As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Carrie Fisher has become one with The Force

BucketmanBucketman Call meSkraggRegistered User regular
edited December 2016 in Social Entropy++
http://people.com/movies/carrie-fisher-dies/?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

Iconic Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies at 60

Sorry guys this is awful news. Everything looked good after the incident the other day but this morning it appears she passed.

2016 can fuck right off.

Bucketman on

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    fuck

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    ahhhh FUCK

EzUAYcn.png
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Fuckin. Come on.

Nothing. Matters.
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    : (

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Well, shit.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I'm not seeing this anywhere else.

I'm using that as a tiny bit of optimism

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    god damnit 2016 could you fucking give it a rest

override367 on
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    I'm not seeing this anywhere else.

I'm using that as a tiny bit of optimism

It's directly sourcing a statement from the family. Other news orgs are picking it up as well.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Fuuuuuuuuck

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    ah jeez :(

Veldrin on
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    FUCK! :cry:

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Given she went 15 minutes without oxygen, this doesn't surprise me. But still.. Fucking goddamnit.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    It hurts too much to say passed away right now so I choose became one with The Force

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Eat a whole buffet of dicks, 2016

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    It hurts too much to say passed away right now so I choose became one with The Force

No one wielded a machine gun or a rocket launcher like her.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I am definitely tired of people I like dying.

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Shame. 60 is so young.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Her scenes in The Blues Brothers are legitimately my favorite part of that movie

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    This shitty terrible year had to get one last fucking dig in didn't it? I have lost so many touchstone people from my childhood and early teens that really shaped a lot of how I view the world. They start to feel like losing family. For a lot of people Bowie or Carrie or Gene Wilder are just pop culture icons but I feel like for some of us that were a little too different for their small towns, or even their families they were a lot more than that. They were the ones out there that told/ showed you by example that it was ok to be a little weird, a little wild and a little nerdy.

Hawkstone on
    Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I'm imagining the end scene of Return of the Jedi now and I'm even sadder

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    This sucks. Gone way too soon. May the force be with you.

• Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Nope, just fuck off world

I don't need this

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Shit

Beasteh on
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    This shitty terrible year had to get one last fucking dig in didn't it?

People said that about George Michael too, and look what happened.

I'm not convinced 2016 is done killing celebrities just yet. Because 2016 is the worst.

WotanAnubis on
  • GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    Fuck.
    At least i got to meet her and talk with her about how Gary is the best name. (Its the name of her dog)

• Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    No, fuck no, this fucking sucks.

I took my nephew to see Rogue One last night, he loved it and me made an agreement to see episode 8 next year.

Fuck... fuck. this hits it right in the feels. I mean she had a history of drug abuse, but even so. This hurts.

Then there is the fact that her mother Debbie Reynolds is still alive at 84, that makes it even worse.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Fucking No : (

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    This sucks.

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    ah fucking hell this is taking the piss now,

Really?

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Aww c'mon, no...

• Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    GaryO wrote: »
    Fuck.
    At least i got to meet her and talk with her about how Gary is the best name. (Its the name of her dog)

That's pretty incredible dude.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    So sorry for her family, and even the crew of the new movies who had a chance to work with her. Especially Hamill and Ford, who had all just reuinted after decades, and from what I could tell were always on good terms with one another

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    This shitty terrible year had to get one last fucking dig in didn't it?

People said that about George Michael too, and look what happened.

I'm not convinced 2016 isn't done killing celebrities just yet. Because 2016 is the worst.

It's like the advent calendar from hell, every day I open it up to find a new celebrity death.

Fuck you 2016

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    What absolutely awful news. She seemed like she was having the time of her life lately with the resurgence of Star Wars and everything. She was an absolute treasure, always.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Princess Leia was pretty much the closest I had to a role model growing up. So uh. Pretty....pretty upset here, folks.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh nooooooooooo

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Her mother outlived her.

Fuck off 2016. Just fuck off already.

• SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    I'm sad

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Just.

God dammit.