As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

City [chat]

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    the office is so quiet

maybe I will make up a reason to ask my boss if I can work from home tomorrow

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    If my partner laughs more at somebody else's jokes than mine, I consider that cheating, or maybe a severe psychological disorder

they're probably mentally retarded

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Anyway time to go to Planned Parenthood

I'm stocking up on abortions in case they get banned

Hope you're not in Texas.

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/12/20/texas-kicks-planned-parenthood-out-medicaid/

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Is just the tip cheating?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I've never had sex

I'll take questions about whether I can relate to any of your "emotions" or "relationships"

why haven't you smurged anyone

I don't think there's a way to answer this?

I've never been in a relationship

I guess I find that harder to relate to because I was so desperate to find a sex person when I realized my sexuality and I tried for years

And then I realized I wanted to a relationship more

But then I realized people don't want or need it as bad or have a whole bungh of reasons I've never even thought of not to

Idk

yeah I feel like it'd be great but I've literally nveer dated or tried to date anyone and am not the type to I guess try to hook up for a night or something. it would never occur to me and if I wanted to I would not really know what to do.

you should go out on some dates sometime

personally i found out a lot about myself by dating others

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Is it cheating if love blooms on the battlefield?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Only if you're a gorilla.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Depends on what % is tip vs shaft.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    I've never had sex

I'll take questions about whether I can relate to any of your "emotions" or "relationships"

I guess I find that harder to relate to because I was so desperate to find a sex person when I realized my sexuality and I tried for years

But then I realized people don't want or need it as bad or have a whole bungh of reasons I've never even thought of not to

Idk

yeah I feel like it'd be great but I've literally nveer dated or tried to date anyone and am not the type to I guess try to hook up for a night or something. it would never occur to me and if I wanted to I would not really know what to do.

That sounds like a double nightmare IMO

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Is it cheating if love blooms on the battlefield?

what if love is a battlefield

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    Never mind, I talked to bobby and he said he doesn't consider it cheating now.
    Na na na na nuh na

• Options

this is static across all relationships and the answer, of course, is 'no' IF it's just for a second AND just to see how it feels

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Any Fallen Londoners need to reduce Suspicion? Have I got a card for you!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    an important part of evaluating fluidity is determining the properties of the flow

for example, whether it is lamellar or turbulent

the Reynolds number is an important parameter that helps us evaluate where on the lamellar-turbulent scale a particular flow falls, and is calculated thusly:

R = p * v * L / u where R is the Reynolds number, p is the fluid density, v is the fluid velocity, L is the characteristic length and u is the dynamic viscosity of the fluid

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Pony wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Also most people never sit down and define monogamy, boundaries, etc, so it's kind of... well, fluid isn't quite the right word, but like, amorphous and unpredictable?

Like, fuck, even I haven't done that, instead settling for roughly what Spool's saying and trusting that I have enough of a handle on who Querry is that our definition borders match up fuzzily but well enough that no one's gonna destroy the other

Most people don't even do that

it's true

it's almost like lawmaking by court ruling

issues come up as they come up, and that sets precedent, and that precedent is what is considered the rules going forward

until an issue comes up, the rules are whatever each partner thinks the other partner thinks it is

To be clear, we DID sit down and define monogamy and cheating and basically came to the conclusion that kissing others isn't ok, cuddling others is if it's someone the other's aware of, but in general given we are similar people with similar thoughts and backgrounds, don't do anything we might feel guilty for and tell the other ASAP if we do is an ok cheating test

Ok ACTUALLY going to PP now

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    What is love

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Fans have long imagined a more devious version of Hermione who readily embraces rule-breaking. That’s partly why she’s frequently paired romantically with Draco Malfoy in fanfiction, in a couple known as Dramione.

Hmm I see ok

Slytherin Hermione
    xiVXrCDl.jpg

Really, it's absolutely a joke that Hermione isn't in Ravenclaw

If she isn't, why does the house exist

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Is their a difference between emotional cheating and your partner having a complicated part of their emotional life that's separate from you?

i dont even know what this means without context

but generally i would say that if you are physically and emotionally intimate, compartmentalizing a certain aspect of your life from your partner is emotional cheating by way of omission

but everyone, or almost everyone, does this to a degree

100% honesty all the time sounds like a disaster if you're with someone for a long time

I don't lie about things but there are many things I will not mention unless my partner directly asks about it (unless it's something like, I suddenly racked up credit card debt, have a drug addiction or cheated that stuff comes out)

Idk I feel like compartmentalizing is vital in many cases

I disagree and don't operate my relationship like that.

There are plenty of times when I just don't mention something because it's inconsequential or irrelevant, but if I ever feel like I probably shouldn't tell Belasco something, I immediately go and tell her.

But do you always agree on what is inconsequential and irrelevant?

You're still making a judgment call there.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

like 65%

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    a super funny thing that happens with my wife is patients flirt with her at work constantly

when that starts to become less playful flirting and more like, he's making a semi-serious move or testing the waters, she will "my husband" a conversation

if he... uh... keeps going after that? like tosses her his number or asks for hers or whatever after that?

he's a complete write-off to her, like he's lost all charm. prior to that, if he bails out, she might actually speak well of him and consider his flirting endearing

but if she openly points out she's married and he goes for the punt anyway, fuck that guy

• Options
    you will note, class, that the Reynolds number is a dimensionless constant

therefore it may be helpful to track your units through your calculations to ensure they properly cancel, otherwise you might improperly conclude a turbulent flow is lamellar and wouldn't that be a messy situation!

*chuckles deeply to himself*

• Options
    a
    I've never had sex

you dont have to be in a relationship to smang

oh I guess it must be some other personal issue then

maybe if you were better at starcraft

why do you think I am the only person still playing

i honestly only ever bring up startcraft because i beat you in it one time

I KNOW GOOEY

ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Is their a difference between emotional cheating and your partner having a complicated part of their emotional life that's separate from you?

i guess the definition is kind of fluid. some people say like, anything that, if your partner knew about it, would make them uncomfortable. but some people are incredibly sensitive and jealous and would regard any conversation in private with the opposite sex as inappropriate. i think that's kind of silly. something i heard that i thought was a pretty reasonable definition is if your behavior with another person draws away from your behavior with your partner. so like, if you don't feel sexy- you think your partner doesn't communicate desire to you or whatever- so you get that effect from someone else, by flirting.

i guess that doesn't exactly gel with polyamory but for monogamous relationships it seems p close to me. if you're not contributing all the thoughts and actions you would in a happy relationship because you're siphoning off some of that validation or closeness or whatever to another person, that seems p bad.

i think trying to define cheating so empirically isn't really going to work as it really depends on the sort of implied relationship agreement between two (or more) individuals

right, like i said it's very fluid. all anyone can attempt to do is make a best-fit guess at it for most people.

I disagree utterly. It's not fluid - here's Scalzi on this issue, and he is correct:
    Scenario: You’ve just done something physically and/or emotionally intimate with another consenting adult human being who is not your spouse/partner.

So, gonna tell your partner?

a) Yes.

b) Any other response.

If the answer is “b,” then there’s a really excellent chance you’re cheating.

could be a and you were still cheating though

or b and you weren't

or you and your partner could not 100% agree on what counts as physically or emotionally intimate

it's fraught with peril!

he goes on:
    Cheating is allowing another person into a level of intimacy your partner expects to be theirs alone. That level of intimacy is not uniform from person to person. There is no guarantee that your partner’s expected level of intimacy will be entirely congenial to you; in that respect what qualifies as “cheating” is not up to you.

Most people get that. Most people also don’t want to hurt their partner and/or don’t want to get caught doing something they know their partner will consider cheating. Which is why any other response than an unqualified “yes” to telling your partner about an intimate encounter with another consenting adult human being is a good first indicator you’ve just done yourself some cheating.

http://whatever.scalzi.com/2011/06/08/how-to-know-if-youre-cheating/

okay so yeah i agree to that but it almost literally defines it as fluid

within the boundaries of the relationship, I don't see any fluidity here at all.

that's not the disagreement. if people agree upon boundaries, then those can be relatively static. we're saying those boundaries are fluid across other relationships.

'did i do something wrong' in the micro sense is probably easily answered. there isn't much fluidity there. the point is that the high water mark of wrongness is fluid between different people, so you saying to your friend 'you did x? that's cheating!' doesn't make sense

oh, yeah I agree with this. I don't get to say whether you cheated unless we're the ones in the relationship.

And by that I mean that I know what you did, you're a cheating sonovabitch, and you're never getting another taste of this so you might as well unfriend me coz it's over

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    an important part of evaluating fluidity is determining the properties of the flow

the Reynolds number is an important parameter that helps us evaluate where on the lamellar-turbulent scale a particular flow falls, and is calculated thusly:

R = p * v * L / u where R is the Reynolds number, p is the fluid density, v is the fluid velocity, L is the characteristic length and u is the dynamic viscosity of the fluid

Isn't lamellar when they have the things that shoot out water and it stays in a line.

That's pretty rad.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    i wonder how much more successful my life would have been if i had realized my sexuality maybe ten years earlier and stopped trying to pursue relationships just because i thought that's what i was supposed to do

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

like 65%

Definitely cheating.

Also, I'm sorry.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Shit! Damnit. @Feral and @Aioua also succumbed to the plague, despite our best medical efforts. Down to Chanus, SOTAR, and Hahnsoo.

XCaOm5i.png

7dC4UJS.png

"Suarez" is Aioua before the rename.

edit: Devoid of sadness and thrusting

I object to my likeness being used in a piece of art devoid of thrusting.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Fans have long imagined a more devious version of Hermione who readily embraces rule-breaking. That’s partly why she’s frequently paired romantically with Draco Malfoy in fanfiction, in a couple known as Dramione.

Hmm I see ok

Slytherin Hermione
    xiVXrCDl.jpg

H-hello!!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    you will note, class, that the Reynolds number is a dimensionless constant

therefore it may be helpful to track your units through your calculations to ensure they properly cancel, otherwise you might improperly conclude a turbulent flow is lamellar and wouldn't that be a messy situation!

*chuckles deeply to himself*

Lamellar? I hardly know her

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Is it cheating if you cheat on a test?

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

Hmm I see ok

Slytherin Hermione
    xiVXrCDl.jpg

She's super brave!

And also they heavily imply you get to pick the house you want to be in anyway.

• Options

oh hey thanks for clearing that up

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Pony wrote: »
    a super funny thing that happens with my wife is patients flirt with her at work constantly

when that starts to become less playful flirting and more like, he's making a semi-serious move or testing the waters, she will "my husband" a conversation

if he... uh... keeps going after that? like tosses her his number or asks for hers or whatever after that?

he's a complete write-off to her, like he's lost all charm. prior to that, if he bails out, she might actually speak well of him and consider his flirting endearing

but if she openly points out she's married and he goes for the punt anyway, fuck that guy

it's kind of gross how many guys will do that too

• Options
    TehSloth wrote: »
    I've never had sex

Idk

That sounds like a double nightmare IMO

honestly it's a risky strategy

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

u fkin nerd

• Options

like 65%

Definitely cheating.

Also, I'm sorry.

no it's like 10" and 65% tip

• Options

this is static across all relationships and the answer, of course, is 'no' IF it's just for a second AND just to see how it feels

these constraints are not required if the tip crosses a state or national boundary in order to achieve penetration

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

Hmm I see ok

Slytherin Hermione
    xiVXrCDl.jpg

it's kind of a thing that she is in gryffindor

the idea is that the sorting hat gets to the core of why someone would be in a house

hermione is smart and all about gaining knowledge for it's own sake, but then it is more important to her to do the right thing, no matter what it takes

which means at her core she's a gryffindor

• Options
    Honk wrote: »
    Is it cheating if you cheat on a test?

not if you're rich enough that it doesn't actually matter anyway

• Options

these constraints are not required if the tip crosses a state or national boundary in order to achieve penetration

ah of course, you'll see in subsection 3(b)iii 'The Ludacris Exemption',

This discussion has been closed.