As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Remove old youtube videos

QuicalQuical Registered User regular
Hey guys.

I need some old youtube videos of me removed.
I did some stand up when i was 16/17. A couple of shows in college. This was recorded and uploaded by accounts made for the shows by one of the other performers.
Theyre really bad and as im a teenager i was of the opinion of "offensive equals funny". Nothing like racist or anything but just like if you heard someone say this stuff youd be like "oh this guy is a dick". Idiot teenager stuff.

Ive logged a privacy complaint against the videos explaining they could impact my personal life and youtube have said they wouldnt do anything about it. I dont know what to do next and im currently applying for a dream job that would put me out there quite publicly.

Where do i go from here?

Thanks

NNID: Quical
STEAM: Quical
Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek

• Options
    BasarBasar IstanbulRegistered User regular
    Have you tried contacting the uploader? What was their response? If they are not willing to remove the video completely, maybe they can agree to take your name off the video description?

i live in a country with a batshit crazy president and no, english is not my first language

• Options
    The uploader has said they would but hasnt responded to subsequent chasers.
    This video was uploaded 7 or 8 years ago. Its highly likely the uploader doesnt even have these details any more.

I told youtube when i submitted a privacy report that i had attempted to contact but they still decided it was fine to be up.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Why did youtube say they won't do anything about it? Are you certain you filed the privacy report correctly? As far as I can tell, they don't really think about why, they just accept privacy report requests. Can take a month or two to process them, though.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    This is the response they gave. Fairly certain i filed it properly but if i do it again i could get banned.

"Hello,

We are unable to identify a violation of our Privacy Guidelines in the content you reported. For more information regarding our Privacy Guidelines, please visit: http://youtube.com/t/privacy_guidelines.

YouTube has a range of online resources designed to help users on our site. In order to ensure that your complaint is directed to the most appropriate place, please review the links below for further information on YouTube's content policies and how to make reports to the YouTube team. The information is designed to help you better understand your situation, as well as explaining how to report such content.

- If you think an interaction with a fellow community member has risen to the level of harassment, please visit: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2802268 .

- If you believe you hold the copyright to the content in question, you may wish to file a copyright complaint.

To learn more about how to file a copyright complaint, please visit: http://www.youtube.com/t/dmca_policy. For more information about our removal processes, please check out the following video: http://goo.gl/Dt5ZDw.

Sincerely,
    The YouTube Team"

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    You might have more luck with a copyright complaint. If you were really 16 or 17 I don't think you could sign away the rights to your performance.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    I wondered that as well but then i see notices like this on their copyright page and it scares me. Will they even listen now ive submitted a privacy complaint?

If you choose to request removal of content by submitting an infringement notification, please remember that you are initiating a legal process.

Do not make false claims. Misuse of this process may result in the suspension of your account or other legal consequence

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Quical wrote: »
    I wondered that as well but then i see notices like this on their copyright page and it scares me. Will they even listen now ive submitted a privacy complaint?

If you choose to request removal of content by submitting an infringement notification, please remember that you are initiating a legal process.

Do not make false claims. Misuse of this process may result in the suspension of your account or other legal consequence

I agree you shouldn't falsely claim copyright. Did you sign something when you performed? Even if you did, it is quite likely not valid as you were a minor at the time so I guess the question is "Did your parent/guardian sign something when you performed?" If they didn't I'm not sure how you can't claim a video of your performance as a copyright violation.

I suppose that's another avenue, if it is seriously a big deal for you getting a lawyer to write a letter on firm letterhead could provoke some movement but it'd cost some money.

Really though, if those accounts are really near abandoned then the video will get taken down when they don't reply about the notice.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Excellent. Ill try that tonight. Thanks so much!
    I suppose worst comes to worst the youtube account i dont use will be banned from youtube but thats fine.

• Options
    The copyright complaint worked! Thanks SO MUCH everyone. I can apply for dream job knowing this stuff is removed now.

• Options
    BasarBasar IstanbulRegistered User regular
    Good luck on the dream job :)

i live in a country with a batshit crazy president and no, english is not my first language

This discussion has been closed.