As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Friday the 13th : The Game] - Jason lives ... you wont. Out now PS4/Steam/Xbone

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    It is kind of funny to hear a guy's voice coming out of a girl running away from you sometimes

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I'm trolling quickplay now. Let me know if we can get a private match going.

• M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    Hmm is the game worth 40 bucks, do the people playing feel like it's something that will last or is just kinda fun for now then thats it?

• GhlinnGhlinn Registered User regular
    Keep running into full servers, have to go for a little bit anyways. I''ll be back on in about 45 minutes and would love to do a private match if we have people.

steam_sig.png
    M.D. wrote: »
    Hmm is the game worth 40 bucks, do the people playing feel like it's something that will last or is just kinda fun for now then thats it?

It all depends on the content that's not available. If this was all the game there was I would say no. But there's lots more to come, I think.

Think they are doing an open beta sometime after this, I think I read somewhere that there would be a total of 7 different Jason's at release? no idea how many councilors

steam_sig.png
    I would like jason x and a space station map please, but seriously I think I might get it, dunno if I get a key for preordering now, but if it's anything similar to dead by daylight I have put quite a bit of time into that so I may enjoy this.

It's a bigger concept than DbD. Matches take longer.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Played a counselor. Ended up a survivor. Feelsgoodman.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Game looks pretty amusing on twitch. Its always the most fun when people have no idea whats going on and its just a clusterfuck.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    edited December 2016
    Okay I pre-ordered it, anyone want a key since they gave me some for that. Also this was a tough choice cause I could only get one thing between this and astroneer

edit - gave out mah codes

M.D. on
    Yeah matches do seem to take a bit longer then DbD , although their is a hard limit of 20 mins which is nice. I'm back now if their are people wanting to do a private game, otherwise going to hope that I can get into a quick play

steam_sig.png
    How many of you are there? Can we start a PM group and add people along the way to get this organized?

Me and El Fantasico were talking about it, not sure if anyone else is playing right now.

steam_sig.png
    I'm queueing for a quickplay right now. But if we can get 8 I'll drop it.

edited December 2016
    Wonder if I ran into someone hacking, it looked like someone shifted back to back to back but not 100% sure if I saw it right.
    E- Do you need 8 to start? Most of the quick plays I've done has had at least one person drop right away. Not sure if there have been 8 that has posted that have the game but I could be wrong.

Ghlinn on
    steam_sig.png
    I'm about to head to bed, but let's definitely co-ordinate something for another evening. I'm on the EST time zone. Any time after 6:30PM EST works for me.

Also, all counselors killed for my second time as Jason!

sx30ccj7dycf.jpg

I just finished downloading, steam name is CaesiumF and id be down to play a bit

It probably is rather late to get that many people on at once, we should get a pm group or something going and see if we can get a time people can be on before the beta ends though. Think it goes til the 23rd?

steam_sig.png
    It got extended to the 24th because they were late starting it.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Oh good. I think ending on the 24th means I might actually have time to poorly play a bit of this.

Are there sleeping bag QTE kills?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Oh good. I think ending on the 24th means I might actually have time to poorly play a bit of this.

I know that was one of the stretch goals for the kickstarter/preorders, not sure if it was reached. I hope it was.

Also, I have 4 codes to hand out, PM me if you want one.

Someone supposedly did one on stream, but it seems like the kind of kill you'd have to set up on purpose. It's a little too easy for a counselor to escape Jason's grab, and most people aren't going to hide out in a bag in the open.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    darkmayo wrote: »

Ki Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma Ma (yea yea it sounds like Ch Ch Ch Ch Ha Ha ha ha... )

You did it right, though. The actual sound is the beginning of the words "kill" and "mom"

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

edit: Cruor is awesome. But dang 2048 Vram? That's hefty considering what i've seen. Guess i'll be watching this one on the youtubes.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Was gonna see if I could snag a beta code in here, but my laptop barely exceeds the minimum specs, so I'll just wait until I can buy the console version. You think we'll get Jason X DLC at some point? As awesomely bad as that movie is, I'd love to power-walk around a spaceship as Nanobot Jason.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    I would love a Jason X skin/map, especially if it comes with a liquid nitrogen headsmash kill.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I posted some of my impressions and few noticeable bugs/tweaks that need fixing in the Steam thread. I think the gameloop is super tight and more expandable than DbD is, which is great. Though like Joshofalltrades says it really depends on the level of content that they're not showing off if it's worth $40. I can see this game selling as is right now like hot cakes if it was $20.

KoopahTroopah on
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    I posted some of my impressions and few noticeable bugs/tweaks that need fixing in the Steam thread. I think the gameloop is super tight and more expandable than DbD is, which is great. Though like Joshofalltrades says it really depends on the level of content that they're not showing off if it's worth $40. I can see this game selling as is right now like hot cakes if it was $20.

yea if beta was up for sale as is, its about 20 bucks but there is other maps other Jason skins and other counselors that haven't been added yet. Along with different clothing for counselors , more kills and single player mode where you play as Jason vs Bots.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    edited December 2016
    I can see DLC coming down the pipes. Jason X would almost definitely be possible. A chainsaw Jason. More maps might be nice, too. Space station, maybe a residential neighbourhood. A different camp map.

Speaking of maps, in the current one available, are the radio and phone tower both always in the same spots? Seems like if you know where they are, you can always make a beeline for them to repair and make the game end a bit sooner for the counselors to win.

Also, @Cruor - if there are any more beta keys available, I'd like to request one for a friend. But if you're going to hold on to them for forum members only, I totally understand. Up to you, though. :)

El Fantastico on

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I can see DLC coming down the pipes. Jason X would almost definitely be possible. A chainsaw Jason. More maps might be nice, too. Space station, maybe a residential neighbourhood. A different camp map.

Speaking of maps, in the current one available, are the radio and phone tower both always in the same spots? Seems like if you know where they are, you can always make a beeline for them to repair and make the game end a bit sooner for the counselors to win.

An "Elm Street" map DLC would be cheeky and fun to play.

I'm unsure about tower locations, but so far all the cabins and campfires have been static. The only thing that I definitely know rotates are the police exits.

edited December 2016
    I hope that the game does well enough that they make a DLC/expansion that has Elm Street/Boiler Room maps, with Freddy as a new playable villain. Better yet, a Freddy vs Jason mode, where they compete for counselor kills.

Cruor on
    Cruor and I on the same page. Would love me some Freddy stuff in the game.

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    id be down with having a reverse game mode where the college kids all have a suicide pact and keep killing themselves at your new summer home.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    It seems like it would be a licensing nightmare to add Freddy.

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Whoa, I totally forgot I kickstarted this. Need to try the beta out post haste.

If NRS could do it to put Freddy in MK9, I feel like the licensing is up for grabs as long as they show they're willing to treat the franchise right, which, given the effort to make F13 as true to the movies as they're able to, I think is a good possibility.

id be down with having a reverse game mode where the college kids all have a suicide pact and keep killing themselves at your new summer home.

Tucker and Dale Vs Evil mode. I love it.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Whoa, I totally forgot I kickstarted this. Need to try the beta out post haste.

I kick started it but the beta isn't on Xbox. Hopefully down the line they'll have a console beta. But I'm enjoying watching it on Twitch and Youtube.

I feel much better about backing this now that I'm seeing it in action. Those teaser trailers they had in the dev diaries of "Check out our clouds" and its just (press x for) JASON standing there and the clouds drift by. Just looking at Jason's movement and you can see the Kane Hodder influence all over him.

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    This game feels like it might have potential, but I need to know what the limits are to Jason's abilities before it feels even remotely fair. I'd like to do some testing on how to fool his Sense, how many times he can fuck up his Shift before running out, and what purpose stuff like noisemakers and flares even serve.

As it is, the map feels so small that it's impossible to get away, and his abilities so overpowered that you can't even properly lay traps for him. Does he have stamina? Or a cooldown on his grab? If he uses his Batman Vision, he shouldn't be able to use it again for at least a minute or something. Make him actually have to work to find you!

I'm gonna keep at it even though I'm a little salty about the game. I'll be available pretty much all day to play if someone wants to join me. Steam ID is Reginald Witch.

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular

You win by convincing the police that you have had a doozy of a day.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970