As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Australia]. Stolen lands often referred to as a country.

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    OH I SEE HOW IT IS

No one ever flies west either. :cry:

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Northern Territory is v warm can confirm

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    there's also a lot of space and distance

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Anyone have an iphone 6/6S in reasonable condition that they're planning on replacing soon? Mum need a phone and she likes iphones but really doesn't need to spend the money for a new one.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I have a six, but I'm not really looking at upgrades until the next upgrade cycle and it might be a bit sluggish by the time the next OS roles around.

Blake T on
    She currently has a 4, so... I'm not super concerned about that. I just don't want her to end up with a phone she doesn't really want just because she won't get herself anything nice.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    She currently has a 4, so... I'm not super concerned about that. I just don't want her to end up with a phone she doesn't really want just because she won't get herself anything nice.

I've got a Sony Xperia Z3 that I'd be happy to swap for a new working Google Pixel.

• HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular

What's wrong with an iphone fou-..... *glances at phone and sighs*

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko

What's wrong with an iphone fou-..... *glances at phone and sighs*

Nothing actually, but it's her work phone and she's retiring.

• theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Guys I got in and out of a centrelink within 15 minutes

theSquid wrote: »
    Guys I got in and out of a centrelink within 15 minutes

It's you, you are The One.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Yes, but did they give you any money?

Just I would expect that trying to access any of the possible payments would be the most painful part of the process.

discrider on
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    So, as if this week couldn't get any worse... my nan (mum's mother) just abruptly died earlier today. Barely any warnings she'd had a chest infection the past week or so but she was actually getting better until last night when she was suddenly in a lot of pain and actually needed morphine. They don't know for sure yet but it's likely the virus or whatever spread to her blood and her body was too frail to fight it off.

I was pretty distraught when mum called me to say nan was mega sick, and even worse when she called back 10 minutes to say she died while we were on the phone... am okay not, mostly.

Funeral is on Friday so I'm flying over Thursday and coming back Christmas Eve or Boxing Day

• HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    So, as if this week couldn't get any worse... my nan (mum's mother) just abruptly died earlier today. Barely any warnings she'd had a chest infection the past week or so but she was actually getting better until last night when she was suddenly in a lot of pain and actually needed morphine. They don't know for sure yet but it's likely the virus or whatever spread to her blood and her body was too frail to fight it off.

I was pretty distraught when mum called me to say nan was mega sick, and even worse when she called back 10 minutes to say she died while we were on the phone... am okay not, mostly.

Funeral is on Friday so I'm flying over Thursday and coming back Christmas Eve or Boxing Day

Fuck.

We're with you dude.

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I'm in Melbourne hello australia your streets are very clean and also holy shit you guys like KFC

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2016
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I'm in Melbourne hello australia your streets are very clean and also holy shit you guys like KFC

I don't know if we like KFC specifically
    there's just no other fried chicken franchise around.

edit: get one of those foot long Hong Kong schnitzels while you're there.

tynic on
    tynic wrote: »

I don't know if we like KFC specifically
    there's just no other fried chicken franchise around.

edit: get one of those foot long Hong Kong schnitzels while you're there.

Saywhanow

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    hi Australia thread! I have family down there but haven't been in, oh jeeze, over a decade or more. I miss visiting! the majority of my family is in NZ (mom's side of the familiy is kiwi) though so the aus family tends to fly over there. I have an aunt and two cousins in tazzy though and really want to go visit. one of them is running what looks like a really nice b&b on the tamar river.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited December 2016

Where are you staying? I would say lets grab a beer but I did not fly home for Christmas this year.

stimtokolos on
    edited December 2016

Where are you staying? I would say lets grab a beer but I did not fly home for Christmas this year.

The Quest hotel on... Bourke street? Near Bourke?

Juggernut on
  • ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular
    Hope you're enjoying the weather!
    Hahaha it's even more terrible than usual at the moment.

So off to a great start.

Lost my wallet. Right after I cancelled my card somebody messaged me on Facebook telling me they found it and where they left. Now my bank won't reactivate the card thus leaving me in a different country with only about $100. So, you know, no big deal.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    hello Australia thread

I am in Noosa on holiday right now

It is hot and sticky but I have eaten many delicious fish

Tomorrow I go back to Melbourne and back to work

send help

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    there used to be a few places in sydney that did taiwanese fried chicken

and actually a korean fc place just opened up in brisbane

east asians are super on point when it comes to fried chicken

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Korean fried chicken is the best

Now I want to order a bunch when I get back

edited December 2016

The Quest hotel on... Bourke street? Near Bourke?

I live just off Bourke Street! But the one that is in Sydney not there.

Here is unsolicited list of something things I like in Melbourne!

http://www.cookie.net.au/ is on the more expensive side but has a bunch of good beers on tap. It is also in a building with a bunch of other bars, I think the rooftop is decently priced but can't really remember.

Last time I was down @Apocalyptus and @Cyvros showed me some board games, cards, etc place with a bar downstairs that I wish I could've spent time drinking and playing games at. Was it on Little Lonsdale? Maybe Little Bourke.

You should go and find an alley-way coffee shop if you've got time. I always love them, the less other stuff in the alley the better. I tend to just wander around until I find something.

If you end up in St. Kilda (96 tram down bourke) for Luna Park or what have you http://thelocal.com.au/ is a favourite of mine. Again, a little expensive but good beer selection.

There is a grimey rock bar on AD-DC Lane called Cherry Bar. I'm not sure if many people would like, but it is on AD-DC Lane.

stimtokolos on
    i know lots of bars but they're mostly in the inner north

edited December 2016
    Yeah I'm an inner South-East nerd, but there isn't much there to really 'see' apart from Luna Park if you're into that kind of thing.

Apparently Sydney will be receiving the Melbourne weather from the past couple of days.
    I am not excited. At least work has aircon. My apartment does not.

stimtokolos on
  • KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    @Anzekay hugs dude :(

Hello thread how are you I am fine thanks. Just celebrated my second Christmas in Dubai, which was nice. Spending Christmas Day at work with a hangover was less nice.

New job is good! Kicking my butt in terms of stress, but super interesting. Looking forward to being in town late April, please don't all move and forget to tell me. Again.

• KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    Cherry Bar is the worst

Or, if you're after coffee, head up @Cyvros ' and @Apocalyptus 's way. They'll direct you from there.

Kincaid wrote: »
    Cherry Bar is the worst

You're the worst. [citation required]

• CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    @Juggernut That majorly sucks. Hope it gets sorted out soon!
    Last time I was down @Apocalyptus and @Cyvros showed me some board games, cards, etc place with a bar downstairs that I wish I could've spent time drinking and playing games at. Was it on Little Lonsdale? Maybe Little Bourke.

Alchemist's Refuge! It's along Little Lonsdale St underneath Games Laboratory.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Alchemist's Refuge (and games lab) is amazing and I love that it continues to do well

• AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    So off to a great start.

Lost my wallet. Right after I cancelled my card somebody messaged me on Facebook telling me they found it and where they left. Now my bank won't reactivate the card thus leaving me in a different country with only about $100. So, you know, no big deal.

That's harsh. If I had work going at this time of year, I could probably help you out. Maybe I can rustle you up a couple of sandwiches and run them out to you.

I should be ok. I'm at the airport right now, and we're heading to Tasmania tomorrow and then to Sydney the next day. I'm hoping my bank will get my emergency card to the hotel there. If not, I'll just see about getting my mom or somebody to wire me the contents of my bank account. I'm with friends so I can bum off them until such a time as I am not a "destitute citizen"

Thanks for the offer of help, though!

... wait why on earth are you spending one day in tasmania?
    that's a long way to go for not much time

tynic wrote: »
    ... wait why on earth are you spending one day in tasmania?
    that's a long way to go for not much time

Nicc, I honestly have no clue. I'm just along for the ride.

• bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    you could see the nut in a day and be satisfied

sC4Q4nq.jpg
    bsjezz wrote: »
    you could see the nut in a day and be satisfied

I kind of assumed the only reason for going to tasmania is to do some serious hiking
    why would you bother spending that much time on a plane, for Hobart?

This discussion has been closed.