As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]an Ibrahimovic

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    simonwolf

How possible does a Zunist Iceland sound

I'm trying to think of how you could make it happen. You'd need to capture a Zunist concubine very, very early and hope she could heritage out your heir, without getting rid of the Norse culture, since you need that for sea raids. Unless you just made a custom dude, in which case all bets are off.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    You pull a knife on your partner at any point during a relationship, you generally deserve the nicknames you earn :P

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    My coworker got her degree today. I'm at her graduation party. Girls are ooing and aahing over my red wing boots. One girl made me lift my foot and poked her boyfriend, YOU NEED TO WEAR STUFF LIKE THAT

did... did I just cuck him with my left foot

You have been used as a weapon

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    My coworker got her degree today. I'm at her graduation party. Girls are ooing and aahing over my red wing boots. One girl made me lift my foot and poked her boyfriend, YOU NEED TO WEAR STUFF LIKE THAT

That's a working mans foot there cuck.

I wonder when cuck overtook femdom as the go to altright insult.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

*nods proudly*

steam_sig.png
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    Jeez, so a good friend of mine just had a relationship of 4 years implode on her and it was soooorrrrrrrrta her fault?

About 4 years ago she met this dude in her first year of university. He wasn't a student, he worked full time. After a year of dating, they moved in together. After a year of living together (so the second year of their relationship), their schedules became such that they barely saw each other, school became her entire life plus she had a part time job, and his work consumed his, and their schedules were opposites. They'd have like, one day off together maybe every two weeks, and they'd be so exhausted on those days they'd really not want to do anything and would just want to decompress (or she'd have to spend those days studying anyway).

This went on for another couple years, and their relationship cooled. Their sex life became practically non-existent, and they pretty much turned into roommates who were technically in a relationship. They weren't shitty with each other, but they were both pretty lonely and unhappy with this situation.

So about eight months ago, she got the idea to "open the relationship" and make it polyamorous. They'd still be together, and live together, but they'd be allowed to date other people whose schedules fit their lives better. He wasn't in favor of it at first, and for a while believed it was just a prelude to her breaking up with him. But, eventually he agreed and they tried it out.

It went alright for him. He met women online and went on some casual dates. He also started dating a girl from work.

For her, nnnnnot so much. It turns out, while there's a giant swath of dudes who are willing to date you if you're blatantly cheating on your SO with them, they're not willing to date you if you're an openly polyamrous woman and your boyfriend is cool with it. She felt like her only solution was to lie, either to lie and say she was cheating on her boyfriend, or lie about her boyfriend not existing (de facto cheating on the guy she was dating, basically, by not informing him that she's still with her existing SO, really). Both sucked, and she hated it.

When she didn't meet guys who had a problem with her polyamory, she met dudes who were too into her polyamory and assumed it came with a bunch of other stuff that for her, it didn't? Like, they assumed she was bisexual (she isn't, she's hetero) or into BDSM (she's not), or into some MFM action (she is not).

So after eight months of this failed experiment (for her, for him it's been great!), she wanted to close the relationship, return to monogamy, seek out couples counseling and try to make their relationship work and find time for each other, etc.

He said no, she's being selfish, that is wrong of her to open this up and then try to close it purely because it's not working out for her, etc.

There are people on this forum who may agree with him, idk. I'm not super duper interested in having that debate?

Anyway, the conclusion they ended up coming to was, it was best for them to end the relationship. He moved out, ended up moving in with the girl from work he was dating, and now she is alone and depressed.

Right now, she is in pain and hurting and I am not going to point out hey, maybe the part where you tried to convince him to go to couples counselling and work on your schedules and make the relationship work should've been your first move instead of treating polyamory as a band-aid, huh.

But like, at a future point, if it's clear she hasn't come to that conclusion herself and purely blames him, as her friend we might have to have a talk about that.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I like Nerve so far and Dave Franco hasn't even shown up yet.

And I like Dave Franco.

I have a lot of respect for actors that manage to literally repulse me, like Robert Deniro in This Boys Life and Dave Franco in Scrubs.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited December 2016
    Pony wrote: »
    Jeez, so a good friend of mine just had a relationship of 4 years implode on her and it was soooorrrrrrrrta her fault?

About 4 years ago she met this dude in her first year of university. He wasn't a student, he worked full time. After a year of dating, they moved in together. After a year of living together (so the second year of their relationship), their schedules became such that they barely saw each other, school became her entire life plus she had a part time job, and his work consumed his, and their schedules were opposites. They'd have like, one day off together maybe every two weeks, and they'd be so exhausted on those days they'd really not want to do anything and would just want to decompress (or she'd have to spend those days studying anyway).

This went on for another couple years, and their relationship cooled. Their sex life became practically non-existent, and they pretty much turned into roommates who were technically in a relationship. They weren't shitty with each other, but they were both pretty lonely and unhappy with this situation.

So about eight months ago, she got the idea to "open the relationship" and make it polyamorous. They'd still be together, and live together, but they'd be allowed to date other people whose schedules fit their lives better. He wasn't in favor of it at first, and for a while believed it was just a prelude to her breaking up with him. But, eventually he agreed and they tried it out.

It went alright for him. He met women online and went on some casual dates. He also started dating a girl from work.

For her, nnnnnot so much. It turns out, while there's a giant swath of dudes who are willing to date you if you're blatantly cheating on your SO with them, they're not willing to date you if you're an openly polyamrous woman and your boyfriend is cool with it. She felt like her only solution was to lie, either to lie and say she was cheating on her boyfriend, or lie about her boyfriend not existing (de facto cheating on the guy she was dating, basically, by not informing him that she's still with her existing SO, really). Both sucked, and she hated it.

When she didn't meet guys who had a problem with her polyamory, she met dudes who were too into her polyamory and assumed it came with a bunch of other stuff that for her, it didn't? Like, they assumed she was bisexual (she isn't, she's hetero) or into BDSM (she's not), or into some MFM action (she is not).

So after eight months of this failed experiment (for her, for him it's been great!), she wanted to close the relationship, return to monogamy, seek out couples counseling and try to make their relationship work and find time for each other, etc.

He said no, she's being selfish, that is wrong of her to open this up and then try to close it purely because it's not working out for her, etc.

There are people on this forum who may agree with him, idk. I'm not super duper interested in having that debate?

Anyway, the conclusion they ended up coming to was, it was best for them to end the relationship. He moved out, ended up moving in with the girl from work he was dating, and now she is alone and depressed.

Right now, she is in pain and hurting and I am not going to point out hey, maybe the part where you tried to convince him to go to couples counselling and work on your schedules and make the relationship work should've been your first move instead of treating polyamory as a band-aid, huh.

But like, at a future point, if it's clear she hasn't come to that conclusion herself and purely blames him, as her friend we might have to have a talk about that.

*feels relief in mistaken belief that it is impossible for two people to actually like one another. *

How can you be in what's essentially a dead relationship for 3 years? I just don't understand.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I think that's the longest and most complex post where I've felt comfortable just clicking agree without providing additional commentary or disclaimer.

• navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Pony, nobody was at fault in the strict sense. I think their relationship was petering out on its own and she should be encouraged to accept that.

Curious: If you're dating multiple women named Amy at the same time, would it be untoward to call your relationship/sex life "polyamyorous"?

BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I think that's the longest and most complex post where I've felt comfortable just clicking agree without providing additional commentary or disclaimer.

Way to ruin it.

steam_sig.png
    Drez wrote: »
    Curious: If you're dating multiple women named Amy at the same time, would it be untoward to call your relationship/sex life "polyamyorous"?

"Hello, the Hague? Yes, yes I found one. Yes... yes I'll hold."

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

Yes

And if you're a shepherd and you love more than one of your flock,

You're polylamborous

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Everybody here is a lot better friend than I am.

I don't think I would ever let someone live "being a sore loser at poly" down.

hmm what should I get to eat before everything closes

Or should I eat vodka and chicken broth like an adult

steam_sig.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    rockrnger wrote: »
    Everybody here is a lot better friend than I am.

I don't think I would ever let someone live "being a sore loser at poly" down.

I'd still be friends with them but I would point and do the Nelson "Ha-HA!" laugh a lot.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    If you need to take more than one motion sickness med to have sex are you polydramaminorous

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    If you need to take more than one motion sickness med to have sex are you polydramaminorous

yes

Allegedly a voice of reason.

that seems like a prelude to a "IT'S BORIS" video

If you like the bots,

Are you polyandroidorous?

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    If you like the bots,

yes

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    If you like the bots,

Only if you like more than one bot

Or if the one bot you like is made of polyurethane

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
    what have i done

if you're like this anna

and like that anna

are you polyannarous

or if you're just really naïve

what have i done

i tried to warn you

i tried warn all of you

I'm a trendsetter, what can I say.

that seems like a prelude to a "IT'S BORIS" video

Certain lifestyles speak to me on a primal level.

steam_sig.png
    what have i done

i tried to warn you

i tried warn all of you

But you're ponyamorous yourself.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2016
    i'm just kind of surprised the option that was proposed was poly rather than trying to adjust schedules

it seems like the interest wasn't in being poly so much as having a more active relationship

Vanguard on
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    UNTENABLE

UNTENABLE

TOO EARLY FOR BRITISH PROVOCATION

TOO EARLY

BEGIN PHEONIX PROCEDURE

With Love and Courage
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    If you're a synthetic plastic are you polyvinyl chloride?

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    UNTENABLE

UNTENABLE

TOO EARLY FOR BRITISH PROVOCATION

TOO EARLY

BEGIN PHEONIX PROCEDURE

The worst is being an axis minor and having the German AI shit the bed.

Last time I played they decided to take half of France and just stop. No unit in the way or anything.

Then the SU can just roll everyone.

Vanguard wrote: »
    i'm just kind of surprised the option that was proposed was poly rather than trying to adjust schedules

it seems like the interest wasn't in being poly so much as having a more active relationship

honestly when she's less depressed and this is less of a raw nerve and a touchy subject for her

I'm going to try to like, talk to her about what her goal was with this

I've never understood people who treat polyamory as a relationship band-aid

if you believe in polyamory as like, a valid expression of affection and your preferred relationship structure then okay sure man

or if it's something a couple decides to undertake as a mutual exploration thing at a certain point in their lives okay i guess?

but when it's used because a relationship is stale or shaky or otherwise has serious underlying problems in lieu of addressing those problems i'm always like

y tho

Vanguard wrote: »

honestly when she's less depressed and this is less of a raw nerve and a touchy subject for her

I'm going to try to like, talk to her about what her goal was with this

I've never understood people who treat polyamory as a relationship band-aid

if you believe in polyamory as like, a valid expression of affection and your preferred relationship structure then okay sure man

or if it's something a couple decides to undertake as a mutual exploration thing at a certain point in their lives okay i guess?

but when it's used because a relationship is stale or shaky or otherwise has serious underlying problems in lieu of addressing those problems i'm always like

y tho

people have a hard time ending relationships even when they know they should

Chicken and beer sounds good

This discussion has been closed.