawn out over an entire episode.

But that's where a good team can make the difference. GoT isn't perfect but it's generally good at excising what isn't essential due to running time rather than padding it out over multiple episodes, and it's vastly superior in following multiple characters rather than completely avoiding entire groups of characters for an entire episode to focus on fucking Tara.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »
    Another thing that bugs me. How did Negan know that the bullet was home-made? Especially if, as in the comics, he's a PE teacher. Where the hell did he learn to instantly recognize real vs. home-made bullets at a glance from a few feet away?

He used to be a PE teacher, now he's been a warlord for a couple of years. I'm sure he's seen plenty of bullets, and it wouldn't be too surprising if he noticed one didn't look quite right, with its really visible crimping.

Wouldn't be too surprising if shooting was a pre-apocalypse hobby and he had been around ammo even longer than that. Hell, some people in real life even use their own homemade ammo and it's not too unreasonable for him to have seen some before.

• Options
    SiskaSiska Shorty Registered User regular
    I'm so amazed that Rosita is still alive. Not even taken captive or anything.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Siska wrote: »
    I'm so amazed that Rosita is still alive. Not even taken captive or anything.

Uh-oh, your hope is returning, you know what that means.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    I still like TWD, and when it's good, it's some of the most entertaining TV on. The only real problem I have with it is that they've now gotten married to the idea of doing two 8 ep. half seasons each year regardless of whether they have the story for it. I blame Breaking Bad's final season, which led them to do it on Mad Men too.

So they have to try to come up with a good spot to end each half season, and then fill in 8 episodes, and they never have the material for it. The Tara episode in this mid season was by far one of the worst in the entire series for me. They always have one or two of these filler episodes in each mid season and it's so lame.

Pretty sure the back half of this season is going to be like this:
    6 episodes of various progression toward Maggie taking over Hilltop, the Kingdom people finding out about the Saviors, and Rick convincing everybody to fight together.
    2 episodes of complete shit filler. There will likely be an entire episode of Carol realizing that she can come back from going crazy and fight to protect her friends without being such a maniac. There will probably be an entire episode of Dwight deciding to leave the Saviors, but I could see that one being good if done right.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    TWDs problem feels more like they want to keep using the comic for inspiration rather than going too far out on their own.

So something that works great in a 2-3 episodes ends up lasting a whole season.

Which is fine, but, they need to fill the gaps with something other than boring transposition.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    TWD returns tonight! Probably a good time for a new thread.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Premiere
    Morgan: I finally realized I had to act and I saved carol
    Morgan next scene: we should talk it out.

PICK A THESIS STATEMENT.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I thought the premiere was pretty good. Sets up the rest of the season well enough.
    Maggie and Sasha taking Hilltop from old man mc'whatshisface seems like logical progression. King Ezekiel denying to help even after being convinced by like 2-3 of his own people seems weird, but I guess less blood is still better in his eyes. Rick and co's reaction to Tiger and the Kingdom in general was pretty great. The TNT scene was super tense, but didn't really click for me. It just seemed like a danger-zone for the sake of having it for the premiere. Loved the clothes-line effect from the two cars driving though. That was epic.

Uhm, but where the hell is Gabriel going? Why would he go back to the boat that Rick and Aaron already looted? Now there's ANOTHER community besides the other five(?) spotted in this small-ish area? How many could possibly be living in secret here?

Edit - Also some great one-liners this episode too:
    "We both had sex with the same dead guy, that doesn't make us friends"

"Try to convince them to help us, or just... stare him into submission, whatever works."

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Yeah, I rolled my eyes hard at another group coming out of the woodwork, especially one this big and well armed. I hope this gets pulled off well, but I really don't expect it to.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I'm guessing it's the fishing village from a few episodes back.
    The one's that tried to go up against the saviors and lost all their men?

I mean, they seemed well armed and equipped when Tara stumbled across them.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    see317 wrote: »

That was my first thought, but that's not it.
    First of all, there were men in the group with the guns.

Second of all, if you don't mind some very minor next episode spoilers
    the description of next episode heavily implies they're new, describing them as a "mysterious collective" unlike anything Rick and co have ever come across. Also, there are a number of "Also starring" characters who are set to appear for the first time next episode, including one who's been explicitly described as a leader.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    see317 wrote: »

That was my first thought, but that's not it.
    First of all, there were men in the group with the guns.

Second of all, if you don't mind some very minor next episode spoilers
    the description of next episode heavily implies they're new, describing them as a "mysterious collective" unlike anything Rick and co have ever come across. Also, there are a number of "Also starring" characters who are set to appear for the first time next episode, including one who's been explicitly described as a leader.
    I assume this is the boot person we've been seeing, but uuuuuugh.

It feels like they just randomly had Gabriel run off so that they could run into this new group. It came out of nowhere.

Line delivery I really liked
    Jesus: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the uh-
    Rick: The Tiger?

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Thought the premiere was pretty decent.
    I don't like when they do those tense music please audience feel tension scenes like with the explosives when it was obvious there were no real stakes there but it's whatever.

I'm glad they went straight to having them try to get Hilltop/Kingdom to help go against the Saviors. Makes me wonder if we might actually see some of all out war this 8 episode stretch rather than just setup for it. Probably not though.

I felt like it's obvious what gets the Kingdom to act. The group that just left Alexandria goes to the kingdom, goes inside showing Ezekiel that he's being naive as shit thinking that the saviors aren't going to come inside, just like Daryl said "how long you think that's gonna last?" Gonna guess that they kill tall lacrosse pads man who has been pushing Ezekiel to act against the saviors and they reveal that young kid protege's dad died to Lucille causing that kid to blow up on Ezekiel about hiding everything from his people, bla bla and that'll be what gets Ezekiel to help against them.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    madparrot wrote: »
    TWD returns tonight! Probably a good time for a new thread.

Would you like to make one? Go for it. This one's been shambling a bit too long.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Oops sorry meant to batsignal you @madparrot

This discussion has been closed.