As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

TITANFALL 2 | The Frontier is Worth Every Part of This Fight! | EA buys Respawn

TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEONRegistered User regular
edited November 2017 in Games and Technology
DjPsrr0.jpg?1

FAQ

Is this game good?
Yes this game is good.

Is the single player good?
Yes the single player is good.

Is the multiplayer good?
Yes the multiplayer is good.

Is the multiplayer dead?
No, although outside peak times sometimes the player base is pretty small. On evenings and weekends you shouldn't have trouble finding matches though.

What's new in this game compared to the original?
More and different Titans, some neat pilot abilities like a grappling hook, many new guns, new maps, etc. It's more of an evolution than a revolution, but it's a great evolution.

How do I go fast like Sonic the hedgehog?
Wallrun then immediately jump off to get a speed boost. While you are in the air, instead of holding forward, strafe jump by strafing left or right and moving your view in the direction you're strafing. Right before you hit the ground, crouch so that you slide, then jump immediately when you hit the ground. When you start to lose speed, wallrun and jump off again.

What are the game modes and how do they work?
Amped Hardpoint: capture control points to earn points. "Amp" a control point by sticking around for a little while. Amped points earn 2x points.
Bounty Hunt: earn money by killing AI forces and by damaging and killing AI Titans. Half your earned money goes into the bank, half goes into your bonus. You lose half your bonus to whoever kills you. Turn your bonus into bank by using the banks when they are open.
Pilot vs. Pilot: kill pilots
Last Titan Standing: round-based - everyone spawns in a Titan. Last team with a Titan alive wins the round.
Capture the Flag: take the enemy flag to your flag location while your flag is in the base. Recapture your flag if the enemy grabs it.
Attrition: earn points for killing enemies and enemy AI forces.

What do batteries do and where do I get them?
Batteries will heal damaged Titans, and give them a shield if they have enough health before being healed. You can get batteries from various parts of the map (look for battery icons on your minimap) or by rodeo attacking an enemy Titan and stealing its battery. Put a battery in your Titan by getting inside, or in a friendly Titan by riding them.

What are Coliseum Tickets?
Coliseum is a 1v1 game mode where nothing exciting happens. You need tickets to enter. You get tickets from Advocate Gifts, which you earn from leveling up your Factions. None of this matters.

What are networks?
The callsign next to everyone's name is their network. The default network is the Advocate Network (ADV). Join the Penny Arcade Titanfall Network by searching for it! Each network has a "happy hour" each day during which you earn double XP.

NUI31Ki.gif

XBOX One gamer tag list
To add your name to the XBOX One list, click here.

Origin ID list
To add your name to the PC list, click here.

PSN player list

i-BKsXfVT-2100x20000.jpg

TychoCelchuuu on

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    The Frontier is Worth Every Part of This Fight!
    For all those times you forget to switch your faction. All those times...

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The IMC guy is the only one I haven't hit G2 with so far and he's just the worst.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    The IMC guy is the only one I haven't hit G2 with so far and he's just the worst.

Yeah, same here, although unlocking at 48 isn't doing him any favours, since it means he's not available as a faction to pick for very long before you do a pilot regen (about 3 games over the double experience weekend), and I don't really have any desire to spend credits to unlock him on a permanent basis.

We all know ACES are the best anyway.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    As nice as "10-4 is a family, and we'll kick your ass!" is, I gotta go for drunk commander that loses track of what is going on

VRXwDW7.png
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Yea making that faction unlock at 48 is pretty annoying. And I don't like his VO so I'm never going to pay to unlock him early. Aces all day.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Yeah, I definitely never understood why the factions have high level and credit restrictions.

Or what the deal was with factions anyway. They seem to just be fancy announcer choices and possibly some cosmetics?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    As nice as "10-4 is a family, and we'll kick your ass!" is, I gotta go for drunk commander that loses track of what is going on

Yeah so ACES! I always love the way he gets me to double check the score after a close game when he announces that we've lost before he corrects himself.

PSN Fleety2009
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Yeah, I definitely never understood why the factions have high level and credit restrictions.

Or what the deal was with factions anyway. They seem to just be fancy announcer choices and possibly some cosmetics?

Basically your announcer voice and some banners/patches is the only things I've noticed. Maybe some skins too?

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    I enjoy how when you go to jump out of the ship, he drinks from his canteen. However, if you're in the back right, you see him stop and shake it upside down, meaning he didn't even know it was empty when he went for a swig.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
    edited December 2016

I used credits to unlock the last one that unlocks at 49 or 50 when I hit Gen 3 so I could get more merits. I switch factions based on their level, as completing their level means an extra merit. That being said, I enjoy not having to listen to the same scripts over and over and over and over... I also enjoy merits.

Did I mention merits?

Le_Goat on
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    Khraul wrote: »
    Speaking of lacking playerbase, I'm also finding a lack of matchmaking.

6 consecutive losses with me middle to top score on my team. All of them complete steamrolls (5k-1300 bounty match just now).

Can't buy a win right now.

Is this on the PS4? Must have just missed you then as I just did 2 games with awwatt which we won and I didn't see you online.

I'm currently on the floor of my daughters bedroom waiting for her to go to sleep. This is apparently the routine (that nobody else does if I'm not around to put her to bed).

Yeah, I think I saw you online after I gave up.

Made it up today though. PA steamroller was in effect.

Capture the flag is a rubbish game mode thought.

Edit- copied from the the last thread... missed the jump to this one.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    I love ticks. Those little bastards get me so many kills on people who are sneaking up on me.

Are you the magic man?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMA3Y0tEQaY

also the Cold War isn't terrible, who knew!

VRXwDW7.png
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    I think the Softball, like the EPG and the other new weapons they added that aren't just bulletgunz, is maybe somewhat underrated. It's got an analog in Starsiege: Tribes (the grenade launcher) just like the other weapons do (the EPG is the Spinfusor, the energy SMG thing is the chaingun) and you just need to learn to compensate for the speed of players in order to use them effectively. Once you can hit people going fast without using a hitscan gun, you can start to use it to its full effect. In Tribes that was much harder because everyone had jetpacks and was moving at 10 billion light years per second, so if you ever played that game or something like it, you'll be in a good position here.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Psychotic One on
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    qb7ZAB6.jpg

Getting that Legion on again in Last Titan Standing.

Can really do some work once you learn how to use it effectively.

Plus it makes me feel like I'm using Gundam Heavyarms, which is just awesome.

Also don't be fooled by the 4 people on their team. When I spawned the match was already 20 seconds in as a 3 vs 5 against my team. We picked up a 5th about a minute later. I did just under 40k damage and killed 4 titans that round.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
    I've loved Last Titan Standing since the first TF. Such a fun mode.

Every time I try to run Legion the enemy team suddenly becomes coordinated and my teams titans disappear for a scorch to flank my position

still not entirely sure how to run it besides hope to god I can get Smart Core running

VRXwDW7.png
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Uploaded the first round of that game to the YouTubes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3RndLyZ7ww

If it hadn't been for the reloading after I got the double down I'd probably have finished off the other titan for the full 5 titan kills in the first round.

Pre-warning that the video card in my PS4 has done some weirdness which has missed off a random 3 seconds in the middle of the video. God knows why.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh, man, that feeling in Bounty Hunt where time's running out on the last bank round, and the bonus that you're holding that you slam in the bank is juuuuuuuuuuuust enough to squeak your team ahead of the other team before time runs out and declares you the winner. What a goddamn rush. :D

Especially since the other team was *holding* enough bonus to actually push them to 5k, but they weren't turning it in. Suuuuuuuck it!

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Oh, man, that feeling in Bounty Hunt where time's running out on the last bank round, and the bonus that you're holding that you slam in the bank is juuuuuuuuuuuust enough to squeak your team ahead of the other team before time runs out and declares you the winner. What a goddamn rush. :D

Especially since the other team was *holding* enough bonus to actually push them to 5k, but they weren't turning it in. Suuuuuuuck it!

One of my brightest moments in this game, and one of my first games: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Cooldrew100/video/24647142

(Similar, but it's Attrition. Watch the scores and timer very closely http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Cooldrew100/video/24647769)

Crippl3 on
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    The best thing...

Fighting someone in a CQB and you hit this one little thing BUT your duder REALLY WANTS TO CLIMB THAT ONE LITTLE THING so all your shooting stops so your guy can climb the thing.

The BEST thing.

I played 3 games in a row last night, where I must have banked more than 2k each time, and yet my team still seemed to get crushed. At least one game, I got about 2.1k while the rest of my team, combined struggled to break 500, while another I got about 2.5k+ with 31 kills, and we still lost by over 1k (the guy who was 2nd on my team had about 21 kills with $900).

I did manage to find myself in another winning game, and that was despite one guy obviously being afk (he contributed $30 over 5 rounds with zero kills). He would stand still for ages not doing anything, then he'd run to another bit of the map every so often and stand there until someone on the other side killed him.

I'm not entirely sure the point of being afk / leeching in this. The team is more likely going to lose with someone not helping, and nearly all the ways you level up, require you to do something in the game. I'm struggling to think what merits he'd have earned for just turning up.

PSN Fleety2009
    Stolen from Neogaf. Free 2xp/coliseum tickets as well as the execution etc.
    FREE DOUBLE XP CODES AND EXECUTION

1. log into https://gamerhub.mountaindew.co.uk/
    2. use the code "MTNDEW892 " <-- without the quotes, but include the single space!
    3. you can repeat step 2 10 times a day

Don't know about the every day bit yet, but I know you can punch it in at least 10 times as I did it earlier.

ALSO to the front page with you!

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    FINALLY! I can stop doing the dew!

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Say what you will about the other games but I've never had this many technical problems with Call of Duty or Battlefield games. Turn down graphics settings to minimum to try and figure out what's causing this horrendous audio stutter, and instead I'm confronted by awful, awful mouse lag which is even worse than the bad audio stutter

Out of all the shooters I've bought from this year this one easily feels the worst-optimized and the jankiest

BRIAN BLESSED on
    squall99x wrote: »

2. use the code "MTNDEW892 " <-- without the quotes, but include the single space!

Don't know about the every day bit yet, but I know you can punch it in at least 10 times as I did it earlier.

Only worked once for me, but cool skin, though. Thanks for that

• Longhorn PrimeLonghorn Prime Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Le_Goat wrote: »

Only worked once for me, but cool skin, though. Thanks for that

Make sure you include a space at the end of the code, after the 2

Longhorn Prime on

I think I've managed to get all 3; the Ion and Ronin skins and the execution. So a thanks for this from me as well.

PSN Fleety2009
  • hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

I think I've managed to get all 3; the Ion and Ronin skins and the execution. So a thanks for this from me as well.

Me three - also a fat stack of double XP codes never hurt anyone, and now I have a bunch of Coliseum tickets of which I used one, and said to myself "oh yeah, this is in fact precisely as described :(" as I watched the other guy wallrun around the very top of the wall while spraying railgun fire madly until he hit my sort of by chance. Still, though, double XP, Titan warpaint, and a boss new execution - when you facestab one of the robot player types all the lights on their "face" go out. Bruuuuuutal.

Thanks for sharing the code with us!

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    I just got started in the multiplayer after completing the campagin this weekend and joined the Penny Arcade network. Hope to see folks online soon!

Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Creeping up on 250 credits.

Buy the stealth rodeo ability OR the flying knee execution.

Now I know the execution won't add any advantage while I'm playing, but!..... flying knee execution.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Execution. Only way you can get a few of those anyway.

Now I know the execution won't add any advantage while I'm playing, but!..... flying knee execution.

Stealth rodeo is a game changer. Means you don't instantly have smoke on you. Also makes it so your jump jets are silent'ish to not give away your movement.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    Steath Rodeo is one of those things you don't think is particularly important until you regen and realise you no longer have access to it (i.e. why am I dying trying to steal batteries).

PSN Fleety2009

Stealth rodeo is a game changer. Means you don't instantly have smoke on you. Also makes it so your jump jets are silent'ish to not give away your movement.
    I can't tell you how many times hearing an enemy's jets has given me enough warning to turn around and gun them down before they got to me.

• Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    I wish when you regenerated the game would not scramble your setups and reset your slot names if you have the required bits unlocked.

Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV

See, but the thing you REALLY want is the Grand Theft Auto execution where you kill them with their own gun.

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    This is one of the most poorly designed games I have ever played.

And yet I feel very compelled to unlock all the things. Human condition is a strange thing.

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular

See, but the thing you REALLY want is the Grand Theft Auto execution where you kill them with their own gun.

I like the new one where you throw them to the ground and jab a knife in their face.

Are you the magic man?