As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Carrie Fisher has become one with The Force

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Maybe it's because the characters he's created have taken on lives of their own under other creators, or maybe it's the facts about how he was shitty to artists and took a lot of credit for ideas from them, but I think I'll be fine when I hear that Stan Lee dies. Not saying I hope he dies any time soon, but I think I'm going to be fine, emotionally speaking, when I hear.

My hope is that when he goes, we get an announcement he has 100s of prerecorded cameo scenes locked up in a Prince style vault, so Marvel can just stick them in movies until the end of time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Maybe it's because the characters he's created have taken on lives of their own under other creators, or maybe it's the facts about how he was shitty to artists and took a lot of credit for ideas from them, but I think I'll be fine when I hear that Stan Lee dies. Not saying I hope he dies any time soon, but I think I'm going to be fine, emotionally speaking, when I hear.

I think I'll be fine because the man is 95

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Keith Richards is actually the Grim Reaper.

It just makes so much sense.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »

My hope is that when he goes, we get an announcement he has 100s of prerecorded cameo scenes locked up in a Prince style vault, so Marvel can just stick them in movies until the end of time.

I've been over Stan Lee cameos for about eight years.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

For me it says the Brain and Behavior Research Foundation.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    agoaj wrote: »
    Has anyone started a petition to put her dog in Episode 8 yet?
    Does Star Wars have dogs?

Her daughter Billie Lourd, who is an actress herself, has a role in The Force Awakens if that helps.

1449698985059.jpg

Hah she even has mini buns

...wait she looks like the earmuffs Chanel from Scream Queens. Waaait. It is her! THATS WHY SHE WEARS EARMUFFS

Holy shit

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

I am "over" them

by which I mean that I say I don't care but then I go and see a marvel movie and forget that there's going to be a Stan Lee cameo and then it happens and I cackle like an idiot

every time

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

I am "over" them

by which I mean that I say I don't care but then I go and see a marvel movie and forget that there's going to be a Stan Lee cameo and then it happens and I cackle like an idiot

every time

He even has a cameo in the Spiderman ride at Universal Orlando, which made me genuinely smile

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    stan lee is my hero

just the most sleaziest of businessmen

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Stan Lee's cameos make him the highest grossing actor of all time, with box office proceeds in excess of 17 billion dollars, and a per-film average of over 500 million (international).

I find this fact hilarious.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I will always love the Stan Lee cameos.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I'm enjoying the Stan Lee cameos more now that he isnt constantly trying to Hugh Heffner it up.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

Omg why did this make me cry Jesus christ

2016 the year of crying at work

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I think that only happened twice

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2016/12/filmmaker-queer-icon-john-waters-hospitalized/

thankfully it was only for kidney stones, but fucking back off 2016

that is goddamned enough

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

Not the real Prince William, but a sweet sentiment nonetheless.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2016/12/filmmaker-queer-icon-john-waters-hospitalized/

that is goddamned enough

NO! NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38446309

The author of Watership Down died, too, at 96.

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular

Turns out these celebrity deaths are all to sustain Max Von Sydow

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Machwing wrote: »

Another candidate for bubble wrapping.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

It is definitely reaching a point now where people say "Well, at least x is okay" and I think "Man I was sure they died a while back"

It's getting hard to keep track of which celebrities are still alive!

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

It is definitely reaching a point now where people say "Well, at least x is okay" and I think "Man I was sure they died a while back"

It's getting hard to keep track of which celebrities are still alive!

Especially this year.

I thought the worst was over once the "Is Abe Vagoda Alive?" Firefox extension finally switch to "No", turns out that was just the beginning.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Whelp. Debbie Reynolds was hospitalized earlier today, for a stroke:

http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/28/debbie-reynolds-hospitalized-stroke/

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    I love the Stan Lee cameos just for the constant amazement that a guy his age is actually still able to get around and do the bits. They're not huge or anything but most guys his age I've heard of can barely make it across the house.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

Okay, this is just the universe being cruel.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    Stan Lee's cameos make him the highest grossing actor of all time, with box office proceeds in excess of 17 billion dollars, and a per-film average of over 500 million (international).

I find this fact hilarious.

Everyone can relax. They filmed the next 8 years worth of Stan Lee cameos here over the summer.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    While the debate over digital likeness rights rages on, I bet Stan Lee has a stipulation in his will that he be digitally inserted into all Marvel movies from here to perpetuity.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    While the debate over digital likeness rights rages on, I bet Stan Lee has a stipulation in his will that he be digitally inserted into all Marvel movies from here to perpetuity.

That would be one hell of a stipulation. Then again if anyone could pull it off it would probably be him.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular

It was a stroke?! Fuck!

I saw the headline and just assumed she'd barely eaten or slept since Carrie got sick. Fucking... Fuck

• Options

It was a stroke?! Fuck!

I saw the headline and just assumed she'd barely eaten or slept since Carrie got sick. Fucking... Fuck

Well the article says "possible stroke", so I guess we don't know for sure. :(

• Options
    Okay, refusing to panic until we know more.

That poor family.

• Options
    If he loses his only sister and his mother during the same December, I expect Todd Fisher will not find much joy in future Christmases. Hopefully at least his mom will pull through.

• Options

It's really not difficult to slip people who have died into movies without resorting to digital effects, especially if you just want a nod to the person rather than need them for the story.

The bust of Harold Ramis in the Professor's office in Ghostbusters was sweet and touching and made me smile when I noticed it.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular

It's really not difficult to slip people who have died into movies without resorting to digital effects, especially if you just want a nod to the person rather than need them for the story.

The bust of Harold Ramis in the Professor's office in Ghostbusters was sweet and touching and made me smile when I noticed it.

There were people who wanted him to appear as a CGI ghost.

I cannot think of anything more ghoulish than that (no pun intended, honest*)

His children and grandchild having cameos in the movie was also pretty sweet.

Ghouls aren't even ghosts, they're animated corpses that feast on the flesh of the living. I will never know why they're mentioned in the same sentence so often and rarely represented. There's no appreciation for proper paranormal scholarship anymore.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    ic1vMOF.jpg

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

that is goddamned enough

don't you fucking dare take john waters away from me

6vjsgrerts6r.png