As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Internet Radio [Podcasts]

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i mean garfield is just a name, i don't think there's anything in the podcast itself that suggests that he's literally garfield the cat

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    actually Deals Warlock was copyrighted by Rihanna for her next album

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    i mean garfield is just a name, i don't think there's anything in the podcast itself that suggests that he's literally garfield the cat

Yeah sure griffin mcelroy named a character Garfield without invoking garfield, the cat

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Fantasy Costco will always live on

In my heart

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    Fantasy Warehouse?

Where Warehouse is just on a sign over the real Fantasy Costco sign.

Like, a real cheap one. Looks like it was made with spray paint in 5 minutes.

And a bit of the C still pokes out.

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

Yeah sure griffin mcelroy named a character Garfield without invoking garfield, the cat

From a legal perspective? No, he absolutely didn't.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

How so? Literally the only similarities between Garfield the Deals Warlock and Garfield the Cat is their name.

He isn't even a cat-man, canonically! That is just fan art running with The Boyz history of Garfield goofs

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

okay but I will also be unhappy if Garfield, The Deals Warlock is not literally Garfield in some flowing robes

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Garfield is like

A person's name

There is absolutely no way they would be legally barred from using it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Garfield is like

A person's name

There's literally a US prsident who had that name.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Griffin is such a good boy. I wholeheartedly agree with his choices, except for the games I didn't play, which I guess means I should play Hyperlight Drifter and The Witness.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Garfield is like

A person's name

And his estate had to pay heavily to keep referring to him by name

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

How so? Literally the only similarities between Garfield the Deals Warlock and Garfield the Cat is their name.

He isn't even a cat-man, canonically! That is just fan art running with The Boyz history of Garfield goofs

Right, that's my point. From a legal perspective, he absolutely without a doubt did not invoke Garfield the Cat.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Oh, I misread, I thought you were saying he did

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It's okay, it's understandable that you would presume Bagel said something wrong

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    It's okay, it's understandable that you would presume Bagel said something wrong

The vain hope that one day it will happen?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I always knew @ThatDudeOverThere was SilvaGunner the whole time

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Garfield is like

A person's name

yeah and there were princes and kings named adolf

but garfield belongs to jim davis now

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Garfield is like

A person's name

So does Adolf, weirdly enough

• Options
    Garfield is like

A person's name

So does Adolf, weirdly enough

Jon Adolf Arbuckle.

A lot of people forget about the Adolf but I think it's important

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Remember that classic comic where Garfield uses Jon's old Nazi flag as a napkin?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it says something about me that I expect the "ooooh" in Live and Learn to just continue on forever in a gradually rising pitch like a jet engine starting up

that thing is that I've listened to too much silvagunner

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Fantasy CostMart

Bamn. Done.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Fanta-C-Ost Co.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

Weird that someone edited this song to remove L'il John.

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Shit got real in this Cosmic Call. If you haven't started listening yet, this might be a good time, this feels like it was a turning point for the show. And I was going to do a House of Leaves thing, but it doesn't look like we can do font colors.
    "with me as always, for now"
    "You know Yaretta, the fact that you have to spend multiple hours a day with me, I was convinced that we would get to know each other a lot better, but you sure proved me wrong!"
    "Sometimes it's the words you don't say. A lot of the times it's the words you do say, but sometimes it's the words you don't say."
    "We still have paper in there? I ordered a lot more paper, because I thought we were out."
    "Wow, you've gotten paid for a lot of things, Yaretta!" "Yeah... yeah... I have."
    Cordia 2: Judgement Day
    Un-Judgement Day
    "You're a movie star... you know, allegedly."
    "I'm your buddy, Burt!" "You're my buddy." Yaretta said that more murderously than I think I would be capable of
    "Why do I have this plug then? What's that doing?"
    I don't know exactly what happened, but Burt definitely killed everyone on this space station
    "I mean when you say it like that, that I was shouting download codes in the middle of a busy spaceport for a space worm god, it sounds ridiculous."
    "But I will say, I learned stuff from that." "Oh, like what?" "Don't join a space worm cult." "That seems like an important lesson."
    "I don't want to bad-talk our sponsors." "Right."But did they just buy some mini-fridges and slap their logo on it?" "I mean, that wouldn't get you cold enough to be cryogenically frozen, would it?" "You wouldn't think so, but like, what if you turn it way up?"
    "You see, that's the way it is with sleep, when they say you'll sleep it off, they're lying to you, but it's a nice phrase."
    I don't like ice cream, this podcast is very relatable
    "I don't know what I'm talking about, Yaretta. Sometimes I just like to pretend I understand things, because I'm worried that no will like me, because like you said last time, I'm a weirdo." Same
    "You're saying the call is coming from inside the station? Wow, what a crazy twist!"
    "I thought Jeremy hung a poster over those. The paper you stepped on, oh no!" "Yes. It didn't 'hang in there.'"
    "Well, we weren't going in there anymore, we wanted to be energy conscious." "I guess that's nice."
    "No! None of us like it! That's why we don't talk about it ever!"
    "Jeremy, I'd like to apologize, I think I may have been a bit off-putting in the last week, I get your whole deal now."
    "That was the first call we've taken in months, and it was not a good call."
    "I still don't know any movies you were in." "OKAY, it may be time to wrap this up."
    WE'RE LISTENING

• Options
    There isn't a... Star Trek rewatch podcast on Audio Entropy, is there

I need to know for reasons

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Moriveth wrote: »
    There isn't a... Star Trek rewatch podcast on Audio Entropy, is there

I need to know for reasons

Audio Entroprise is still up for grabs

Gatsby on
  • Options
    I was thinking
    Trek Yourself

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    "Where we boldly go there."

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    God dammit Moriveth you are going to make me buy an actual good microphone if you do that.

• Options
    So like maybe an episode a week or every other week? Evenings are best for me, obvs.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    This MBMBaM is very good

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Start with TOS and go from there. I've barely seen any Star Trek too, so...

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Moriveth wrote: »
    So like maybe an episode a week or every other week? Evenings are best for me, obvs.

I'm like 1000% down after the new year. But will need to get a new Skype account and such and see what times will work for me.

Oh boy you've not seen much trek? You're in for a trip.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Yeah, I was thinking of starting next year. Folks, @ me if you're interested in guesting/being a regular.

This discussion has been closed.