As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

so how long did it take you to realize

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    also, i have been wearing the hell out of my Deus Ex leggings.

but i usually wore loose cotton drawstring pants to yoga 'cause i want to look like i am about to do tai chi at any moment, i guess
    ...i need to start doing yoga again -- i do love it.

but i have found it difficult to find a studio near me that's not full-on yogi, i am now your spiritual guide, listen to my mixtape or the other extreme of gym-rat look at my ass pragmatism. and for now, i need the motivation of a class to get me to practice. i'll get there.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    ht2dm09axg1e.jpg

This is... disappointing

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    pooka wrote: »

but i usually wore loose cotton drawstring pants to yoga 'cause i want to look like i am about to do tai chi at any moment, i guess

but i have found it difficult to find a studio near me that's not full-on yogi, i am now your spiritual guide, listen to my mixtape or the other extreme of gym-rat look at my ass pragmatism. and for now, i need the motivation of a class to get me to practice. i'll get there.

it took me years - quite literally - to get comfortable enough to walk into a new unfamiliar class or studio so I feel you there. I was fortunate enough to attend a retreat recently and met a ton of amazing teachers from all over the country (and world!), which led me to finding an incredible studio near me. prior to that I only really did it on vacation a few times a year.

but yeah I'm definitely into the full-on yogi, i am now your spiritual guide yoga because apparently I seriously need that in my life. not for everyone for sure but it has done so much good I can't even talk about it much without getting some happy yoga tears.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Thuis is now the pun thread.

Cover me in your best punss.

Every thread on PA inevitably degenerates into abject punnery

That's not a very good pun.

D-

Please takie this note home to yourm parents

Thanks a lot Veldrin now I'm grounded

Oh crap I am so sorry

Let's sneak out late tonight and smoke some weed down by the river
    pooka wrote: »

There's definitely a happy middle ground when it comes to yoga instruction

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I'm an ass idealist

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    i'm a fat ass

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    is it ok to do yoga in the nude

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

someone I go to class with regularly posts nudie yoga instagrams and she uses a nude yoga hash tag to go with them so yes I think it is ok if your setting allows.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

That's how the inventor of Yoga, Harold Yoga, intended on it being done.

Then the church got ahold of it and clothes were introduced.

• Options

someone I go to class with regularly posts nudie yoga instagrams and she uses a nude yoga hash tag to go with them so yes I think it is ok if your setting allows.

Aren't you just like camming at that point, veneer of mystical athleticism aside

• Options

Aren't you just like camming at that point, veneer of mystical athleticism aside

No

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    oh, phoenix DOWN

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular

the truly elite black diamond level poses can only be completed in the nude.

in a darkened room with only tasteful candle light

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    The first time I heard of hot yoga I thought they were just doing away with the pretense and specifically doing yoga for titillation purposes

The real concept is not nearly as interesting

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    As a person who sweats a lot and who hates sweating

hot yoga is a nightmare scenario

Veldrin on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I like tepid yoga myself

• Options

No

Okay but in a class full of naked people you wouldn't peep around even a single time

Because if you peeped

Even once

The truth would be out and this would be effectively camming

• Options
    edited December 2016
    I like tepid yoga myself

Hot yoga is bullshit though so your post isn't even a joke

Tepid yoga is actually better

desc on
  • Options

hmmmm in this case I'd probably say no, at least for this person. she's swole af so there's more muscle definition and they're p tasteful.

• Options
    i get hog body sweats in cuddly feel good hatha yoga. hot yoga would probably melt me like when that nazi jerk opened the ark.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular

No

Okay but in a class full of naked people you wouldn't peep around even a single time

Because if you peeped

Even once

In hot yoga?

No. Because I'd be dying a heat death.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    i am evidently now made of sweat, so i am learning to once again embrace my hippie nature and just fuckin roll with it until my body figures out its shit.

and i really want to try bikram, so maybe this is just my hormones being like, "HEY DO THAT THING"

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Aphostile wrote: »

No

Because if you peeped

Even once

In hot yoga?

No. Because I'd be dying a heat death.

You've weaseled your way out of my trap thanks to your sweat this time

But I'll get you someday when you're dry

Just you wait

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    no

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    and i am totes not judging on the spiritual yogi path.
    i just have a strong aversion to most guided meditation, so it is rare for me to find that rapport. i've met several well-meaning, lovely teachers that just make me roll my eyes because they come on too strong for me and ring false. i'm just a better fit with zazen style meditation, which is less common at my level of yoga practice (beginner.)

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    there's a studio nearby that I thought about trying since I hear it's well regarded.

then I check the website and noticed A) the room would hit 90+ degrees and B) the primary class' description started with "get all the fluff out of the way and just power through your hour." As someone who attends in no small part for the fluff, this clearly wasn't going to be a good fit.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    you kids and your marijuanas

You have to be careful with that shit - Becky injected one marijuana and she totes died right after!

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    I still say Social Entropy

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    no

cmon

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Dude where the fuck would you go to even buy a shopping cart

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Glossolalia.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Don't be a total alfalfa sprout when you teach yoga but also don't be a total protein powder

That's all I ask

Meet me somewhere in the middle namaste

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Dude where the fuck would you go to even buy a shopping cart

shopping carts cost £1 making them a common impulse buy, but the return for a refund rate is nearly 100%

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Glossolalia.

Happenstance and Ribaldry

• Options
    JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    Hapinstance and ribaldry

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    If you ever think we're ever going to top the Wubble Woo you're out of your fucking mind.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I never noticed the pun, but then I didn't figure out #pipe's name until like two years ago.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    SOCIAL DEVASTATION

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Social distortion

made some good songs

• Options
    Skeith wrote: »
    I never noticed the pun, but then I didn't figure out #pipe's name until like two years ago.

What the fuck does pound sign pipe mean?