As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Rogue Nation

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Rogue Nation

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• ZenigataZenigata Registered User regular
    Spoiler alert

It's bad. Buuut it says Star Wars on it so people will still throw piles of money at it regardless.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    It's good.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    It's great

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    It's excellent

But also half the amazing imagery that sold me on it, from the trailer? Not in there! I know reshoots happen things change, but I can't shake the feeling that the trailers contained awesome shots created just for the highlight reel. Not cool.

But what was there was fantastic.

Oh brilliant
  • bsctgodbsctgod Registered User regular
    I enjoyed it. It will tide me over until Episode VIII.

• KagatoACKagatoAC Registered User regular
    I'm actually going to see it today, I waited so the theater would not be packed with screaming kids. and other annoyances that any big release attracts on its opening weekend. I managed to completely avoid spoilers, its not that hard.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I can't decide if Rogue One is easy or impossible to avoid spoilers on. Cause it's a prequel to a 39 year old movie that everyone has seen.

Oh brilliant
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Rogue One is an excellent movie. It's better than a whole lot of the other SW movies.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    well, spoiler alert, they get the Death Star plans. But that just means it's more obviously all about the journey than most other movies.

Like most of the time you aren't wondering whether or not James Bond is going to die; it's all about the beforehand shenanigans.

• InkarnitInkarnit Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    I feel like it's impossible to be "spoiled" in this. But just in case, this will be a spoiler:

I mean, you know they get the plans. You know that you've never seen any of these people in the original movies. Each time we met a character, I was like "I wonder how this person is going to die."

What's to spoil?

• Huttj509Huttj509 Registered User regular
    Kagatoac, I saw an 11 pm showing so the theater wouldn't be packed with screaming kids.

• Comedy RefluxComedy Reflux Web creator FlandersRegistered User regular
    Still haven't seen it either, and have avoided spoilers so far, but likewise I feel like hunted prey. Spoilers are on the prowl.

Banner_2.jpg
    Back after a three year hiatus!
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I wonder if people will eventually feel the "event" status of a new Star Wars movie fade. I think they're still hyped up from getting two new SW movies in as many years and aren't really thinking about the fact that it's going to continue this way forever and ever and ever and ev

Not to say Rogue One is bad or anything. Haven't seen it yet. But knowing that this is a nonstop train has taken some of the fun away for me.

• ZenigataZenigata Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    For me, the Star Wars movies ended at ROTJ. I'm content to leave it there. I guess everyone else is content to just keep rehashing the same thing over and over and over again, because that can't ever possibly get old right? How many Pokemon games are there now? Which Call of Duty came out this year?

Oh...

Zenigata on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    I work at a theater, and while The Force Awakens hit $248 million opening weekend, Rogue One only got up to $155M. The more of these that come out, the faster people will get used to it, the less it will be Giant Event Movie, and that'll make our work somewhat less strenuous and tiring. Star Wars movies twice a year plz.

• RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    I work at a theater, and while The Force Awakens hit $248 million opening weekend, Rogue One only got up to $155M. The more of these that come out, the faster people will get used to it, the less it will be Giant Event Movie, and that'll make our work somewhat less strenuous and tiring. Star Wars movies twice a year plz.

When I went to see it last week, the theater was stuffed with people, I've never seen it that busy is quite a while, thinking they all came for Star Wars but the movie itself was pretty much filled a third. They probably all came for that Harry Potter spin off.

D083uBC.jpg
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Zenigata wrote: »
    For me, the Star Wars movies ended at ROTJ. I'm content to leave it there. I guess everyone else is content to just keep rehashing the same thing over and over and over again, because that can't ever possibly get old right? How many Pokemon games are there now? Which Call of Duty came out this year?

Oh...
    For me, the Star Wars movies ended forty six minutes and eight and a half seconds into The Empire Strikes Back. I'm content to leave it there.

• LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    There's a lot of salt in some of these comments. I have to say, Star Wars is a huge fantastic and expansive universe. I'm glad people were satisfied with the original trilogy (or even less so) but let's not go around poopoo-ing on people that enjoy more?

Unless of course you're poopoo-ing Force Awakens for being a carbon copy of the plot beats from New Hope, in which case, have at it.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    What really sucks is not despising the prequels. You cannot discuss those anywhere without needing to spend then better part of the day answering demands to justify how you could dare.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    @Zenigata Man, I hope what I'm about to say does a good enough job of skirting the "don't be a jerk" rules... Do you know what fun is? Can you tolerate other people having fun without sneering at them? Because based on what you've said here and in previous threads discussing certain MMO's, I get the impression that you mainly enjoy bragging about how you liked older, more novel works, or activities that were exclusive and not available to everyone. It would seem that when entertainment becomes common it automatically loses value to you. Most grown-ups and kids try to enjoy things on their own merits, and don't worry about whether they fit with a pretentious geek-chic persona. I'd link what Jerry wrote on this kind of thing when he talked about the Tron Legacy film, but I trust you get my point.

ETA: If you haven't seen the movie, maybe don't make a post saying it's shit and that people are just talking it up to get on the hype train. I mean talk about trying to be an edgelord.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

Oh...
    I haven't played it, but I hear that the latest generation of Pokemon games actually deviates from the formula in some interesting ways.

• HevachHevach Registered User regular

Oh...

Hey, it worked out fantastic* have Star Trek on a regular sequel cycle from 1979 to 2002 and continuously on TV from 1987 to 2005, why stop Star Trek after a pathetic six year run?

*-Spoiler: It did not work fantastic for most of that

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Enlong wrote: »
    What really sucks is not despising the prequels. You cannot discuss those anywhere without needing to spend then better part of the day answering demands to justify how you could dare.

The prequels are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

However the fact that you can cut all 3 movies into 1 film and that supercut was deemed to be better.....yeah I can see why people were less than thrilled by them.

Also ROTS has one of the best lightsaber duels of any of the movies. The Obi-Wan vs Anakin duel was brilliant in all it's baton twirling glory.

Karl on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Oh...

ROTJ was bad though.