As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2016: You'll go down in history...

• spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Y2JSF.gif

So this week has been especially doodoo because I got the best cold ever and spent a lot of time on the couch feeling terrible. BUT NOT TODAY!

OlTjH3vh.jpg

I got a sweet box! Let's see what's inside.

qJFM7Jhh.jpg

A bag within the box. Looks pretty neat.

d9aGIloh.jpg

Playstation Plus membership! I do a lot of gaming on PS4, this'll come in handy.

OiUnObOh.jpg

A Kaladesh bundle! I've gotten into Magic heavily since I moved to Washington, kinda using it as a way to widen my nerd friend circle. I opened the contents of the box immediately, and found some useful stuff inside.

9m7jzPch.jpg

It's all thanks to @Zython ! I didn't open any golden legendaries in the box, but the whole gift and the thought behind it is a platinum mythological.

Thanks again, Z. :biggrin:

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    d8gmyjvb8rm3.gif

I was sleeping when my Santa struck!

n3y6mzmc9chr.png

Thanks for the gift of "holy hell when did it become midnight"! You didn't leave your actual forum name but when you do I will add it!

d8gmyjvb8rm3.gif

MY SANTA HAS STRUCK AGAIN!!!!

I thought the gifts were done but I just just got another one!

0hhk76u2gcza.jpg

And now I have the proper forum name! Thanks @Mace1370

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    vyefs8gvj6gk.gif

A package arrives! Flash and Dinklebot check it out:
    1pcdl9h3qk0u.jpg

A gift? Awesome! Dog will ensure safety of contents:
    xlknp3vjmzqd.jpg

What's this?
    1jwhlk2p5ih4.jpg

Gift the Third? But I don't have One and Two yet! I'm not one to break the rules, so under the tree it goes.

TO BE CONTINUED...

• minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

I don't know if this is from here or from the CF Santa?! BUT THANK YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE

g2tw5tptncxg.png

It's from here...unless we both got you the same gift :D

• Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Weekly Gift Update:

For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice and... Secret Santa gifts in the Old Republic.

JiaS5jyl.jpg

A bit less than 7 days to go! In one week all will be revealed, Santa!

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Alright Santee. Gifts are wrapped. Note is written. All I have to do is take it over to the post office and get it out of here!

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Alright Santee. Gifts are wrapped. Note is written. All I have to do is take it over to the post office and get it out of here!

Going to the post office less than a week before Christmas?
    I also like to live dangerously. Not that dangerously, of course, but a little dangerously.

see317 wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »

Going to the post office less than a week before Christmas?
    I also like to live dangerously. Not that dangerously, of course, but a little dangerously.

During work hours so it's takes me away from work. I call that a bonus.

• PsiberianPsiberian Registered User regular
    package arrived the other day from my secret santa, my santee should be receiving their package on the 21st. Is this what it feels like to time travel and see the future?

camo_sig2.png
    Drove around my post office about 20 minutes until I went ahead and left. Went to UPS and walked straight inside and shipped it. Should be there Thursday!

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    d8gmyjvb8rm3.gif

A box arrived.
    r0p7aXB.jpg

"I and love and you" :question:
    E: Oh, apparently that's a song title? Damn kids.

AAjFBaS.jpg

Mia and her booty.
    kZ1ELw2.jpg

She took her new mug, but...
    kE9k5KU.jpg

It was stolen by my parents' 10-week old labradoodle.

BZbcRgf.jpg

However...
    She was very interested in the hickory bone.
    tCvg4eU.jpg

And has spent the last half hour (and counting) gnawing on it while the puppy is in mandatory naptime.

9weWASg.jpg

I can name the exact stalking post too.

Thanks, @spookymuffin!

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    No lie, you have fucking adorable dogs.

Nah, man. She's a ferocious hunter-killer.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I have received my gifts! I'll post pics tonight or tomorrow after unwinding, because it was a pretty crazy day for me.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    aRaiOxv.gif

A gift has arrived for me! I will have my trusty dachshund check it out.
    qREUrC8.jpg
    Ok, he's not interested so I'll just open it.
    Ug9nltX.jpg
    Awesome looking bags! I'll have the baby, who seems to be more interested, check out the contents.
    55WmMOS.jpgo
    Awesome WoW plushies! It's Snowfang and Lil' Chen. I love the Pandaren and apparently Snowfang is Thrall's wolf's daughter which, to a WoW nerd like myself, is amazing because I never even know that was a thing.
    dr13JJR.jpg
    Bonus shot of the awesome plushies on my WoW shelf.

Thank you Santa! This was an awesome gift! Now who are youuuu?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
    edited December 2016
    You're embedding the url of the page instead of embedding the actual image(s) on it.

http://imgur.com/a/TF0yK
    vs
    http://i.imgur.com/aRaiOxv.gif
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/aRaiOxv.gif[/img]

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    You're embedding the url of the page instead of embedding the actual image(s) on it.

http://imgur.com/a/TF0yK
    vs
    http://i.imgur.com/aRaiOxv.gif
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/aRaiOxv.gif[/img]

Got it, thanks!

Steam: offday
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Dear Santee, the Gifting Engine is fired up and chugging on all cylinders in your direction. Assuming that estimates are correct, you should receive the package before the end of the week.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @MNC Dover

:bro:

Been there, man.

Diaper changing in an airplane bathroom is a mixed martial art.

• spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Thanks, @spookymuffin!

Mia is very welcome. :biggrin:

There may or may not be another box that might or might not arrive in either a fast or slow timeframe. Maybe.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    d8gmyjvb8rm3.gif

I was sleeping when my Santa struck!

n3y6mzmc9chr.png

Thanks for the gift of "holy hell when did it become midnight"! You didn't leave your actual forum name but when you do I will add it!

d8gmyjvb8rm3.gif

MY SANTA HAS STRUCK AGAIN!!!!

I thought the gifts were done but I just just got another one!

0hhk76u2gcza.jpg

And now I have the proper forum name! Thanks @Mace1370

Yay, I hope you enjoy it!

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

I love this. Pets are awesome.

I love this. Corgis are awesome.

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Slightly delayed ...
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

I'd been following tracking info previously passed along and knew that a parcel should be arriving sometime yesterday. It turned out that at some point after 6PM the UPS guy arrived without notice and left it outside our door in the hallway. Merrily, I discovered it about 2 hours later, but still ... not exactly impressed with that tactic. :/ I expect I'll get a bill in the new year for their services as well, but alas, that's an issue for future-Arctic. For now, it's all Christmas cheer~ <3

ZE BOX~
    In moving it from the box to the coffee table, I can say this box is not light. I snag girlfriend's Windwaker Link to hide addresses.
    cc9kf91nhemd.jpg

Upon opening, I believe her exact words were "Oh my gosh."
    Yeah, I can't exactly disagree ...
    a4frdknjfl7l.jpg

Well, there's a letter on top so I'm going to start there.
    su4b9kxq7j2l.jpg

D'awww, @reve noire I'm so honoured! I'm going to quell any worries you had right away - You got it right. I mean, that's not even right now me talking. Past me was absolutely certain just by some things I could glimpse on top. Tea, chocolates, tiny Solaire and pins. It's good to know I can be stalked fairly easily. :P

Much of the contents were jumbled, so I took some liberty in photographing a few sorted groups once we had it all out. Janelle and I thoroughly enjoyed going through everything bit by bit though (it's really her first experience with this as well~) and I'm quite certain you managed a degree of knocking her socks off.
    SO, a fine assortment of candies!
    We ate some. Big Thunder isn't just my favourite name, but what a pleasant sweet!
    l1krbcb166bw.jpg
    A fine assortment of tea-related goodies!
    This includes, as mentioned in the note, a full jar of pumpkin-spice bruleé tea. We had some. It's really good. <3
    cfy09pnj7snp.jpg
    Pins, official Pinny Arcade and otherwise~
    Not gonna lie - the only ones I recognize are project spark and castle guy. I'm not much of a Bethesda guy so ... I knew the Fallout Vault Boy at least. >_> What's the other big fancy metal one?
    b772ch4x0qw3.jpg
    Home-made scarves for both of us, along with a 100% adorable Snoopy&Woodstock ornament!
    It's hard to take a compelling non-model photo of scarves.
    rtvbw2oikl2g.jpg
    The previously mentioned Solaire. It's so good. <3
    I put him on our plushie shelf riding a giant cat. The pose works well for this.
    beiw2r3vofpj.jpg
    Something we've seen here before rather recently ...
    Not going to lie, I actually already have the medium sized print (there's no way you could know that), but this one definitely came on much nicer paper. If I eventually work in an office again I could see this adorning my wall or cubicle~
    3tb2yby9zi9r.jpg
    Oh, and look what you hid at the bottom in a scarf. Clever ...
    Witcher 3! I'd certainly talked this up in my signup this year as I really want Janelle to play it. I'm so glad she can do so in the new year. ^_^
    4ub5p6y4t0ab.jpg

So like ... you killed it? I think that's about as well as I could summarize. It's kind of funny that most years I've said that I enjoy receiving something made by my Santa, and just forgot this year, but you more than came through anyway. Thank you so much. Seriously. I'm really glad you so thoroughly enjoyed your own gift as well, as that first year experience can definitely be daunting. But if you participate again next year, whoever you pull will be lucky indeed. <3

Bonus photo of the ornament on our appropriately small tree:
    q0ayg005fxcf.jpg

ArcticLancer on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    The generosity of the people on these forums help to warm my heart even though he outside world is doing everything it can to kill it this year

I got a message from my Santa that it should arrive today! I can't wait!!

Also I am working through the cryptic message you left me as well. I told my secretary (I don't have one) to hold my calls (I don't get any). no work is going to get done until I figure this out.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    How often does the Gift Wall tend to get updated? Not a complaint, just curious :)

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Aha! I enlisted the help of a coworker and I believe that we figured it out (him mostly). I will wait until the gifts arrive. :)

How often does the Gift Wall tend to get updated? Not a complaint, just curious :)

When our glorious benefactor has the spare time to devote to the undertaking.

<3

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    After a long day of flying and poo, the family arrived back home on Sunday. As you all know, there is often times a lot of things to do before getting back into your normal life routine. So, without further talking...
    d8gmyjvb8rm3.gif

I came home to find a pair of boxes awaiting us!
    y3nl2f3gwzy0.jpg
    A smallish box and a tube from an unnamed source. Hmmm...

Since you can never be too safe these days, I sent in our doggy Daisy to inspect the contents for safety.
    vavj9xotew5p.jpg
    Remind me, what is it you expect me to do?

After getting the all-clear from Daisy, I begin by opening the small box.
    7u8qo2gzwra3.jpg
    A Hearthstone wallet and tree ornament! That's incredible!

Next I moved on to the contents of the tube. Here was the first item:
    hur653i5h2w8.jpg
    A huge Hearthstone poster! Wait...I'm sensing a trend here...

And here was the second:
    kta5p6brdcm4.jpg
    An extremely large mouse pad!

A picture of all the goods (minus the poster):
    bxy4f5b7m6j8.jpg
    Upon further inspection of the wallet, I found a code for a free pack of cards! Bonus!

I knew I was going to be a tough buy for my santa, not having a next gen system and really only waiting for the Switch. I'd like to apologize to my santa again for that, hopefully next year will be easier.

The wallet was great since my old one was fading out. In a show of destined fortune, my old wallet and the new wallet are identical in size and content space. Everything literally transferred one to one. Amazing!

As for the poster, it was a gateway for that discussion I was wanting to have with the wife since we moved in to our new house 2 years ago. She said we should hang it up, which allowed me to mention the other nerdy posters/pictures I have. Looks like I'll be adding some holiday decorations!

That ornament lights up and is super awesome. Good call there. I don't actually use a mouse pad (no room on my existing desk), but the wife was in desperate need of a replacement. Looks like everyone won this year!

OK santa, reveal yourself!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Santa! Got your notification of the 2nd incoming package, I'll keep an eye out for it.

• MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    All is quiet on my western front... wait.. was that a gift on the horizon?

... just a shadow...

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    All is quiet on my western front... wait.. was that a gift on the horizon?

... just a shadow...

paranoia-792.jpg

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    @MNC Dover

I am your santa! This was the first year I've done SS on G&T or the PA Forums in general. Along with this one I was also Santa for @TimFiji in Critical Failures. Funny story, I had accidentally shipped Tim's CF Santa present to you, and had to have it re-routed back to me to resend back to him. So that was fun!

I'm glad you liked your gifts - you were a hard buy for sure, but I noticed that you were the OP for a lot of the Hearthstone threads. :D So that at least gave me a starting point. I also hope your little one gets a lot of fun out of all those blocks.

I didn't even realize that ornament lit up -- that's even more awesome.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

Hey now, what have we here?
    A cardboard tube! Wait, you mean they put things inside these?
    uj4d17b2ypdk.jpg

Alright, now this is pretty awesome.
    Giant robot! Can't go wrong with those, especially not an Atlas.

3ut1xzfhcygr.jpg

That one's definitely going up on the shop wall soon! Thanks, Santa!

Holy crap I love that.

edited December 2016
    Whoa. Good job, Santa. I don't even play Titanfall and I would frame that.

KoopahTroopah on
    vyefs8gvj6gk.gif

No pics, but Item #1 arrived, Santa. My wife read the gift receipt, laughed, and said "You're gonna hate it," so, lol?

Waiting on #2, then I will open them all up and find out for myself!

Gifts get! Proper post coming up as soon as I get these wired kids to bed. Santa... You rock!