As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Cloudsourcing

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Cloudsourcing

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Funny thing is there are a couple of good threads full of helpful people here on the forums but no, he did the equivalent of standing on a street corner and asking random passerby their advice.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    The only advice worth while on the internet is item/event locations.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Is Final Fantasy now a game you can really improve at? Before it was just a matter of equipping things and grinding enough.

What is this I don't even.
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Wait Mode is essential, IMO. Fights can get a little too busy at times, so being able to stop or warp away and everything freezing is super helpful! Plus it makes Libra less of a pain in the butt to use when trying to scan a bigger enemy.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Giancarlo MagnoGiancarlo Magno Registered User regular
    At that point he could have also asked if pineapple belongs on pizza.

• GundamZphyr7GundamZphyr7 Registered User regular
    Haha, oh my god. Tycho is turning into Vault Boy!

• noxumbranoxumbra Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    okay so that last panel needs to be a T-shirt and Mug etc etc. They will sell like hotcakes. You're welcome. let me know when you want to hire me to be part of the marketing team.

noxumbra on
  • wallywestwallywest Registered User regular
    noxumbra wrote: »
    okay so that last panel needs to be a T-shirt and Mug etc etc. They will sell like hotcakes. Your welcome. let me know when you want to hire me to be part of the marketing team.

*You're

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    No. he means they will both sell like hot cakes and like Tycho's welcome.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Wait Mode is garbage for garbage people.

• chapelzerochapelzero Registered User new member
    You can't use one controller scheme "simultaneously."

• sparkskysparksky Registered User regular
    okay so that last panel needs to be a T-shirt and Mug etc etc. They will sell like hotcakes. Your welcome. let me know when you want to hire me to be part of the marketing team.

Came to post something similar. Working online, I briefly adopted "Because I can't punch the internet" as a broader philosophy, for obvious reasons.

"When I was in school, they told me practice makes perfect. Then they told me nobody's perfect. So I stopped practicing." --Steven Wright
  • CharlesMabeCharlesMabe Registered User regular
    Hey look-- it's funny, it's about gaming culture, and it features Tycho. And it's NOT about eldritch abominations, the occult, or schizophrenia! YAY!!

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Wait Mode is essential, IMO. Fights can get a little too busy at times, so being able to stop or warp away and everything freezing is super helpful! Plus it makes Libra less of a pain in the butt to use when trying to scan a bigger enemy.

Wait Mode is absolutely great except for when it isn't. I'd prefer if there were a button I could hot to engage it, because sometimes it doesn't engage fast enough. But even more often, it engages too fast. There's time of situations where I don't want to hit any buttons, but still want time to move. The main one probably being when I'm in position for a parry from an enemy charging in from far away.

steam_sig.png
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Hey look-- it's funny, it's about gaming culture, and it features Tycho. And it's NOT about eldritch abominations, the occult, or schizophrenia! YAY!!

Mainly it's about garbage posters on the internet.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    chapelzero wrote: »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk

edited December 2016
    Tube wrote: »
    chapelzero wrote: »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk

I think the joke was that there are 3 schemes that, if he were to accurately follow the Internet advice, he'd have to (impossibly) use all at once.

But saying "one of" turns the meaning from "use 3 different schemes at the same time" (impossible) to "use 1 scheme at the same time" (mandatory).

Tychpo, i think.

Enlong on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    it's not a typo

rRwz9.gif
    So it's just a break from the joke.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Jesus wept...

• GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    EDIT: This was a super dumb post, that was needlessly passive-agressive, in an odd way. Sorry.

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    Enlong wrote: »
    So it's just a break from the joke.

No, the joke is that everyone is simultaneously telling him to use a different one of the three.

steam_sig.png
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    but is it "potion sucking", or "suckling"?

but is it "potion sucking", or "suckling"?

Pretty sure suckling is correct, even though in the game they just smash the potions in their hand and spray em all over their face.

steam_sig.png
  • noxumbranoxumbra Registered User regular
    wallywest wrote: »

*You're

I fixed it. I hop your OK know & you're Grammer triggers has endeded

• WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    I like how reading through this thread ABOUT the comic kinda just reinforces the joke IN the comic.

• gekkobeargekkobear Registered User regular
    Oddly relevant story. Quite some time back, I went skiing for the first time with several friends (who knew how to ski; I did not).
    At first I listened to all 4 of them, at the same time, and had lots of issues.

Then I realized my problem; told 3 of them at random to shut up (politely, as they were my friends after all), and listened to one person.
    And did well (much better at least) for the rest of the week.

So, steps to succeed (or at least minimally succeed).
    1) Find any positive number of people who are skilled and will help you.
    2) Tell all of them but one to kindly shut up.
    3) Take advice from only one person.

Also, as a useless side note:
    Water skiing knowledge doesn't help at all with snow skiing (and vice versa).
    What you should do as a beginner snow skier is what you're first taught never to do as a water skier (wedge).

• chapelzerochapelzero Registered User new member
    You don't follow, let me help.

What he means is "use three of them simultaneously." The joke is that you can't use three control schemes at once.

What he wrote is, to paraphrase, "use one of them simultaneously." Simultaneously, to makes sense, requires more than a single object.