As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    wd2oz80z2cde.jpeg

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    send help

8yC24wi.jpg

• KongoKongo Registered User regular
    I'm not sure which is cooler, the Deathscythe or the awesome cat platform it's sitting on (my cats have to make do with the tops of bookshelves).

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    ive been catching up with ibo and there's some good suits in season 2

I want a Hugo and a vidar and a flauros and new gusion and I guess new barbatos

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Vidar is Good

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »

Just a heads up the new gusion kit comes with next to no accessories. It only has the scissor back skirt thing and two tiny knuckle dusters.

Also a big old pile of color app stickers.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »

The Flauros Ryusei Go MARK IV!

Seriously, I love how all Shino's suits are painted pink with shark eyes. It's lucky!

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    So it's been a long time since I build a model kit.

But now thanks to secret saints I am the owner of a Scopedog Red Shoulder Custom!

Going to get cracking in this tonight I think! Anyone got any good tips for someone who hasn't done models in a long time?

• KongoKongo Registered User regular
    15492357_10154751291051897_2540252224407708187_n.jpg?oh=d469080ec51e353ab0717ddccb7eb254&oe=58E2E677

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Kongo wrote: »
    15492357_10154751291051897_2540252224407708187_n.jpg?oh=d469080ec51e353ab0717ddccb7eb254&oe=58E2E677

So, do you have to pay extra for the giant robot rider on your car insurance policy, or is it just included in the standard package?

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am hopefully getting a bunch of gunpla for christmas.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Will it turns out putting together a model for 6 hours with no breaks can give you a hell of a headache.

Woops! I've made so much progress though. I have the body the head the weapons and the right arm together! Now I'm taking a much needed break though cause my head and neck need it and I didn't realize it's been almost 6 hours.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I painted this beautiful boy for his Deathscythe:

MiBWjqG.jpg

This was a really fun project for today!

http://imgur.com/a/yGeki

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    tumblr_oikgy0LdJV1sv6b1ko8_540.jpg

Singapore papercraft is off the chain
    (its a robbit it counts)

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • LogicReasonLogicReason Registered User regular
    So, built two things since the forum changed, but now it's back, and here's what I made!

First is my GM III, which I attempted some panel lining and markering some details on it, so front and back.

41ar6ktcyfgi.jpg
    1nbwhigwvnq0.jpg

The other is the Graze Ritter I built.

f800d9wgtbcn.jpg

I need to get some paint for the sword, a little annoying it came in black instead of gray.

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I got RG Sinanju for Christmas.

Gonna put it together as soon as I feel like it.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    So, built two things since the forum changed, but now it's back, and here's what I made!

First is my GM III, which I attempted some panel lining and markering some details on it, so front and back.

41ar6ktcyfgi.jpg
    1nbwhigwvnq0.jpg

The other is the Graze Ritter I built.

f800d9wgtbcn.jpg

I need to get some paint for the sword, a little annoying it came in black instead of gray.

Two of my favorite grunt suits. Nice choices.

Don't forget the gold on the handle for the ritter. Helps it keep the ceremonial look.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    +1 from me. That survey is delightfully Japanese. "Do you get character information from app push notifications" :tell_me_more:

"What is one store where you usually purchase character products (real store location)" is a required field.

That survey is just too cute

fuck gendered marketing
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    So I briefly mentioned in the last thread that I'm looking to get back into plastic modeling after a long absence. I'm not a beginner really but I am quite rusty and the last things I was doing were all Warhammer-related. I think the actual last military model was a 1/72 Mi-24 like... 20 years ago.

I've kind of always wanted to try my hand at gundams but I'm not sure what I should be doing for a shakedown project and would like some suggestions from the thread. Preferably that doesn't require airbrushing since I have no idea where my airbrush went.

I'm currently thinking maybe a battle-damaged GM or maybe a Graze or possibly something 1/35 and tankish.

fuck gendered marketing
  • HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular

41ar6ktcyfgi.jpg
    1nbwhigwvnq0.jpg

Oh hello there RX coloration and prettiness. Is this HG or MG?

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    So I briefly mentioned in the last thread that I'm looking to get back into plastic modeling after a long absence. I'm not a beginner really but I am quite rusty and the last things I was doing were all Warhammer-related. I think the actual last military model was a 1/72 Mi-24 like... 20 years ago.

I've kind of always wanted to try my hand at gundams but I'm not sure what I should be doing for a shakedown project and would like some suggestions from the thread. Preferably that doesn't require airbrushing since I have no idea where my airbrush went.

I'm currently thinking maybe a battle-damaged GM or maybe a Graze or possibly something 1/35 and tankish.

Can't really go wrong with something like a HGUC model of the original RX-78 Gundam. Or another simple-ish suit. The HG 1/144th scale models are pretty nice since most of them don't need much painting.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Gunpla I got for Christmas.

What I've assembled.

ab1o828sqg4u.jpg

What I still have to do.

3p7w3iqyrnfc.jpg

Also I ordered two of the new Origins Guncannons.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

I came from a very similar perspective. I'd recommend Grimoire as a nice starting project 'cause it's cheap and real solid and you can paint it in neat ways.

It's a bit small.

I also really liked the VOTOMS kit i painted up. It's a big, solid kit, and it's got heaps of detail that gets covered up by armour plating that'd look great battle damaged.

Also i've found that GW paint goes pretty well onto the kits, if that's where you're coming from. No need for undercoating, just paint on a few layers.

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    WHO IS THIS BEAUTIFUL RED BOY?!

toy-gdm-3059.jpg

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    What.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    That is a very cool looking kit that I got no idea where it's from. The overall shape is kinda like a boxy version of an Astray

Oh brilliant
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Gundam Astaroth Origin

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I love Zakus, Goufs, Kampfers.

Also look at this "MS-05 Zaku First Refined Type 185th Airborne Paratrooper Use"

SNoOtJn.jpg?1

That would be a fun kit to make, if it weren't magazine only.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Yayyy my cherno alpha hash shipped! Dissapointing results of my shit painting in a while!

Lemme know how that goes, and if the decals are waterslides or stickers! I got one on order too, just can't afford to ship it yet ;p

Oh brilliant
    Renzo wrote: »
    Gundam Astaroth Origin

Well, I need to get my tools out of storage and buy that kit.

I have about 5 different shades of red that need to be applied to it.

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Lemme know how that goes, and if the decals are waterslides or stickers! I got one on order too, just can't afford to ship it yet ;p

Yeah for having never painted a kit this was prooobably not a good use of my money. But cerno alpha!

Jesus this Origins RX-78-01N has a lot of tiny stickers. More than usual.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    WHO IS THIS BEAUTIFUL RED BOY?!

toy-gdm-3059.jpg

I literally just built this tonight!

He's super cool

z7xn65vpq9qt.jpg
    fwgj1b25j4ky.jpg
    b4k1xbkdz906.jpg

Con: Shoulder panels are a little top-heavy and make extended arm posing a bit of a pain.

Also, this was my first drunk build!

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    My Christmas Gunpla loot:

HG Transient Gundam Glacier
    MG Hi-Nu Gundam Ver. Ka HWS expansion set
    MG Sazabi Ver. Ka (with the premium decals too)

I got a mighty gunpla haul, tho most of it is headed to Lady Raven so I can't build it til I emigrate :<

Got the MG Banshee to build! I immediately snapped one of the horns off the v-fin. :tell_me_more:

Oh brilliant
This discussion has been closed.