As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Giant Bomb] Would you vape Hedgehog?

1100101102103104106»

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    DS2 had the most forgettable environments and bosses of the series. Maybe SotFS fixes it but I was done with the game by the time DLC started to come out.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I felt that without the connected environment, there wasn't as much reason to explore the world. While the echoes of DS1 were neat, I felt that the lore specifically for DS2 was just not as engaging. I enjoyed the game, and it isn't a bad game by any means, it just didn't have the hook of 1, and also the environments were just not as... they didn't have anything for me. 3, on the other hand, did what 2 was trying to do much better, because the environments were disconnected, but still felt all apiece. They also were informed by Bloodborne, so were more varied and interesting to me.

Also 3 had some great fucking bosses.

Fencingsax on
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I love lighting torches as I go through an area then looking back and seeing my influence upon the world.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Nah you guys are just fanboys that can't see the ~~~~~TRUE MAJESTY~~~~~ of Dark Souls 2

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    listen
    all dark souls games are bad

there, now everybody can be angry

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Nah you guys are just fanboys that can't see the ~~~~~TRUE MAJESTY~~~~~ of Dark Souls 2

=[

J3qcnBP.png
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »

=[

Sorry, I get a little snippy when someone tells me I'm not allowed to dislike a game because I'm being too much of a fanboy

LxX6eco.jpg
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    listen
    all dark souls games are bad

there, now everybody can be angry

No YOU'RE stupid!

LxX6eco.jpg
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Castlevania: Rondo of Blood is the best dark souls game

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Okami is my favorite Dark Souls

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    This is the Dark Souls of Dark Souls conversations.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

So it's not actually that hard, it's just asking you to pay attention and be patient and has moderate death consequences, and as a result has been conflated into stupidly hyperbolic levels of difficulty?

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

So it's not actually that hard, it's just asking you to pay attention and be patient and has moderate death consequences, and as a result has been conflated into stupidly hyperbolic levels of difficulty?

I think it means it's something that people will talk incessantly about on the Internet to the point of comparing other games and even anything else to it, just because there's some small shred of similarity.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

Nah, it's just not for me.

camo_sig2.png
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I'm really into the subtle world building that goes into this thread

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    But actually for real Dark Souls was old and busted as soon as Bloodborne came onto the scene

• Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    I think we can all agree that Call of Duty is GOTY for the 10th year in a row

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    all the dark souls games are great I reckon.

but hey how about those funny guys at giant bomb huh? can't wait to see what hi-jinx they get up to in 2017.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    I'm really into the subtle world building that goes into this thread

i legit loled at this

bravo

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    PMAvers wrote: »
    KetBra wrote: »
    Dark Souls 1 > Dark Souls 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark Souls 2

DS2 is a garbage game and I hate it

See it's comments like this I don't get. What was so bad about it?

It was different, ergo fanboys get angry because DS1 is a perfect masterpiece and no one can criticize or change anything about it.

Don't be a douche

This discussion has been closed.