As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No notifications?

RiusRius Globex CEONobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
I discovered that Fishman @'d me in the board games thread in CF, but only accidentally. I never got a notification that I'd been @'d, and if I check my notifications menu now by clicking on the globe, it says I "have no notifications yet."

Right now I'm on mobile Chrome on Android 6.something.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Can you check out your notification options?

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    The post in question has been edited, and I believe @s added in edits don't send notifications. If it wasn't in the original version of the post that would explain it.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Came looking for a thread about this when I stumbled on this post:

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/36632657/#Comment_36632657

I was mentioned there, but not notified.

The post was not edited, and my notifications are enabled.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Confirmed, I'm experiencing the same issue and @'s were working yesterday.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Yeah, I'm not getting @s either

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, notifications seem to be busted. No one I've talked to has gotten any, despite the influx of mentions from the Appreciation thread.

Preferences, for reference:
    Ve6lqFa.png

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Likewise I haven't seen any either.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    someone @ me

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Alright, it's working for me. Obviously I'm the best.

• Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    Wow, confirmation bias much?

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Alright, it's working for me. Obviously I'm the best.

So we're on a need to know basis where we don't need to know?

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    This is likely related to the permissions for the holiday forum and it's not affecting me because I have global permissions. Bad news is it's probably not going to get fixed because it's temporary and Vanilla are about to take their holiday break.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    This is likely related to the permissions for the holiday forum and it's not affecting me because I have global permissions. Bad news is it's probably not going to get fixed because it's temporary and Vanilla are about to take their holiday break.

Can you just make me a global admin? People are trying to notify me of cute posts and in-jokes and I am missing them.

I promise to only use my powers capriciously.