As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

D+D not showing up post Holiday Forum

Title kind of says it all and browsing relevant forums it seems like either no one else has this issue or the forum was killed without fanfare. Either way.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
Come Overwatch with meeeee

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    We are aware that certain forums are missing (I think Critical Failures is another).

Nothing we can do until an admin gets here, so just be patient.

YL9WnCY.png
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Thank you I almost legit had a panic attack. <3

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2016
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/categories/debate-andor-discourse

does this link work?
    RedTide wrote: »
    Title kind of says it all and browsing relevant forums it seems like either no one else has this issue or the forum was killed without fanfare. Either way.

yeah obviously we deleted the second largest category without telling anyone we were doing it. drink your milk.

Tube on
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

does this link work?

yeah obviously we deleted the second largest category without telling anyone we were doing it. drink your milk.

Getting the insufficient holiday cheer error message when clicked. Also apologies if thread is redundant.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    Well the forums are still there, nothing has been deleted. This is going to have to wait on a fix from Icy because it's all looking good from my end. Unfortunately he's on vacation so we'll see how the day goes.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    You gave Icy a vacation? I thought you guys had him chained in a closet, forcing him to pump out code or he get the hose again!

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    I see.

D+D is going to need to invest in some Christmas lights.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Well for reproduction and Icy's sake I'm accessing through iOS safari and having this issue on both mobile and full sites. The only forum showing up under on-topic is G&T and it's subfora; both CF and D+D are not showing up and giving me insufficient cheer warnings when trying to access them through direct links.

Edit: further testing and the same issue applies to chrome for windows and OSX, OSX safari, Firefox for OSX, and IE 11, both signed in and not, so it's probably not a browser issue

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    It's not a browser issue.

• LovelyLovely Registered User regular

does this link work?

...I mean. It would be a little funny.

does this link work?

Getting the insufficient holiday cheer error message when clicked. Also apologies if thread is redundant.

WE MUST ALL GATHER TOGETHER AND SING CHRISTMAS CAROLS! IT'S THE ONLY WAY!

sig.gif
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

does this link work?

To be fair, that doesn't not sound like something you'd do for funsies.

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Yeah i thought this was a "as you are the sub forum that takes the most effort to moderate; we need extra time off this holiday to recuperate"

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    2016 killed D+D too.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    and so the universe was balanced again

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    It's not just D&D, but all of the On Topic subforums aside from G&T and it's subforums (Moe's, MMO) for me.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Thanks for looking into it and letting us know what's up.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

does this link work?

TBH I gave it a 20% chance that you said, "After a wonderful Christmas not policing the awful D&D forums, I decided to kill it." :P

What is this I don't even.
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Thanks for looking into this @Tube .

It's the holidays. Stuff happens & nobody should stress over it.

With Love and Courage
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Might be related:

Sometimes when I click on a thread, I have to manually refresh for the page to change. This only happened after the restore.

Samsung Galaxy S7, Android 6.0.1
    Chrome 55.0.2883.91

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I honestly thought this was just a deliberate troll/joke :P

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I wonder if it'll fix itself when the holiday forum is hidden from view

• MillMill Registered User regular
    Was so going to make a joke that Putin had D&D assassinated for mocking him in so many of its political threads. Alternative joke would have been that 2016 was such a shit year, that it claimed another victim. :P

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I'm now getting a 'You don't have permission to do that' rather than a link to the holiday forum.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
    Icy is aware of the problem and will fix it when he gets a chance, but it's a fairly thorny problem outside of usual Vanilla fixes and he's on vacation so manage your expectations.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I say we just go back to holiday hangout til new years! heh

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    The Upside Down is gone now - D&D and CF got Barb'd. D:

Nullzone on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The holiday forum is automated, so it probably just went invisible at a set time.

YL9WnCY.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Icy, I wish you a super awesome holiday and I can totally live without a bunch of subforums for however long you will be on vacation and then to get this sorted out after you are back.

It may be redundant to spell it out, but I thought back to a previous job where every day off was such a drama that I didn't dare taking time off at all. I wish more people had told me that I shouldn't worry, so thats why I'm telling you.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Echo & Tube just closed down the D&D / H&A threads in SE++ with the note that the forums are back. However, they are still not on the forum list, even after a logout / logon and ctrl+f5 reload.

Edit (after P10's post):

am9dzqu9dat7.jpg

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    gives "Permission Problem
    You don't have permission to do that."

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    ...fuck

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    :bro:

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    :bro:?

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    You're a damn saint Icy. Now go back to enjoying yourself.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Thanks, Icy. If you're ever out in TO, the first round is on me!

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    I think CF is missing the Secret Santa thread?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I think CF is missing the Secret Santa thread?

so is DnD

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
    They should both be in the right place now

Out of curiosity, what broke?

or was this simply a matter of you guys forgetting the sacrificial goat?