As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]an Ibrahimovic

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    Crosscode is an excellent game.
    my only complaint is the circuit system is kinda eh (it seems like maybe some of the more impactful circuit choices aren't implemented yet?)
    oh and i guess i don't really like the rpg aspects, but its already pretty rpg lite in that you can do everything even underleveled, it just takes forever and you have little to no room for error

but i am otherwise shocked at how good it is and thus far it has felt amazingly complete for an early access and what a steal at $20

The indiegogo campaign almost failed and I would have been so sad if it did.

But yeah I agree the circuit system and the RPG item aspects are a little weak, but the combat is deliciously fun and the puzzles are super well designed in general.

I ate an engineer
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    This recipe calls for a flame proof roasting pan. As opposed to... a flammable one?

Glass and ceramic pans are not flameproof and can shatter on the stovetop.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    My Munchlax evolved. He is longer a cute like monster. :( Now he's a giant Snorlax. Dang it.

Big is beautiful.

cB557 wrote: »
    The premise of Crosscode of "amnesiac future!MMO player" doesn't sound great to me. Does it surpass its premise?

The player character and the world are much more charming than you'd expect given that description, and the combat is excellent.

I ate an engineer
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    is there an argument as to why I'm better off buying a vram card that's the same make as my mobo?

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Wait rome only has 3 million people in it? That seems really low.

Rome had a post-imperial low of about 80,000 people

At its height in the empire it was around 1 million

Seemed to take a while to bounce back

• wafflesmageewafflesmagee I like pancakes. Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I am still sick. This sucks.

Take the Dayquil!

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    My Munchlax evolved. He is longer a cute like monster. :( Now he's a giant Snorlax. Dang it.

Breed him and get an army of babies.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

Rejoice! And Pancake foos!

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    She's trying to convince me not to go to the party tonight in NYC and is texting me "I only have one [Drez]. I would hate to lose you to some idiot."

Which to me sounds like something a lover says to their lover. Not a coworker that frankly you only barely get along with in the first place. Am I overreacting? I mean it's been going on for an hour with variations of the above.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    my only complaint is the circuit system is kinda eh (it seems like maybe some of the more impactful circuit choices aren't implemented yet?)
    oh and i guess i don't really like the rpg aspects, but its already pretty rpg lite in that you can do everything even underleveled, it just takes forever and you have little to no room for error

but i am otherwise shocked at how good it is and thus far it has felt amazingly complete for an early access and what a steal at $20

I guess unless I play it's just a demo? it's pretty cool I must say, and I could play it at work
    i linked the browser demo page
    it has a steam release which is how i've been playing it. the whole game is supposed to be done in html5 so i would think there's a full browser version but there doesn't seem to be one.
    cB557 wrote: »
    The premise of Crosscode of "amnesiac future!MMO player" doesn't sound great to me. Does it surpass its premise?
    the story thus far doesn't seem "amazing" and i don't think is ever going to be it's main draw but it's been enjoyable enough (they have a lot of fun with the main character being semi-mute + having very expressive sprite work) and i like the gameplay and everything else a lot

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Wait rome only has 3 million people in it? That seems really low.

Usually for megacities you have to include the metro area.

But we tend to forget a megacity is like like anything over about 2.5 million. Though I think density is probably a better indicator than pure population.

Some of the megacity areas are ridiculous. Like isn't the greater Tokyo area like over 30 million?

Greater Tokyo (so suburbs included) is 37 million people. It has a density of 2,631 people per square kilometer.

To compare to NYC's metro area is 23 million people and a density of 688 people per square kilometer.

But Americans are big and burly s we take up more space

Having been to both NYC and Tokyo a lot I can say NYC always feels more crowded. Tokyo though in size basically makes NYC look like a small town.

Tokyo though even though it is way more crowded never felt nearly as suffocating to me as NYC does especially Manhattan. Also part of that is Tokyo is clean. Like that smell New York gets in the summer? That isn't a required smell of a big city.

Where were you in Manhattan? There are a few hot spots that are always ludicrous most of the rest is pretty calm

I have been up and down Manhattan over multiple trips.

Tokyo still feels less crowded than the less crowded parts of Manhattan. Especially if I compare Tokyo calm areas to Manhattan calm areas. Kanda is like god damn silent at night but is in the middle of Tokyo.

They are really different cities. But due to how they are designed, culture, and about 100 different factors Tokyo always felt more peaceful. Even in the nutso places like Shinjuku and Shibuya.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Tav wrote: »
    Prague was an interesting experience for me. Partially because I was helping my friend find a place to live while I was there so we went to a lot of the old soviet tenement blocks around the old city. The complete disconnect between the amazing and gorgeous old city of Prague and the Soviet era buildings is stark.

This is how I felt in Bratislava. The city centre is wonderful but you're like 4 blocks away from miserable apartment blocks at any time

Had a similar experience comparing Warsaw and Krakow

Because of reasons, Warsaw's Old Town is probably one of the newer areas

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

Big is beautiful.

BBP

This recipe calls for a flame proof roasting pan. As opposed to... a flammable one?

Ah yes, much like when coworkers leave the heater on with no coffee left in the pot.

I ate an engineer
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular

Ah yes, much like when coworkers leave the heater on with no coffee left in the pot.

Look, I'm not saying we should bring back public shaming.

But all office should have a set of stocks next to the coffee maker.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Pokémon evolution is truly bittersweet

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    If you go to the outer Burroughs they are almost small-town like beside a couple of key streets.

(I totally finished the regional Pokedex in Moon already.)

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Snorlax wakes up finally.... (its the best z move)

Jubal77 on

The indiegogo campaign almost failed and I would have been so sad if it did.

But yeah I agree the circuit system and the RPG item aspects are a little weak, but the combat is deliciously fun and the puzzles are super well designed in general.
    i missed their campaign and wasn't able to throw money at the developers

maybe i should gift bomb some crosscode this year

Atomika wrote: »
    is there an argument as to why I'm better off buying a vram card that's the same make as my mobo?

No I don't believe so. I've never followed nor heard that advice.

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    If you go to the outer Burroughs they are almost small-town like beside a couple of key streets.

Innwood feels very sleepy too

Do I really need a flat rack if I've got a bone in rib roast, or can I just put it rib down on the pan?

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Drez you know what you must do

Go to the party

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Go to the party

I am going and I want her to stop harassing me about it in such a bizarre and offputting way

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

Go to the party

I am going and I want her to stop harassing me about it in such a bizarre and offputting way

Ever though of just saying this to her?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    welp, forgot to call my mom on her birthday yesterday

rip

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    z moves are so ridiculous

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

Go to the party

I don't understand what is going on

fuck gendered marketing
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

rip
    Call her from a new zealand number and tell her your calling her from a different day so it doesn't count as being late, although I think it might technically be the future there.

Time, who knows how it works?

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    it is a nice gloomy day

*soaks in the grey*

how are yall

Go to the party

Ever though of just saying this to her?

It's so out of character and she's a coworker so I don't want to cause any drama

I just replied "don't worry I only have one of me too, lol, so I won't do anything unnecessarily risky but I not going to hide just because terrorists exist"

The texts from her seem to have subsided since then.

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Snorlax's Z-Move is amazing.

sig.gif
    z moves are so ridiculous
    sometimes i need to drop a bomb on the enemy pokemon okay

800px-Population_of_Rome.png

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

Go to the party

what is she harassing you about?

is she trying to get you to do a lingerie photo shoot?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    in fact, the z moves should get more ridiculous. i require disgaea-esque animations where your pokemon summons a meteor that destroys the entire planet as their z move

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    in fact, the z moves should get more ridiculous. i require disgaea-esque animations where your pokemon summons a meteor that destroys the entire planet as their z move

jigglypuffs of the round

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular

rip
    there's still time to call her on her unbirthday

This discussion has been closed.