As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Blood Bowl] Triple Skulls Every Time

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    Trying to figure out color schemes for my uniforms is taking a lot longer than I thought.

I've got something blocked out that I'm generally happy with, but yeah it took forever.

Especially trying to figure out how to use Hochland's green and red without looking like christmas. But a very drab panzer green and a very dark, gore red seems to have avoided that.

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Honestly, looking over the teams in Deathzone, I'm really surprised they included Pro Elves Elven Union and Nurgle teams. Especially Nurgle over basic Chaos teams.

Wondering which teams will be in the next expansion, and how many. I would hope for Chaos, Lizardmen, Necromantic, Norse, Goblin, and Halfling, though Amazon and Vampire could definitely be included too. I was wondering if they would combine the Necromantic and Undead teams into a single team, but it looks like they're going to keep them separate, going by who Morg 'N Thorg will (not) work for.

• GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    I think we got confirmation that Dwarf and elves where next but I'm not 100% sure about the elves or which kind of elves it will be.

There also have been interview discussed about addon pack allowing us for exemple to get goblins for our orcz team and ogres for humans, etc. Looking forward to these as I'm entertaining getting more blitzers for my humain and orcz teams and would love to get more gutter runner for my skavens. I'm hoping they release pack with different minis for these or else, I'll be stock buying them seperately on ebay or get double boxes and try to sell the extras.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
    Pre-orders for the limited edition referees miniatures are open on forge world for those interested:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-CA/Blood-Bowl-Halfling-and-Goblin-Referees?_requestid=5487613

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I still have my old Dwarf Ref. I find it odd that they are limited edition.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    There's already artwork with a Dark Elf player in the rulebook. My guess is they will be the first elf team.

found this
    JBone has written down some stuff mentioned by GW at the Full Beard tournament:

-Plastic Goblins to be released with resin secret weapons. 2 new secret weapons hinted at. Goblins will also be available in a 4 pack for use with Orcs.

-Resin Bright Crusaders (lantern jawed heroic Humans) and Orcland Raiders (horned helmet, tough looking Orcs) conversion kits to be released.

-Troll & Ogre plastics to be released

-Halflings planned but date is not before middle of next year.

-WHW exclusive will be a new star. An Ogre kicker with a Halfling ball holder.

-Referees will be for a limited time (not quantity) with rules in White Dwarf

-New double-sided Dwarf / Skaven pitch to be released with optional ‘Subterranean events table’

-Most teams will be in resin due to production costs / amount of work involved. The team want to supply as much in plastic as possible but logistics are the issue.

-DZ1 teams in the pipeline are Elven Union & Nurgle

Guibs wrote: »
    found this
    JBone has written down some stuff mentioned by GW at the Full Beard tournament:

-Plastic Goblins to be released with resin secret weapons. 2 new secret weapons hinted at. Goblins will also be available in a 4 pack for use with Orcs.

-Resin Bright Crusaders (lantern jawed heroic Humans) and Orcland Raiders (horned helmet, tough looking Orcs) conversion kits to be released.

-Troll & Ogre plastics to be released

-Halflings planned but date is not before middle of next year.

-WHW exclusive will be a new star. An Ogre kicker with a Halfling ball holder.

-Referees will be for a limited time (not quantity) with rules in White Dwarf

-New double-sided Dwarf / Skaven pitch to be released with optional ‘Subterranean events table’

-Most teams will be in resin due to production costs / amount of work involved. The team want to supply as much in plastic as possible but logistics are the issue.

-DZ1 teams in the pipeline are Elven Union & Nurgle

I already have an Elven pro union team but I sure will get a new one. The old models are kinda meh.
    Might also build a Dark Elf team from some Dark Eldar and Dark elf parts.

On a side note: The development cycle for the game must have been super fast. The sprues are marked copyright 2016. I can't remember seeing a sprue before that was released in the same year that the sprue was designed.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    In case there's any cross-pollination with PS4 folks in here (like me), BB2 is $15 on the PSN store for the holiday sale. $12.50 if you're a PS+ subscriber.

I'm seriously considering it. Having played it on the PC, I feel like $15 or less is about right.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    Assuming no last minute results from folks I'll be playing in my local gw blood bowl grand finals tomorrow. Gone 3-0-2 so far in the league so I've got a shot to take first and get my name permanently etched into a giant skull trophy.

Another observation from the core set: The Orc sculpts blow the human sculpts out of the water. Much better posing and use of three dimensions.

Personally I think the humans look way cooler! I traded my orcs away for more humans even.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    The one true observation:

Skaven Go Faster.

Skaven undeniably the best.

• Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Another game of Blood Bowl, another win, and another stat increase, this time Agility on a Catcher, so now I've got a 4 AGI Catcher and a 4 STR Blitzer, very good start. Also have a lineman with kick now, which is always nice.

That is a near perfect leveling start for a human team. You've basically changed the game for yourself now.

Now just to get strong arm and accurate on a thrower and you've enabled easy mode. Well easier mode, you are still playing as humans.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
    I've further gotten a lineman and rolled doubles so now he has guard. Also my other catcher has block and a third lineman has wrestle. The new MVP system is really nice for developing a team quickly.

But yeah my development has been suuuuper lucky.

I crushed in my semi final match, 2-1 with the skaven having 3 players left on the pitch by the end of the game.

I lost in the finals, 1-2 to orks in an increeeeedibly close, tense and amazing game. Sadly I will not get my name etched in the trophy but eh, there is always next season and I had a great time.

• TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    Working on my chaos team. Couldn't find any unbuilt beastmen on ebay or trading sites for decent prices. Had some bloodletters sitting around, so gonna use them as stand-ins for beastmen. Blu-tacked blank SM pads on just to see how it looks, pretty happy. Think it would look better with some khorne-specific shoulderpads. Not happy with how their right hands look, their fists are angled so it doesn't look quite right. Any ideas of what to replace them with, or just leave them as is?

As for beastmen, still trying to get my hands on a single unbuilt GW minotaur, but no luck. It's a bit big, but can't seem to find anything close enough to GW styling in the right size. PP Gnarlhorn Satyr would make a great one... except I think it's WAY too big. Thoughts on minotaur model?

20161217_231121.jpg
    20161217_231154.jpg

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
    I'd go for Chaos Marine shoulder pads if you have any, might be a bit spikier/more appropriate. But they look fine and are good Beastman stand-ins. The arms are somewhat clunky but not bad and people won't really notice.

edited December 2016
    I'd go for Chaos Marine shoulder pads if you have any, might be a bit spikier/more appropriate. But they look fine and are good Beastman stand-ins. The arms are somewhat clunky but not bad and people won't really notice.

I was looking at what to get, thinking maybe Khorne berserker pads? I was gonna write their numbers on the blank pads, but the skull pads would look cooler. I could also cut out some greenstuff numbers and put them on their backs, like the scarified khorne symbols they have.

Also, any ideas for a Minotaur?

TraceofToxin on
    edited December 2016

I was looking at what to get, thinking maybe Khorne berserker pads? I was gonna write their numbers on the blank pads, but the skull pads would look cooler. I could also cut out some greenstuff numbers and put them on their backs, like the scarified khorne symbols they have.

Giant Khorne Hound? Maybe Scylla? An old Juggernaut of Khorne?

EtA: this dude? Bloodbound Khorgorath

tzeentchling on
    I could fit like... one leg on a 32/40mm base, haha

This dude maybe?
    https://games-workshop.com/en-GB/Exhalted-Deathbringers

Or one of the Slaughterpriests with a different head?

honovere wrote: »

This dude maybe?

With some slight mods, that deathbringer would be aesthetically perfect... except he's the same size as the chaos warriors. Damnit. Every good model is either way too big, or not big enough...

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular

This dude maybe?

With some slight mods, that deathbringer would be aesthetically perfect... except he's the same size as the chaos warriors. Damnit. Every good model is either way too big, or not big enough...

FYI Slaughterpriests are bigger than the base chaos dudes.

I think next month the Ogroid Thaumaturg from Silver Tower is also getting released on its own.

I think next month the Ogroid Thaumaturg from Silver Tower is also getting released on its own.

THATS THE MODEL FOR ME!

I love you forever!

Mockups. Gotta do something with his right hand, a bit more khorne-ification, and they all need some leather straps made out of greenstuff, but, here's a rough run of my Chaos team, "The Dicksmashers".

20170104_160611.jpg
    20170104_160617.jpg
    20170104_160621.jpg
    20170104_160754.jpg

THOUGHTS? C&C?

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Needs more balls.

Seriously though, give some of them a ball to pose with.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    Hmmm, what to do for balls. I'm actually not a fan of the models posing with the ball, I think it looks kinda weird having multiple models with a ball in their hands. Passers are the only ones who get an exception... they just look funky without one. However, having 1-2 guys with a ball would add some variation. I think I should re-pose some of the bloodletters too, as they're pretty repetitive.

Decided to ditch the cape on the mino, and mocking up something for his right hand. Which is better?

20170105_174242.jpg
    20170105_174227.jpg

I like the first one. I'm with you on the balls. Normally the thrower is the only one who needs it.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    As usual, our thoughts on balls are the same. Less is more.
    For fists, i like the 2nd. First seems a bit too small tbh. 2nd is a bit over the top (which is fine, cos chaos). The drips look strange going at an angle tho.
    Is there a 3rd option?

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    First fist.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    First one is perfectly fine for bloodbowl. I'm actually a bit annoyed how over armed the models in the starter set are.

First one is perfectly fine for bloodbowl. I'm actually a bit annoyed how over armed the models in the starter set are.

I'm actually going to clip the center chest armor off my Orcs. I saw pics of them that way and really liked it.

Comics, Games, Booze
    Blood Bowl league starting tonight! Gonna try my Dark Elves again, see how many 1s I can roll.

I converted the team out of Corsair minis, so of course my team's name is Agents of HYDRA.

I converted the team out of Corsair minis, so of course my team's name is Agents of HYDRA.

Pictures!

Comics, Games, Booze
    Ken O wrote: »

Pictures!

When they're painted! Right now they're just all basecoated.

They had a raffle at tonight's kick-off. I won a new in box Skaven team!

Also, we've got like 12 people in our league, which is fantastic.

Well, our blood bowl league voted to reset teams for the start of our new season, because people had very lopsided teams due to the last season being short and some folks having difficulty finding matches.

My team was one of the most experienced, with the best stat and skill growth.

But now I'm free to pick any team I want, which means it is Goblin time baby. :evil:

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Are the league rebuy rules from Death Zone that unbalanced? They seem pretty OK on paper…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.