As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Look At Pups II: The Video Game Sequel

2»

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    This is not the Nintendogs thread I thought it was

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I just found an old jeep in game that looks like a Jurassic Park Jeep but says Deadsec on the side. Also the horn is a Dinosaur roar.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    This game starts super sudden, it feels like a movie but doesn't exactly work as a game? I still love it so far.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    This game is....really good so far? How is this game SO much better?

And I like everyone in hacker club.

Also I'm stylish as hell

IKknkhU.gif
    edited November 2016
    After playing several hours I can now say that this game is very good and I like it a lot.

It's kind of blowing me away how this game's tone is so nice? Maybe because I'm so used to my open world games having a real dismal tone. All the GTAs, Infamous, the last WatchDogs. Like it's cool just hanging around a board game shop and hearing a dude talk about German board games or a lady talking about her DnD game and it not being a joke of "look how nerdy these people are!" I ran into a woman who talked about marrying her wife at a local landmark and that made me feel really good, and needless to say I was thrilled at having a trans woman character who wasn't a joke (although it sucks that she's voiced by a dude.)

I love the crew, I love the missions so far and the gameplay is solid. Great game.

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    A radio commercial came on and I was preparing myself for the horribleness of GTA but it was just a legit ad for laser eye surgery that could have been on a real radio?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

edited November 2016
    I'm also, like, super impressed by the diversity in the main cast. After the hard backpedaling the Assassin's Creed series took post-AC3 combined with Aiden Pierce's generic-ass white-dude aesthetic, I was not expecting a) a black protagonist and b) the rest of your gang to consist of another black guy, a girl, and a high-functioning autistic dude. Wrench is, like, the most "traditional" of them, and even then the only stuff we know about him is that he identifies as male and has light-ish skin. It's pretty cool!

And I immediately sympathized with Josh when I saw his reaction to the Cyberdriver trailer.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    I liked the first Watch_Dogs.

hacksaw confirmed worst person

I kinda feel like as long as Tugboat's around, we can't really confirm this. Or me, sure, me too. Or a lot of us. Or maybe Hacksaw, yeah, he could be the worst.

Your hate only increases my strength and resolve. I am inspired to love the first Watch_Dogs even more, now.

• Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    It's like ubisoft actually listened to all the major issues from the first game and nailed it with fixing the most important ones.

No I don't.
    Wrench is probably going to be the character people talk about but Josh is shooting up my list of favs. His whole reason for hacking is really impactful and he's also super hilarious as the straight man.

2ohWien.png
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I'm surprised the other shoe hasn't dropped on this game, I'll probably get it when it's cheaper.

So I just found out something super important about nonlethal damage

Not all nonlethal is created equal

Anything that knocks people out due to electrical shock (i.e. your stun gun or environmental triggers) only lasts, like, a couple minutes. As far as I can tell, the only way to make dudes STAY down without killing them is to melee them. On the plus side, you can really easily melee them as they're waking up with no danger to yourself. So if you're not stunning enemies in rapid succession (and remember which order you stunned them in), you can drop them with electricity and methodically choke them out if you think you're gonna have to stay in the area for a while.

IKknkhU.gif
    I figured that out at THE WORST time

2ohWien.png
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I just started playing this. Watching Wrench and Marcus bro out over movie trailers is the best.

Really liking the fun tone so far, love that non violent is a option.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Hey

This is out on PC tomorrow and you can preload it if you already got it

6F32U1X.png
    What 'Watch Dogs 2' Gets So Right, and So Wrong, About Race

It's got spoilers but it's a very good read.

2ohWien.png
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    so i'm enjoying this a whole lot, but it's the most infuriating thing that on pc the "quit out of this phone hacking thing" is the same button as "cancel this conversation and make sure you can't listen to it ever again"

WHY IS THERE EVEN A SINGLE BUTTON PRESS TO SKIP DIALOGUE THIS IS REALLY INFURIATING

i actually like these weirdos

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Just finished this.

There are things I really liked about it, mainly the characters and tone.

There are I really didn't like, mostly gameplay related.

I probably would have liked the soundtrack if the game ever let me hear it.
    I know there was an RTJ track in there somewhere, but I never heard it.
    All the radio tracks were way too low in the audio mix.

I am interested to see where they go with the next game.

Diarmuid on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Did Horatio get added late or something? The game acts like he is one of the main deadsec crew but he's never in cutscenes or radio dialogues.

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Did Horatio get added late or something? The game acts like he is one of the main deadsec crew but he's never in cutscenes or radio dialogues.

The reasons for this will become obvious as you progress through the game.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I really want to try this out but since I have so much other stuff, and apparently Redbox isn't going to carry this, I gotta wait for a sale or something

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I got this for Christmas

Skipping the first one was the best decision I could have made, huh

Like, in my head, Watch_Dogs The Franchise is just Marcus and his good good friends and their hijinks

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I've played a bit and there are some really fun bits to it and exploring fake bay area is a blast, even if they were kind of dickish about how they depicted the sausalito houseboats. it's not actually a floating slum in the real world I promise.

my only real complaint is how every collectible thing boils down to awkwardly climbing a building or hacking a forklift to awkwardly climb a building.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    I've been playing this today and I like it a lot!
    Aside from the fact that you just can't have a bunch of people in a big corporate AAA video game talking about the evils of the corporate system, man, without it sounding a little goofy, I like the tone of it and the general commitment to fun times over cynical grittiness
    Also I am going to see if I can get through this without printing a single actual gun

...the melee is non-lethal, right?
    melee KOs don't have the Z's over their heads but I can't imagine Marcus is beating these people to death with that chain thing

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    I liked the first Watch_Dogs.

hacksaw confirmed worst person

I kinda feel like as long as Tugboat's around, we can't really confirm this. Or me, sure, me too. Or a lot of us. Or maybe Hacksaw, yeah, he could be the worst.

Your hate only increases my strength and resolve. I am inspired to love the first Watch_Dogs even more, now.

i will not let you have the title of worst person, steve

you don't get that satisfaction

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    ...the melee is non-lethal, right?
    melee KOs don't have the Z's over their heads but I can't imagine Marcus is beating these people to death with that chain thing

the Zs just mean that the npcs will get up again if you leave them long enough

the game technically doesn't really make any distinctions between lethal and non-lethal beyond the non-lethal firearms not being permanent, so you've just got to assume that the chain thing doesn't kill people

Good enough for me

I will say that with the ball and chain thing I went through the exact same thought process of "wait, did I just kill someone?" when I first did it

I was a little surprised that you can immediately fast travel to anywhere
    usually they want to encourage you to drive around this city they modeled for a while

These kart races are bad

I just got past (spoilers for a side mission started in a Chinese restaurant)
    the one with the sentient iconic cap, Aiden Pierce

It turns out the way to make these characters insufferable is to have them gush about how cool that asshole is

There is a hat in the Ubisoft pack that says ICONIC CAP on it

I just got past (spoilers for a side mission started in a Chinese restaurant)
    the one with the sentient iconic cap, Aiden Pierce

It turns out the way to make these characters insufferable is to have them gush about how cool that asshole is
    Still mad the hat you get after that isn't called "Iconic Cap"

2ohWien.png
    The checkpointing in this game sucks

So I've reached a point where I can't earn anymore xp but I still need points for upgrades?

To my knowledge I've gotten all of the ones in the world, but I'd need like 30 more points for all the upgrades, and I can't imagine there's that many of those hidden around

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    I just bet this game and had a shit ton of fun with it, with one big complaint:
    Did they just decide to not give Horatio much of a story? He's in the beginning cutscene, the Helter Skelter scene, and the Nudle mission, but besides that he's never around. He doesn't comment on any side missions, he's barely on the chat, and rarely in the headquarters. I know part of it was he is killed, but still, it was disappointing because the few times you do interact with him he seems really cool and interesting.