As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Welcome to [chat], magicians

OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripateticRegistered User regular
edited December 2016 in Debate and/or Discourse
A game for bandits and emperors alike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RIDhA9c8qw

That video looks very good if you have a fancy TV, but otherwise I bet it looks weird and red.

Chess can be exciting! Like in this game that just decided the world championships!!

4tt5qiauz8go.png

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/gaming/2016/12/_50_qh6_the_move_that_won_magnus_carlsen_the_world_chess_championship.html

Chess tournaments can also be set in Bangkok and involve a lot of tug jobs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgc_LRjlbTU

CHESS.

OnTheLastCastle on

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Gryffindor is basically the house for people who are heroes.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbYZelOW7mkV0HhLJp2A8Xg/videos

jesus this kid is like 10 and he's more woodsman than I am.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    The better song from Chess is "Anthem":
    https://youtu.be/knNOPwSVAe0

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Geth, ban hanhsoo1 from my chat because he once beat me in chess in like 4 moves when I was having a poop day. Then fire ze missiles.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Geth, they don't love you like I love you

Geth, ban hanhsoo1 from my chat because he once beat me in chess in like 4 moves when I was having a poop day. Then fire ze missiles.
    I said I was sorry! :( In the wrong thread, but still!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Or

Not

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    seriously those 4k hdr videos on youtube are insane if you have the equipment

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    A notification popped up in the corner of my screen.

Robot Santa mentioned me? Could it be?! Is today my day to shine?!?!

I felt a swelling of hope in my breast, so great I could barely contain it. With shaking hand, I clicked "Refesh", flinger flying over the scroll wheel as I raced to the bottom of the page.

*scroll*
    *scroll*
    *scroll*

@OnTheLastCastle

YOU DIED

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbYZelOW7mkV0HhLJp2A8Xg/videos

jesus this kid is like 10 and he's more woodsman than I am.

I totally did not suggest we could harm this fine boy.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    City of Seattle to Divest From Wells Fargo, Citing DAPL and Fraud Scandal
    AN ORDINANCE relating to strengthening The City of Seattle’s policies for
    conducting City business with socially responsible banks, amending Sections 20.65.010,
    20.65.030, and 20.70.040 of the Seattle Municipal Code; amending the revised City of Seattle
    Investment Policies adopted by Resolution 31525; requesting the Mayor and Director of Finance
    and Administrative Services to take certain actions, including not renewing the Contract for
    Bank Depository Services with Wells Fargo Bank beyond the initial term, endeavoring to enter
    into a voluntary debarment agreement with Wells Fargo Bank for a period of at least one year,
    and refraining from conducting banking, investment, or other business with Wells Fargo Bank
    for a period of at least one year when it is in the City’s discretion.

Summary and background of the Legislation: This ordinance relates to strengthening The
    City of Seattle’s policies for conducting City business with socially responsible banks, amending
    Sections 20.65.010, 20.65.030, and 20.70.040 of the Seattle Municipal Code; amending the
    revised City of Seattle Investment Policies adopted by Resolution 31525; requesting the Mayor
    and Director of Finance and Administrative Services to take certain actions, including not
    renewing the Contract for Bank Depository Services with Wells Fargo Bank (“Wells Fargo”)
    beyond the initial term, endeavoring to enter into a voluntary debarment agreement with Wells
    Fargo for a period of at least one year, and refraining from conducting banking, investment, or
    other business with Wells Fargo for a period of at least one year when it is in the City’s
    discretion.

Wells Fargo, pursuant to a competitive procurement in 2013, currently provides services to The
    City of Seattle under the Contract for Bank Depository Services between The City of Seattle and
    Wells Fargo with an initial contract term through December 31, 2018, including managing more
    than $3 billion
    of Seattle’s operating account, including a biweekly payroll of $30 million for
    approximately 12,000 employees.

Wells Fargo’s policies have recently been widely criticized for promoting social injustices. It is a
    substantial investor in the Dakota Access Pipeline, which has faced the courageous opposition of
    activists from hundreds of Indian Nations, environmental organizations, and other social justice
    organizers. It has also been widely reported that senior management of Wells Fargo directed
    employees to fraudulently create more than 2 million unauthorized bank and credit card accounts
    during the past five years, negatively affecting the credit ratings of millions of customers across
    the United States. In response to this scandal, it is reported that Wells Fargo has terminated the
    employment of more than 5,300 of the corporation’s lowest-paid workers, but has not fired a
    single senior executive.

This ordinance changes the investment policies of The City of Seattle to allow for the social
    responsibility of banks applying to do business with the City to hold greater weight. It also
    requests that the contract with Wells Fargo not be renewed.

$3,000,000,000

Hahaha, get fucked, Wells Fargo

Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I said I was sorry! :( In the wrong thread, but still!

haha, it's fine. it was pretty hilarious.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Look, everyone gets got by the 4-move mate. It's a rite of passage.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    (The bill is in committee but is expected to pass next month)

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Republican lawmakers in New York are fighting a plan to destroy the personal information collected from nearly one million people, many of them undocumented immigrants, who applied for New York City ID cards.

We're against centralized registrations except when primarily non-white people use it

Just fucking put that on the GOP platform already

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Yeah gooey I'm sure I'd enjoy it on multiple levels it just often feels like that ship has sailed.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Look, everyone gets got by the 4-move mate. It's a rite of passage.

nah it wasn't that move

he didn't mate, he just like wrecked me

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    the only chess game i've ever witnessed was last january when i was single at a bar 30 minutes before closing time

i was with my 2 female roommates and they were trying to wingman me and help me score with someone from this group of asian girls

the asian girls were trying to wingman their guy friend onto one of my roommates

eventually one of the girls asked "does our friend have any chance with one of your friend's tonight?"

i looked and realized what was happening, that this was a chess match between two groups of girls, us guys were the pawns

so i told her "he has as much of a chance with them as i have a chance with you"

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    yassssssssss queeeeeeen takes pawn

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Yeah gooey I'm sure I'd enjoy it on multiple levels it just often feels like that ship has sailed.

nah, esp. with online dating

919UOwT.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

I dont think so bro. Youre a good looking cool dude with tons to offer

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

http://www.ourtime.com/

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    the only chess game i've ever witnessed was last january when i was single at a bar 30 minutes before closing time

i was with my 2 female roommates and they were trying to wingman me and help me score with someone from this group of asian girls

the asian girls were trying to wingman their guy friend onto one of my roommates

eventually one of the girls asked "does our friend have any chance with one of your friend's tonight?"

i looked and realized what was happening, that this was a chess match between two groups of girls, us guys were the pawns

so i told her "he has as much of a chance with them as i have a chance with you"

so you and that guy fucked right

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    'Neckbeard' is a slur basically akin to 'retard' and people oughtn't use it.
    Huh? How do you figure?
    I don't think it's that bad but I do pretty much agree with this comic that it ought to be avoided.

everydayfeminism.com/2016/02/neckbeard-cartoon/

OK, that comic makes a good point and I will refrain from using Neckbeard as an insult from now on.

I can still use fedora-wearer as an insult tho can't I??

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Finally a good game as McCree. Finally starting to find my groove with him again

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I need someone to carry me to the shower and then dress me. I think I could take it from there and leave the house.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    I need someone to carry me to the shower and then dress me. I think I could take it from there and leave the house.

if you can wait til like sometime sunday afternoon i'm omw

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

I'll wheel you out to the garage and spray you down with a garden hose

Agreed?

Healing from toxic whiteness: click to sign up today!

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I stopped trying to play Mr. Hero and stayed with the team and oh my god I am getting kills and damage.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    ain't no cure for being white

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

Savage.

nibXTE7.png
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I really wanted to be able to install my own siding, but it just seems too complicated. I called the house repair company I've been using to come give us an estimate. Sigh.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Savage.

Yeah that's rekt.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

I'll wheel you out to the garage and spray you down with a garden hose

Agreed?

Bring me my rag on a stick

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Ah thanks dudes, I didn't mean to make it like that I'm not down on myself or a sad sack. Just hard to meet new people for any reason.

But thanks.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch

Savage.
    ONE OF THE LADIES HAS A GIANT SPIDER

Ah thanks dudes, I didn't mean to make it like that I'm not down on myself or a sad sack. Just hard to meet new people for any reason.

But thanks.

it's tough

if you're happy doing what you're doing, then you do you, but like, if you think you might want to try it out, it's definitely something you can accomplish

ilu either way

This discussion has been closed.