As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Spring into Action Figures!

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That would make too much sense. I think that is why there is not a green shirt with the just the Iron Fist emblem, or a a dozen other very easy to design, subtle yet classy superhero t-shirts.

Marvel would much rather put out some crazy black shirt with lightening bolts and flames and Venom and.... ugh! terrible

DouglasDanger on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    All I have wanted forever is a hoodie that is a replica of Spider-Man's top. Is that so hard to create?

This one is pretty close.

Or you could go as Venom.

Or this one with flames.

Accualt on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    oh man, this is the most hilarious thing ive seen all day. i love this.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • JakesteraholicJakesteraholic Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I mean, this is such a niche item. Why would they fuck with the designs. That ebay link had a half red half yellow Spidey.D:

Jakesteraholic on
    3DS friend code: 1247-0157-5888
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    the venom one is the most hilarious.

It could've almost been good.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    the venom one is the most hilarious.

It could've almost been good.

Yeah, then you know, teeth.

Mr Pink on
  • PingPongPingPong Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Just throwing this out there, does anyone know of any good places to sell my action figs? I have most of the toy biz marvel legends and money has officially become tight as fuck around the house... i feel liek a shill.

PingPong on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Isn't eBay your best option? Anywhere else will buy with making a profit in mind, so you can expect to get less than the figure is actually worth (albeit without the hassle of shipping).

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • NondocNondoc Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That would make too much sense. I think that is why there is not a green shirt with the just the Iron Fist emblem, or a a dozen other very easy to design, subtle yet classy superhero t-shirts.

Marvel would much rather put out some crazy black shirt with lightening bolts and flames and Venom and.... ugh! terrible

How hard would it be to do the Iron Fist shirt on cafepress or something

Nondoc on
  • Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I went to the movies last night at this theater called the Alamo Drafthouse, it is pretty famous here in Austin and rightfully so. It is basically a movie tavern, you get served while watching the movie and the food is awesome.

Anyway, there is this little t-shirt shop in there which has various awesome/obscure movie reference shirts. They had a fucking Watchmen t-shirt. Clothing like that is too awesome to pass up, I had to buy it. It is just the smiley face logo with the blood across it but man does it rule.

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Man, I'd kill for a watchmen T-shirt. Good catch.

Dex Dynamo on
    edited November 2007
    Nondoc wrote: »

How hard would it be to do the Iron Fist shirt on cafepress or something

cafepress is pretty limited on shirt colors. iron first would have to be done on either yellow, green, or *maybe* black.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    edited November 2007
    It needs to be green with the black shou-lao (orson) or green with yellow (danny).

DouglasDanger on
    edited November 2007
    It needs to be green with the black shou-lao (orson) or green with yellow (danny).

man, do you have any idea how hard it is to find an olive/dark green mock sweater with cuffs like these:

IRONFIST003_cvr_col.jpg

it's like really hard.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    edited November 2007
    Man I wish I could make that somehow. Even just an olive long sleeve shirt.

Old Navy has a long sleeve waffle-knit that is close, but it waffle knit. Really, it should be sueded or something.

DouglasDanger on
    edited November 2007
    Man I wish I could make that somehow. Even just an olive long sleeve shirt.

Old Navy has a long sleeve waffle-knit that is close, but it waffle knit. Really, it should be sueded or something.

I've actually been searching for hours, and there are some that are really close. but damnit they are either not mock neck, or the cuffs aren't ribbed correctly.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    edited November 2007
    And I thought I was a time-waster. lol. Would anyone even wear a mock-neck these days? I would be happy with an olive long sleeve shirt. I have no idea how to get the symbol on there though.

DouglasDanger on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh shit, I actually have an action figure now.

Someone in the GnT secret santa got me the gigantic orc shaman dude from DC's line of WoW stuff.

Mai-Kero on
  • TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Nogs wrote: »

man, do you have any idea how hard it is to find an olive/dark green mock sweater with cuffs like these:

IRONFIST003_cvr_col.jpg

it's like really hard.
    Either he's wearing his pants really low, or his torso is looooooooooooooong

TM2 Rampage on
    edited November 2007
    I think the waist of his pants is where the middle belt is.

DouglasDanger on
  • TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I think the waist of his pants is where the middle belt is.
    Oh, I guess that makes a bit more sense.

TM2 Rampage on
  • NondocNondoc Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I was poking around and according to http://www.mutant-america.com/updates.htm Mutant America is planning to release some Iron Fist shirts this winter, so keep an eye if you like their stuff (I do).

Nondoc on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I like that Madrox shirt... pity the cost is a bit on the high side once you factor in international shipping.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
    edited November 2007
    That is a very cool site. When you think about it, it would be so easy to do a lot of superhero shirts, especially DC. Superman, Batman, Flash... just very simple t-shirts with a logo on the chest. If you wanted to go a little more complex, you could do a lot more very easily and you would think cheaply.

DouglasDanger on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, but you can already get most of those logo T-shirts as licensed merchandise.

Wildcat on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2007
    I would like to see one of these

hourmanhoodierl7.jpg

Garlic Bread on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I picked up the Batman and Son Joker yesterday. Definately the finest Joker figure DC Direct has produced.

Now all I need is the Ninja Man-Bat. Maybe next week. Though the Classic Batman and Batgirl 13" figures are coming out this month as well.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2007
    My shop ordered the Robin/Damian set for me. Should be in next week

Garlic Bread on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I got a Entertainment Earth catalog in the mail.

HOLY SHIT

There are some awesome SW stuff coming out.

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CHS87269lg.jpg

Fucking Republic Commando toys

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CHS87430lg.jpg

Unleashed chaingunner!

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CHS87599lg.jpg

BATTLE PACK OF CLONE TROOPERS FROM THE CARTOON

Bloods End on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Republic Commando? Oh damn son, I am on those.

Wildcat on
    edited November 2007
    Nondoc wrote: »
    I was poking around and according to http://www.mutant-america.com/updates.htm Mutant America is planning to release some Iron Fist shirts this winter, so keep an eye if you like their stuff (I do).

man, im pretty excited to see how the iron fist shirt turns out.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Fuck, if I buy Republic Commando toys you think they'll make a sequel?

august on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Did anyone else get any of Mutations and Monsters set? I got into Heroclix because of the Marvel stuff... and this set has some amazing figures.

I bought a brick and got most of who I wanted (just missing some Uniques/Rares)

I'm trying to settle on a favorite, but I think it's super adapoid.

HMMU_047.jpg

Or Emma Frost

HMMU_053.jpg

Also, Its nice to be able to field the original X-Men, but I think I'm missing Angel... :( Do they even have an Angel in Original Costume? I have Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman and Prof. X.

Sharp101 on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I love the super adaptoid so much.

Dex Dynamo on
  • ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Those are ARC Troopers, not Republic Commandos

ben0207 on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    First pic, boy.

I know those men.

august on
  • ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ooh, so they are. Not usually a figures kinda guy, but my very own Sev is tempting.

ben0207 on
    edited November 2007
    Tales of Wonder has the Dark Knight Strikes Again statue on sale for $40. Considering its MSRP is $195, that's a pretty good deal

Shame it's DKSA

Garlic Bread on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Tales of Wonder has the Dark Knight Strikes Again statue on sale for $40. Considering its MSRP is $195, that's a pretty good deal

Shame it's DKSA

Looking at all those half-price hardcovers makes me wonder if I should change my Secret Santron gift at the last minute.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Keith wrote: »

Shame it's DKSA

No shame. I bought that a year or two ago and it looks great, regardless of who's sitting on Batman's shoulder.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
This discussion has been closed.