As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Heroes: Part 2, The Revengeance

• blackranger3dblackranger3d Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Noah is now my personal Jesus.

He is so badass. Powers I don't need no stinking powers.

One question why...
    ...maybe I have not thought of this enough yet, but why is Adam such a threat. He essentially is a highlander, without the allergy to having his head removed.

Oh and Matt is a dick.

blackranger3d on
    BOOM SHACK A LAKA
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    I think it was pretty obvious at this point. I mean, they're not going to go back in time and rip off his hood just so they can 100% show it was him, so they might as well come out and say it and stop people on the internet from killing each other trying to argue it was someone else.

I just want to say..... :P

Sharp101 on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    I think it was pretty obvious at this point. I mean, they're not going to go back in time and rip off his hood just so they can 100% show it was him, so they might as well come out and say it and stop people on the internet from killing each other trying to argue it was someone else.

ITT Scooter got owned :)

Anyway this episode was pretty good, I still hate West and was hoping he died when Elle shot them down. I'm looking forward to a Peter/Hiro show down next week.

smokmnky on
  • Lostprophet8Lostprophet8 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I see Matt becoming a bad guy in the near future. We already saw how he can be a nasty guy in the "future" episode in the first season.

I'm liking wes more, but all that means is he has gone from hated to neutral.

Hiro is becoming more and more badass. But I have my doubts about him vs. Peter. He probably has more control over his abilities, but Peter can do it too, and alot more. Did they ever say what Hiro's dad's powers were? Obviously not flying, time control, or regeneration.

About Adam being a problem. He has been alive for a while. He has had plenty of time to learn many things, and is still in peak physical condition. He is good at manipulating people to do what he wants. Personally, I really like the character so far.

Lostprophet8 on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh thank god for that ending right before the credits I was going to be SOOOO pissed.

Bucketman on
  • Dance CommanderDance Commander Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    In the context of Peter vs. Hiro, having really excellent control over time travel, which is such a dominant power, could probably trump Peter's extremely shitty control over a whole menagerie.

Dance Commander on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    smokmnky wrote: »

ITT Scooter got owned :)

:(

This ep was really good, even if I did get a major ownage.

Scooter on
  • AlephAleph Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So is Matt even more powerful than his father now or what? I don't remember the father having total mind control, just illusions.

Aleph on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ok, thoughts. Since they brought him back and seem to be a bit nicer, do you think Noah might work with them again? Also, since apparently Claire's blood can bring the dead back to life, can they bring back DL? Or beyond that, anyone who died? What do you think is the limit on that?

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2007
    In the context of Peter vs. Hiro, having really excellent control over time travel, which is such a dominant power, could probably trump Peter's extremely shitty control over a whole menagerie.

Yeah, Hiro can ruin basically anyone's shit. If Sylar ever gets that power though...

Tube on
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ok, thoughts. Since they brought him back and seem to be a bit nicer, do you think Noah might work with them again? Also, since apparently Claire's blood can bring the dead back to life, can they bring back DL? Or beyond that, anyone who died? What do you think is the limit on that?

I would guess the blood still has to be able to circulate, so ideally a heartbeat though I guess a pump could maybe stand in for it?

Or... there has to be usable energy reserves in the cells for the healing to occur? ATP I mean. I believe that too long after death this would break down and be unusable, and since even super-healing-cells need energy to divide that would be a show-stopper.

Also, how long the brain had been dead for is a factor. Once the brain starts to decay, information is lost irretrievably (rather than the blocks that the Haitian seems to be placing on memories). So you might be alive but you're brain-damaged.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
    edited November 2007
    There's no way Bennet had a heartbeat. I'd imagine it'll be something sensible like "within 24 hours of death"

Tube on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    See you're all assuming that Claire's blood had any effect.
    It's all just coincidence. He willed himself back to life.
    He's that awesome.

The Muffin Man on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Aleph wrote: »
    So is Matt even more powerful than his father now or what? I don't remember the father having total mind control, just illusions.

I figured the mind control leads into the illusions. (First you're telling them what to do, then you're telling them what they see)

Undead Scottsman on
  • MAD!MAD! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm just glad something is actually happening now. But my problem with the show is that its too "subtle"
    Now hear me out. What is HEROES at its core? A SUPERHERO show. BUT what do we not have? Superheroing. I don't mean we have to see them running round in spandex, but I do want to see something besides them just chasing each other and the company etc.
    Lets see them be SUPERHEROS. The point is they can do things others cannot. example, DL getting the kid out of the fire. I'm tired of seeing what PEOPLE with POWERS would be like in the REAL WORLD. ie, X-men movie, Batman Begins. They make excuses like not wearing costumes saying things like "what would you prefer yellow spandex" which to me is a slap in the face of all the readers out there. Its a "We don't care that its YOU who made these characters popular and gave us the ability to put out this movie, in fact we will do whatever we want and actually insult you bunch of whiners"

Sorry getting off topic. As I was saying. Lets see them become a bit more public, lets have them rescuing people. stopping crimes and yeah put on a mask so they cant be identified when they do. It doesn't have to become masks, capes and costumes but they could at least give us some of that.

Lastly let me say that I DO like the show I'm not crying it down, just my personal feelings.

MAD! on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Heroes is Lost with superpowers. It's not about superheroes or superheroics, it's about baiting you into watching the next episode.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This show has absolutely nothing in common with Lost beyond an ensemble cast and the wide genre they both fall into.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I find the pacing and the story-telling to be extremely similar to Lost, but that's me - YMMV

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited November 2007
    Ringo wrote: »
    I find the pacing and the story-telling to be extremely similar to Lost, but that's me - YMMV

Heroes jumps from one character viewpoint to the next with at least 3 characters being featured in a given episode. The tone and setting of each of the character's storylines often differ a great deal, and the impact of one storyline on another is seldom felt until the characters meet, if they ever meet.

Lost centers every episode prior to the finale on a single character and employs flashbacks. The stories that don't take place in flashbacks all share the same setting, and this often results in one storyline having an immediate effect upon another, save for when the impact is stalled for dramatic effect or the storyline can be considered self-contained and unimportant to the greater mythology of the show.

Finally, whereas Heroes resolves almost all major mysteries within an arc, Lost is planning to draw many things out until the conclusion of the series several years from now.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Lostprophet8Lostprophet8 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Soooooooooooo, I was thinking, we have seen Adam's blood fix Nathan, and Claire's blood saved Noah. If the company had Adam for 30 years, shouldn't they have taken plenty of Adam's blood?

Maybe it is Adam's blood that causes the plague, and that is why the rest of the previous generation of heroes fear him.

Lostprophet8 on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Soooooooooooo, I was thinking, we have seen Adam's blood fix Nathan, and Claire's blood saved Noah. If the company had Adam for 30 years, shouldn't they have taken plenty of Adam's blood?

Maybe it is Adam's blood that causes the plague, and that is why the rest of the previous generation of heroes fear him.

Perhaps he's like Omega Red, who can actually "drain" life(without leaving a trace, or making them look "sucked dry") from someone?

Maybe when they synthesized his blood, thinking he was just regenerating, they stumble upon the virus?

Or Adam's just a dick with regenerative powers well beyond that of Claire. Who knows.

The Muffin Man on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    There must be a reason why they are so scared of him. Regeneration is neat and all, but not really all that scary. Given a bit of coordination he would be easily overcome/captured, and even if he can't be killed he can certainly be contained.

I mean... hit him on the head and tie him to a chair, and he's pretty much done. There are lots of options for killing him to be tried, including incinerating his body completely ala Terminator 1, encasing him in concrete and throwing him into the Mariana Trench or even just getting the Hatian to dampen his powers and then exsanguinate him (since it's his blood that heals him). Or a combination of the three :D

Unless there is something more to his powers yet to be revealed, which there pretty much has to be.

Edit: If Matt's powers can mature, it makes sense that others would to. Who knows how much Claires ability would change given 400 years to mature. As suggested, it could give you the ability to suck the life out of others. Another interesting possibility would be cloning yourself... if you chop off his head would he grow a new head or a new body, or both? Claire managed to regrow a new pinky toe, perhaps with time to mature that pinky toe would grow a new claire.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Virral wrote: »
    There must be a reason why they are so scared of him. Regeneration is neat and all, but not really all that scary. Given a bit of coordination he would be easily overcome/captured, and even if he can't be killed he can certainly be contained.

I mean... hit him on the head and tie him to a chair, and he's pretty much done. There are lots of options for killing him to be tried, including incinerating his body completely ala Terminator 1, encasing him in concrete and throwing him into the Mariana Trench or even just getting the Hatian to dampen his powers and then exsanguinate him (since it's his blood that heals him). Or a combination of the three :D

Unless there is something more to his powers yet to be revealed, which there pretty much has to be.

Edit: If Matt's powers can mature, it makes sense that others would to. Who knows how much Claires ability would change given 400 years to mature. As suggested, it could give you the ability to suck the life out of others. Another interesting possibility would be cloning yourself... if you chop off his head would he grow a new head or a new body, or both? Claire managed to regrow a new pinky toe, perhaps with time to mature that pinky toe would grow a new claire.
    I hereby predict a rule 34 fanfic about Claire meeting pinky toe Claire. Would you hop in?

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Only if Hiro is involved.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • lordhacklordhack Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Why is Adam so scary?
    Imagine you were 400 years old.
    Imagine you were in tip top shape.
    Imagine during those 400 years you had time to amass a fortune worth billions of dollars.
    Read a Batman comic.

lordhack on
    Arkham Bed and Breakfast for the Criminally Insane, Convenient to City, Office open 24 hours. Call for reservations or visit our web page.
    Isn't my sig pic awesome?
    edited November 2007
    Put it another way:

He's Vandal Savage. And you don't fuck with Vandal Savage lightly.

bobgorila on

Anally.
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    bobgorila wrote: »
    Put it another way:

He's Vandal Savage. And you don't fuck with Vandal Savage lightly.

do you fuck with him hardly?

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
    edited November 2007
    I mean it is not something to be undertaken lightly.

Though yes, fuck with him hard? Do not miss the bear, is what I am saying.

bobgorila on

Anally.
  • HiravaxisHiravaxis Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yay! One twin down!

Hiravaxis on
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Lordy, everyone in this episode was so stupid.
    I knew Alejandro could speak english. God, I knew it. What happens? He goes out like an idiot. He knew Sylar was a killer, he already confessed to wanting to kill the both of them. But yeah, great idea to go pick a fight with a psycho. Completely 100% the best idea. Oops, he had a knife. Bye Alejandro. You were superfluous now, anyways.

Okay, so Monica could climb up into the window, but didn't have enough sense to climb back out when those thugs showed up? I was screaming in my head: just wait 'til they get in the front door, and go back the way you came! *sigh* Nope. Not even smart enough to zip up the backpack so nothing falls out.

Peter, Peter, Peter... can't think for a moment, can you? Everybody is telling you this Adam guy is bad news. Maybe, just maybe you could question that? You may feel indebted to the guy for being your buddy for months in prison, and helping your bro out, but really... can you take some time and ask a few questions? And- oh yeah- Hiro can control his time travelling a lot better than you can. Maybe he can, I don't know, help you find your time-lost girlfriend? You might not want to zap him just yet.

Gah- Mohinder. I used to like you. You were an idealist. You were smart. Now? Holy god I want to strangle you. For the sake of all that's holy- CALL FUCKING MATT!!! Oh, and really- don't tell Sylar you have a cure for him in your bag. That'd be... oh- thanks, previews for next week, for pre-cogging even more Mohinder stupidity.

Claire? Had enough. Very little of her, and that's fine.

I do want to see how this all plays out, though. Can't wait for next week.

Tach on
  • AlephAleph Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The first time Micah showed Monica the comic, I was hoping we'd see her become a real costumed superhero. Looks like that's not the case anymore :(

Aleph on
    edited November 2007
    Nah- Issac wrote and drew her in 9th Wonders as a hero. It'll happen. He painted the future, and has been mostly accurate. I'm sure it'll be okay.

Tach on
  • blackranger3dblackranger3d Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Tach wrote: »
    Lordy, everyone in this episode was so stupid.
    I knew Alejandro could speak english. God, I knew it. What happens? He goes out like an idiot. He knew Sylar was a killer, he already confessed to wanting to kill the both of them. But yeah, great idea to go pick a fight with a psycho. Completely 100% the best idea. Oops, he had a knife. Bye Alejandro. You were superfluous now, anyways.

Okay, so Monica could climb up into the window, but didn't have enough sense to climb back out when those thugs showed up? I was screaming in my head: just wait 'til they get in the front door, and go back the way you came! *sigh* Nope. Not even smart enough to zip up the backpack so nothing falls out.

Peter, Peter, Peter... can't think for a moment, can you? Everybody is telling you this Adam guy is bad news. Maybe, just maybe you could question that? You may feel indebted to the guy for being your buddy for months in prison, and helping your bro out, but really... can you take some time and ask a few questions? And- oh yeah- Hiro can control his time travelling a lot better than you can. Maybe he can, I don't know, help you find your time-lost girlfriend? You might not want to zap him just yet.

Gah- Mohinder. I used to like you. You were an idealist. You were smart. Now? Holy god I want to strangle you. For the sake of all that's holy- CALL FUCKING MATT!!! Oh, and really- don't tell Sylar you have a cure for him in your bag. That'd be... oh- thanks, previews for next week, for pre-cogging even more Mohinder stupidity.

Claire? Had enough. Very little of her, and that's fine.

I do want to see how this all plays out, though. Can't wait for next week.

My brain hurts from all the stupidity in this episode.

Monica, monica monica....I had high hopes for that one...but no. Just another punk (so far anyway).

Mohinder needs to be shot in the head, multiple times. Revived with Claire's blood and then shot again.

Adam's other super power must be to hold a grudge.
    Come on 400 years age someone steals your girlfriend so you decide to kill him, his familly and yay the whole planet.

And peter ..... just um ..... wow.

blackranger3d on
    BOOM SHACK A LAKA
    edited November 2007
    Adam has given no indication that his motivation involves Hiro in any way.

Tube on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I love how Monica got knocked the fuck out before being thrown into the van.

Sharp101 on
    edited November 2007
    I think it'd be hilarious if the climactic fight between Adam and Hiro has Hiro ranting about everything Adam has done only for Adam to say, "Who are you again? Everything past 200 years ago is sort of a blur."

But with only one episode to go, if Adam had a motive beyond what has been shown we probably would have seen it by now.
    I love how Monica got knocked the fuck out before being thrown into the van.

I can't think of a single reason they would stuff her in a van besides, you know, rape. I mean, it's not like they're super-villains or henchmen. Are we supposed to believe they're taking her to their hideout for interrogation?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited November 2007
    Adam's current motivation might not be simply to screw over Hiro- but his betrayal 400 years ago is what set him on the path of dickheadedness.

Now, killing off most of the population for the good of the world might be his main plan, but giving Hiro the bums rush while doing so would be pretty satisfying- especially after 400 years.

Tach on
  • uscwameruscwamer Registered User new member
    edited November 2007
    Someone mentioned that Adam is like Vandal Savage, and i agree the he resembles him, but i find him to be more Ra's Al Ghul-ish. Vandal likes to control and destroy through war and by attaining power, but Ra's just wants to purify the earth.

Part of my problem with this season is that nothing is adding up to anything particularly focused or satisfying. It's just a bunch of poor character moments where nothing happens.

I'm incredibly excited for the moment when Sylar admits to Maya he's crazy, she does her terrible acting of yelling and looking confused and he fucking eats her poor actress brains. I want them to show it, don't cut away. I FUCKING NEED TO SEE HER BRAIN SPLATTERED EVERYWHERE for the god awfulness i've had to endure form her so far this season. Sorry..it's just really frustrating how bad this season is. We were promised that the latter episodes would learn some lessons from how much the earliest episodes sucked. Clearly this isn't the case.

Why do they waste everyone who is actually interesting?

Adrian Pasdar has been in Ireland for almost the same amount of time it took the Immigrants to get from Mexico to Virginia. WHAT HAPPENED? Give him something to do, please.

Richard Roundtree, so what if he died last season..BRING HIM BACK!

D.L. did not need to die, he was a positive African American character, who played the role of a strong guiding force for Micah. Who without him, is left with stereotypical black family post-Katrina.

Problems with last nights episode:

The inevitable gangbang implied by Monica's being captured.

The flatness of Claire's suffering. The terrible dialogue between her and West, who is beyond saving and needs to go away. The complete reset of her relationship with her father at the beginning of this season damns this plotline from having a really strong ending. If that hadn't happened perhaps her missing him would have been more effective. Instead they opted for regret over her "telling him she hated him" which was unrealistic in the first place. For anyone who watched Season One and the scene on the dam where H.R.G. took the bullet from the Haitian to think that their relationship could so quickly fall apart is ridiculous.

Peter being an idiot. While i expect him to have some trust for Adam, seeing as how they spent 3 months together. If you're frozen in time with Hiro, WHO YOU KNOW IS AN HONEST AND TRUSTWORTHY GUY, why wouldnt you take the extra time to discuss what's going on. Especially after Joanna Cassidy shot him, speaking of which, why didn't you READ HER MIND as to why she hates Adam. Weren't you at least suspicious? Stupid moments they could easily write around organically, but they don't.

The good things:

I'm incredibly excited for the moment when Sylar admits to Maya he's crazy, she does her terrible acting of yelling and looking confused and he fucking eats her poor actress brains. I want them to show it, don't cut away. Still it won't be satisfying for me to see that, because i've had to suffer too much from that terrible storyline and her awful acting. The wierd part being Claire's car that was stolen. Why were they always sweaty when it's a brand new car? The A/C should work, but that's just me being picky i guess. Sorry..it's just really frustrating how bad this season is. We were promised that the latter episodes would learn some lessons from how much the earliest episodes sucked. Clearly this isn't the case.

I'm sorry i just happened to see this thread and my hatred for what they've done this season is without limits. I've barely touched upon all the issues i have, the ways to correct them, or just how insulting the mistakes they have committed are. My passion for Season 1 was only eclipsed(no pun intended) by my excitement for Season 2. Heroes has the concept to go out in broad and new direction, while paying homage to a litany of source material millions around the world love, opening new audiences to really new concepts and ideas. So it sickens me to read interviews by Tim Kring where he apologizes, in a sense blames the audience, and then shows his limited mindset to merely create a formula for seasons and then repeat them.

RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uscwamer on
    edited November 2007
    Anyone read the last two comics?

Jamie Madrox >> *

bobgorila on

Anally.
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So it says that next week
    2 heroes will fall.
    It looks like they kill Hiro off. Which would piss me off to no end.
    And I'm guessing Mohinder is properly fucked. Which I'm OK with

Bucketman on