As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Prepare for [Titanfall 2]

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Everyone is always talking up tone. I tried him but I still like legion way more.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Everyone is always talking up tone. I tried him but I still like legion way more.

Yeah, that's awesome

If you find something that works well that isn't Tone, that's good, becuase tone is definitely average to good at almost everything, without being great at anything

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Tone gets used so much because he has so much utility. The splash on the 40mm is great for firing into buildings to take out window snipers. The radar pulse is handy as its utility power. And its shield is great for throwing up and either slugging it out or buying you time to turn tail and run. Missile barrage is just the cherry topping on the titan pounding that he can pound out in a slug fest.

My personal favorite Titan is ION with the 5 way splitter. I use it to harrass at long range to ping titans and begin stripping armor. And if someone engages I back around the corner and ADS and play the waiting game. That 5 Way splitter at point blank range MELTS titans. You'll have no power for beam or shield, but the other guy is probably doomed and ready for ION Prime to face melt with that sweet execution.

ION though is way behind alot of the titans in most utility. His power management turns off to many of his options just from use. I think they should take the ION Shield off his power consumption and just make it work like it did in Titanfall 1 with its own recharge bar. This way you can Splitter shot a Tone in the face and when you see the Salvo incoming you can throw up the shield and make a ball of death. Otherwise ION never wins the DPS race. He has to Splitter to do heavy damage, but doing so just cripples his options to defend in an actual fight.

• Options
    Yeah, I tried Ion for a few hours on Sunday

She's cool, but hard to use

There are quite a few players who just dominate with Ion though, and I'm talking in games I've played in, not just full time gamers on YouTube

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Ion on PC is currently a titan I don't bother fighting because of the dumb exploit

Not everyone uses it but I just don't waste time with Ion's

I hope I regen scorch soon as I love him but he relies way to much on a perfect situation to do as much as you can in the others I feel

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I really can't get used to playing any titan other than scorch anymore. Standing there pointing your gun at a titan who is pointing their gun at you feels so wrong. Why aren't I just lighting their feet on fire then dashing behind cover?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    When I play a Titan other than Scorch I have to remind myself that dodging is actually a thing.

• Options
    I have a turbo engine in my legion because fuck not being able to dodge.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I'm quite happy with Overcore, and I'm surprised it actually got buffed in the last patch. With an e battery you start with 50% charge.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Ion is all about controlling the engagement. Laser poke for long range and spike damage, splitter for close range high DPS, and shield for maneuvering and nullifying other titans spike damage. She is my foto titan for trying hard.

Tone is getting harder to use because everyone is laser focused on tone solutions.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Ok. I'm getting better with tone now.

Also I wish cloak didn't look so ugly. It's way better than pulse knife or stim imo

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Ok. I'm getting better with tone now.

Also I wish cloak didn't look so ugly. It's way better than pulse knife or stim imo

Do you need to worry about what cloak looks like? I mean.....you're going to be cloaked most of the time.

In other news, I've managed to hit Generation 10 with my Tone, and unlocked all the kill streak paints as Ronin. I really do enjoy playing the latter and coming up with the most obnoxious colour schemes / nose art combinations.

Nothing like dashing towards someone who is unable to run away, knowing that the death they see is a purple Titan with a golden shotgun with a silly blue haired anime girl painted on the front.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    How my pilot looks is important

I wish the holo pilot kit wasn't worthless for bounty hunt and attrition, becuase it looks just as cool as the phase shift kit

• Options
    Apparently Nexon is releasing a free to play Asia-only version of the first Titanfall game

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I'll probably be busy, with good old real life stuff

How does permanently unlocking stuff work? I regenerated once so far, and i didn't save my merits to unlock things wanted

I did save up and unlock phase shift after I regenerated, but I'm trying to plan ahead

The starting rifle, SMG and shotgun are all really good, but I miss the quiet rodeo thing

Do I have to unlock it with merits before I unlock it by leveling up to keep it forever?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I'll probably be busy, with good old real life stuff

How does permanently unlocking stuff work? I regenerated once so far, and i didn't save my merits to unlock things wanted

I did save up and unlock phase shift after I regenerated, but I'm trying to plan ahead

The starting rifle, SMG and shotgun are all really good, but I miss the quiet rodeo thing

Do I have to unlock it with merits before I unlock it by leveling up to keep it forever?

All specific weapon upgrades are tied to the weapon, I believe, so once you unlock that gun again, you get access to all that stuff. Same for Titans.

Using credits to unlock stuff does so permanently.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    So I found out today that Ion's shoulder laser doesn't actually do any more damage when you "charge" it up.

Also you can zoom in when you're using it.

Ion is my main -_-

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I recently got this game so I can start playing with the Xbone people soon :)

• Options
    I'm really liking Ion, but I'm struggling to fight pilots with her

And there's no easy escape option when you're outnumbered and cornered, like Ronin has the teleport

• Options
    Your escape option is shield until you back off behind a corner

I think Ronin has the only explicit get the hell out of there ability. The others depend on positioning and map awareness. Punching will push a titan for a good distance. Really you want to save dashes for maintaining the engagement range you want.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5lty1r/tone_is_fine/

So ridiculous Tone gameplay aside, Titanfall is finally just like my Japanese animes. You have to briefly visit the hive of scum and villainy that is 4chan but apparently you can mod your game to be the same as that as well.

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »

So ridiculous Tone gameplay aside, Titanfall is finally just like my Japanese animes. You have to briefly visit the hive of scum and villainy that is 4chan but apparently you can mod your game to be the same as that as well.

Yeah, that triple triple tracking rocket thing was awesome, but definitely shows that Tone needs some kind of balancing thing

• Options
    There was a comment there on Tone being balanced if every other titan had no cooldown on their offensive ability. Legion essentially carrying a Gatling shotgun, Northstar filling every hall with cluster missiles, Ion sniping pilots with lasers all the time, scorch turning the world on fire and Ronin would become Raiden the thunder god.

A restrained version of this would be cool, where common actions help recharge abilities. Direct titan hits with the thermite launcher helps recharge flammable gas, Ronin Marlee hits help charge phase dash, full charge crit hits with Northstar gets you more cluster missiles, etc. could be in the same slot as extra dash.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    hey I have this on PS4 now, I'm Fearghaill on there as well

first impression of multi is god damn this game has too many different modes. Are there one or two modes that all the cool kids play, or does everyone just jump in mixtape and roll the dice?

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

first impression of multi is god damn this game has too many different modes. Are there one or two modes that all the cool kids play, or does everyone just jump in mixtape and roll the dice?

I myself just play attrition for the standard titanfall MP experience, and then last titan standing if I wanna switch it up

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Attrition and bounty hunt are fun, last titan standing seems neat, but I haven't played it much

If you can get the movement down, pilot vs pilot looks amazing

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I love the movement

it's like what if everyone was Lucio from Overwatch and also a space marine

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »

I must admit

I am sorely tempted

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

I am happy this game had so many different modes because I got really tired of overwatches real quick

Same goes for seige

But yeah mixtape or attrition are always good times and usually quick

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Mixtape and 24/7 angel city are my jam

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    So glad they bumped mixtape up to the first page of the list so it actually gets people playing it.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    SpazMuffinSpazMuffin Hey Cut it outRegistered User regular
    I've been playing a lot of Amped Hardpoint when trying out new pilot builds. Plus I feel like more often than not, if you are willing to hang back and keep your home base amped you can win well over 50% of the time. So often people just get tunnel vision on fighting for the center point while their base point falls out of being amped.

Cosgrove_Face_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    Hardpoint is one of my favourites because my constant use of the grappling hook is actually useful and warranted.

I'm still confused as to why they even have 2 pages of game modes when they can all fit on 1.

• Options
    Who wants to play on PS4?

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Necro thread bump but I really didn’t want to post this on the Visceral thread. EA just acquired Respawn. Which makes me damn sad because I still fire up Titanfall 2 every now and then. I hope they get to revisit TF one more time after their Star Wars game.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Necro thread bump but I really didn’t want to post this on the Visceral thread. EA just acquired Respawn. Which makes me damn sad because I still fire up Titanfall 2 every now and then. I hope they get to revisit TF one more time after their Star Wars game.

The released document literally says that they're working on a new Titanfall game.

• Options
    That'll be 10 bucks for the smart pistol DLC then.

• Options
    Rip Respawn

the Nexon competition is weird, but I'm still interested to see their weird free to play version of the game

VRXwDW7.png